Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   courtney lovehole rips off the youth... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1466)

doctor dan 05.02.2006 08:47 PM

courtney lovehole rips off the youth...

http://www.nme.com/news/courtney-love/22949

does one of those song titles look familiar?

pantophobia 05.02.2006 08:57 PM

true, but then again she isn't ripping off SY's use of a William Gibson book title, considering her image it makes sense

certainly she kept it in mind who else has used the title though

soniknirve 05.02.2006 08:58 PM

CUNT

finding nobody 05.02.2006 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cortney love
"It's hard to sell six-minute new songs and you could have heard a pin drop although apparently there was speculation about whether I was wearing underwear. Look I've been wearing short skirts onstage forever and and obviously I wear panties. Christ!"

what the fuck are you talkin about courtney?

nomadicfollower 05.02.2006 09:05 PM

Haha.

hey alex 05.02.2006 09:08 PM

billy corgan working with her? Man the new pumpkins ARE going to suck.

hellotwentyfifteen 05.02.2006 09:15 PM

man that song title keeps getting ripped off

first california, now courtney love,

man

i am so

just

man

you know this post reminds me of when the rap group arrested development tried to sue the show arrested development

ITS THE NAME OF A FUCKING HIWAY

Dan 05.02.2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hey alex
billy corgan working with her? Man the new pumpkins ARE going to suck.

Billy's been up to shit like that for a while. Writing a lot of Celebrity Skin, and also working with Marilyn Manson, Blindside, Taproot, Breaking Benjamin, etc.

terminal pharmacy 05.03.2006 05:04 AM

a crack whore, a pseudo goth winer and a 1 album wonder walk into a bar, and come out with a solo album....

how do you do that with three people???

kingcoffee 05.03.2006 09:43 AM

Yeah what the fuck is up with Corgan? He used to be worthy of respect. Now he's just pathetic. Like Bob Dylan in the 80's but only a hundred times worse. He used to work with really great bands like the Frogs. But now Breaking Benjamin, Taproot and marilyn Manson? What the fuck? He has become a complete sell out.

kingcoffee 05.03.2006 09:43 AM

Oh, and by the way, ZWAN was the shittiest band I have ever heard in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyneurotic 05.03.2006 09:48 AM

i feel sorry for courtney love, that's all she makes me feel.

blindside are super crappy!!! i can't remember who, but someone once recommended me that band and they were like p.o.d. minus the cholo/rasta/rap shit. it was like "album: generic christian rap metal"

candymoan 05.03.2006 10:03 AM

the early stages of hole were not too bad - stuff like "tenage whore" were good.. she became a part of the mainstream, and insisted she was true to her roots..
not true..

and, yes.. sad...

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski 05.03.2006 10:13 AM

How Dirty Girls get Clean is the worst title for an album I've ever heard... and then considering the fact that it is a Courtney Love release... I mean, c'mon.

This is some really self-indulgent shit; I'd be surprised if anyone really cares very much at this point.

She's at the :45 minute mark in her "Behind the Music" career... watch her end up painting billboards on the highway in the last fifteen.

Glice 05.03.2006 10:25 AM

Meh. She's ace. Annoys skinny white indie kids no end. This can only be a good thing.

Everyneurotic 05.03.2006 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Meh. She's ace. Annoys skinny white indie kids no end. This can only be a good thing.

that's a good point...

Katy 05.03.2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice

Aye. That's the truth.

I always tend to side with the hated, anyway. They're usually more interesting.

screamingskull 05.03.2006 11:51 AM

Courtney Love makes shock live appearance
'You could have heard a pin drop' she tells NME.COM
Courtney Love made her live comeback in Los Angeles this weekend (April 29), with a little help from her famous friends.

Love was joined by Smashing Pumpkins singer Billy Corgan and songwriting guru Linda Perry, formerly of the 4 Non Blondes, both of whom are collaborators on her upcoming solo record.

The unlikely threesome teamed up for the Gay and Lesbian Community Centre benefit at the Henry Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles, and Courtney took the opportunity to give a live airing to new songs 'Sunset Marquis' and 'Pacific Coast Highway'.

Talking exclusively to NME.COM, Love said: "Billy and me have never been onstage before and it was intense. His guitar parts are haunting and beautiful. It was me, him, Linda and 2000 lesbians and the songs are dramatically different from the demos. It was fucking historic, Billy played 'Can't Find My Way Home' by Blind Faith and Linda played 'Beautiful' and 'What's Going On'. It was such a cool living room vibe. The songs are smashing now. I wouldn't fuck around here, this is the best shit I've done since the 'Live Through This' period."

She continued: "It's hard to sell six-minute new songs and you could have heard a pin drop although apparently there was speculation about whether I was wearing underwear. Look I've been wearing short skirts onstage forever and and obviously I wear panties. Christ!"

Courtney Love is currently working on songs for her second solo album, which carries the working title 'How Dirty Girls Get Clean'. The comeback process is being filmed for a Channel 4 documentary.

courtney and billy need to just get married and get it over with, they go way back and he's always been there for her and in the background of Hole, he pretty much wrote the whole of Celebrity Skin.
they are sooo made for each other.

Trasher02 05.03.2006 12:36 PM

I can't blame Billy, Courtney is hot (or atleast was hot) but she's still an annoying ho'.

screamingskull 05.03.2006 12:58 PM