Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fuck all Tom Jones fans! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2202)

porkmarras 05.25.2006 02:46 PM

Fuck all Tom Jones fans!

I really have to get this off my chest because i know there are quite a few of you on this board who have a passion for this sorry excuse for a sexy crooner.Sex Bomb?You must be fucking kidding pal!

Iain 05.25.2006 02:50 PM

Really? I hate Tom Jones. He's rubbish.

Glice 05.25.2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
I really have to get this off my chest because i know there are quite a few on this board who have a passion for this sorry excuse for a sexy crooner.Sex Bomb?You must be fucking kidding pal!

FUCK YOU MAN!!!!

Tom Jones RULEZZZZZZ!!!!!

TOM JONES FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!

[in spite of the fact that he appears to be turning into a cross between an orange and a canyon with a shit beard these days]

Signpost 05.25.2006 03:22 PM

boring old fart

porkmarras 05.25.2006 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
FUCK YOU MAN!!!!

Tom Jones RULEZZZZZZ!!!!!

TOM JONES FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!

[in spite of the fact that he appears to be turning into a cross between an orange and a canyon with a shit beard these days]

Yeah right,next you'll be telling me that Shirley Bassey is a seminal entertainer honey!

Pax Americana 05.25.2006 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
I really have to get this off my chest because i know there are quite a few of you on this board who have a passion for this sorry excuse for a sexy crooner.Sex Bomb?You must be fucking kidding pal!

Agreed.

porkmarras 05.25.2006 03:50 PM

Hey it was only a joke though.I have no particular beef with Tom Jones at all you silly retards!

Iain 05.25.2006 05:15 PM

I realised it was a joke when I saw the "Fuck Radiohead Fans" thread. But I standby my post. I think he's a cock and his music is almost entirely shit.

Washing Machine 05.25.2006 05:46 PM

I'm from Wales the birth place of Tom Jones! For some reason nobody here has bad word to say about him. Personally However I think his music is dreadful and he stands as the perfect example of how not to age. His music was always on the weak side but recently (from reload album onwards) his music and aspirations to being hip has become laughable!!! Look how SY does it without ever trying or giving a shit...Sir Jones has a lot to learn!

Hannah 05.25.2006 05:53 PM

His last album was ok but I prefer his more experimental stuff.

finding nobody 05.25.2006 06:23 PM

the dude just cracks me up

Glice 05.25.2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannah
His last album was ok but I prefer his more experimental stuff.

Yeah, whatever. I have his first album on chocolate. Not chocolate coloured vinyl, actual chocolate that you hold to your ears and you can hear Tom saying some words IN WELSH. I hate all you newbie Jones fans who're all like, "Ooh, I've got his really early stuff". Well, where were you in Swansea shit and ducket pub at his first gig at the turn of the century? Eh? Eh?

Wales produced Datblygu. You all must a'listen them.

sonicl 05.26.2006 01:25 AM

You've clearly never heard his collaboration with Prick Decay, released in a limited edition of 18 on Choclate Monk. I though that was what Glice was referring to, but this one was lathe cut into a loaf of lava (have I spelt that right?) bread. It's a fantastic peice of conceptual art in that the sound has modified as the bread has gone stale and then mouldy. I'd put up an MP3 but it's so microtonal you'd never hear it.

terminal pharmacy 05.26.2006 03:45 AM

i like his noise ablum "someone kill me now before my pickled orange head explodes in violent colours of mauve"

fishmonkey 05.26.2006 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
pussy cat pussy cat can't you see.......
whats up pussy cat whoa oh whoa a whoa oh!

ya

ha ha as i was reading this i was singing it in my head, Diesel - you are priceless man.

Glice 05.26.2006 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
You've clearly never heard his collaboration with Prick Decay, released in a limited edition of 18 on Choclate Monk. I though that was what Glice was referring to, but this one was lathe cut into a loaf of lava (have I spelt that right?) bread. It's a fantastic peice of conceptual art in that the sound has modified as the bread has gone stale and then mouldy. I'd put up an MP3 but it's so microtonal you'd never hear it.

Yeah, I have that one. You know they didn't another limited edition on air? They only made it as a promo to the real fans. I have to keep it in a special 'fictional humidor' which has to be suspended, very very carefully from a spiders broken asshole, turned inside out, and delicately thread upwards into a space chamber I made on the moon. But I doubt you'd have that, not being a real fan and all.

porkmarras 05.26.2006 02:40 PM

I knew of the existence of a very limited promo e.p. of Tom singing in welsh on top of a cacophonic piece of singing dolphins played by Bradford Bahamas but i've never managed to get my hands on it.They told me it's on ''Get your hands off my mouse records'' at my local record shop but they don't have it.Damn it!

Toilet & Bowels 05.26.2006 06:16 PM

oh come on. how can you deny the pleasures of It's Not Unusual?

It's not unusual to da-da da-dada dadada
it's not unusual to go out at any time
but when i see you out and about it's such a crime!

IT'S NOT UNUSUAL TO SEE ME CRY!
SOMETHINGSOMETHING FIND OUT I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!
AWAWAAWAAAOOOOO!

Iain 05.26.2006 06:22 PM

Might have been ok if it wasn't sung by Tom cunting Jones.

Toilet & Bowels 05.26.2006 06:36 PM

after hearing coming from his bellowing lungs i can't imagine anyone else singing it.