Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33386)

BushIsAPsycho 08.04.2009 04:57 AM

My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything

I think I like this album better than Loveless. Some of the songs on Loveless I've tried to like but they just don't click with me.

I really like "Soft as Snow (But Warm Inside)", "Cupid Come", and "Lose my Breath" off of Isn't Anything. I think the songs are better written on this album too.

Death & the Maiden 08.04.2009 05:28 AM

I think Isn't Anything is a lot better than Loveless. Lose my Breath and Feed me with Your Kiss are amazing, but I think No More Sorry is the best one.

atsonicpark 08.04.2009 05:33 AM

Isn't Anything, from beginning to end, is the only good album by this band. Having said that, not every song is a winner, but most of them are. And even the ones that aren't a winner are at least interesting.

Loveless has to be one of the dullest, murkiest, blandest albums ever to be called "perfect" by large amounts of people. They spent HOW MUCH money on the production of that album? Like $200,000? The album sounds terrible. Shitty, tinny drums and a bunch of whammy bar noises floating from speaker to speaker. "Wow". About half the album is dull, slow, predictable grunge songs. There are about 3 truly brilliant songs on Loveless.

Isn't Anything has about 8 or 9 brilliant songs.

Satan 08.04.2009 05:44 AM

isn't anything > loveless

_slavo_ 08.04.2009 07:20 AM

I think most of us will agree on this.

SYRFox 08.04.2009 07:23 AM

For me Isn't Anything = Loveless
Or rather, Isn't Anything != Loveless
They're just different. In my opinion, Isn't Anything is more about the songs themselves, while Loveless is more about the overall atmosphere. Isn't Anything is better songwise (Lose My Breath has got to be my favorite MBV song), but Loveless is more cohesive, it flows better. I don't know. I love the both of them equally.

Rob Instigator 08.04.2009 08:46 AM

loveless is slightly better in my book. one long suite of skree/skronk/feedback/white noise

it's what I love.

AllHandsOnTheBigOne 08.04.2009 11:10 AM

Heh. It's good, but Loveless blows it away.

greedrex 08.04.2009 11:43 AM

My bloody wut?

Kylerobert 08.04.2009 12:04 PM

I prefer Loveless... I just love the vibe it has. I don't really care how much they spent to make it. To me, it sounds very good. To each his own.

Rob Instigator 08.04.2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BushIsAPsycho
I think I like this album better than Loveless. Some of the songs on Loveless I've tried to like but they just don't click with me.

I really like "Soft as Snow (But Warm Inside)", "Cupid Come", and "Lose my Breath" off of Isn't Anything. I think the songs are better written on this album too.

i bet you like Tweez better than Spiderland too huh?

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 08.04.2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYRFox
For me Isn't Anything = Loveless
Or rather, Isn't Anything != Loveless
They're just different. In my opinion, Isn't Anything is more about the songs themselves, while Loveless is more about the overall atmosphere. Isn't Anything is better songwise (Lose My Breath has got to be my favorite MBV song), but Loveless is more cohesive, it flows better. I don't know. I love the both of them equally.

Yep.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 08.04.2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

Gimme a break, Tweez vs Spiderland is not analogous to Isn't Anything vs Loveless in the least.

DanielCarlson 08.04.2009 01:59 PM

Isn't Anything is fantastic, but I think Loveless is even better. My favorite song of it is No More Sorry, the version on the remastered album is fantastic.

AllHandsOnTheBigOne 08.04.2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

Heh.

Saying Isn't Anything is better than Loveless is like saying the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. One can argue it until they're blue in the face, but in the end there's something obviously and fundamentally wrong about it.

Rob Instigator 08.04.2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Gimme a break, Tweez vs Spiderland is not analogous to Isn't Anything vs Loveless in the least.

;) fgggg

StevOK 08.04.2009 03:11 PM

I used to like IA more, but I think I'm more on the side of Loveless at the moment. It could change, though.

atsonicpark 08.04.2009 03:27 PM

Tremolo glider, you made me realize loveless isn't anything. Sunny sundae smile? Ecstasy and wine, geek, feed me with your kiss! This is your bloody valentine, the new record by my bloody valentine.

Satan 08.04.2009 03:34 PM

isn't anything has 'you never should'

end of

Rob Instigator 08.04.2009 03:37 PM

I *FART* on your "end of!"