Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   which show would you rather go to (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=22264)

uhler 06.01.2008 08:14 PM

which show would you rather go to

both the vaselines and boris are playing the same date and i'm torn on which one i should go to. the vaselines are playing closer to where i will be living and i will probably never get a chance to see them again, but i missed boris the last time i had a chance to see them, but i'm sure they'll be touring again. i don't know though.

batreleaser 06.01.2008 08:16 PM

well if you like the vaselines a lot you should see them, if you think you wont be able to again. but ive never been into them, and boris are a fucking powerhouse of a live band.

uhler 06.01.2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
well if you like the vaselines a lot you should see them, if you think you wont be able to again. but ive never been into them, and boris are a fucking powerhouse of a live band.

yeah the vaselines are one of my favorite bands. yeah from what i have seen and heard, boris are amazing live.

flophousefloozie 06.01.2008 08:28 PM

If I may ask, where do you live?

uhler 06.01.2008 08:30 PM

i will be living in brooklyn at that time, but i live in florida at the moment.

flophousefloozie 06.01.2008 08:38 PM

I know Boris is coming to Toronto this month, so I thought you might've been talking about the same show.

uhler 06.01.2008 08:41 PM

no, july 10th.

Everyneurotic 06.01.2008 09:45 PM

boris!!!! they are happening now while the vaselines are putting a nostalgia trip.

i don't like reunion shows, i purposely (sp?) missed celtic frost last year because i didn't want to see old people in corpsepaint trying to catch their breath singing "into the crypts of ray".

DNAINTHEDNA 06.01.2008 10:17 PM

boris are ZzZzZ the last 2 records are lame

Everyneurotic 06.01.2008 11:17 PM

"omg!! more than 2 people know boris!! blender reviewed them!!! i'm so hardcore/indie/kvlt that i hate them now!!

death 2 posers!!!!"

uhler 06.01.2008 11:45 PM

pink did have it's moments, but i not in to it as much as their other releases. their new album is amazing though.

Dead-Air 06.02.2008 12:17 AM

Maybe you should go see Boris and just keep screaming for "Molly's Lips".

Toilet & Bowels 06.02.2008 04:04 AM

boris are as hit and miss live as they are on record, they need to stop with the shitty stoner rock stuff.

Pookie 06.02.2008 04:16 AM

The closest I've come to seeing The Vaselines was when I saw Captain America live. They bored the tits off me.

Hope that helps.

PAULYBEE2656 06.02.2008 07:01 AM

erm, i kinda have to agree with DNAINTHEDNA,
the last couple of boris albums for me anyway have been fairly meh, whats the big deal.. pink was great in places but heavy was well..... boring???

the best thing they have done in a while was that veil mini album, that was amazing. marcos im usually saying that too collfor thou thing but this time i have to say boris isnt doing it for me at the moment...

as for the vaselines.... well, i wouldnt be arsed going to see them. mollys lips is a catchy quirky song made famous by some band a few years back, nickelback or helios creed... cant remember.... so i wouldnt go see em....

i would go to boris tho, just to see if i could be convinced to like em again

batreleaser 06.02.2008 09:22 AM

smile is good, just not as heavy as their other shit, its more in line with 70s psych rock than drone/doom. pink is amazing, shoegaze meets doom meets hardcore, incredible. not to mention altar, rainbow, and rock dream were all phenomenal.

ampworship and akuma no uta will always be my favorites by them. boris is amazing and unpretentious and just plays what they want to play. in terrorizer, they referred to smile as their "sell out album" due to them being influenced a lot by japanese hair metal. they dont give a shit about living up to standards of heaviness or being a part of any scene, they do whatever thje fuck they wanna do, and i love them for it.

Everyneurotic 06.02.2008 09:25 AM

smile is fucking amazing, i still love them.

haters...

DNAINTHEDNA 06.02.2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
smile is good, just not as heavy as their other shit, its more in line with 70s psych rock than drone/doom. pink is amazing, shoegaze meets doom meets hardcore, incredible. not to mention altar, rainbow, and rock dream were all phenomenal.

ampworship and akuma no uta will always be my favorites by them. boris is amazing and unpretentious and just plays what they want to play. in terrorizer, they referred to smile as their "sell out album" due to them being influenced a lot by japanese hair metal. they dont give a shit about living up to standards of heaviness or being a part of any scene, they do whatever thje fuck they wanna do, and i love them for it.

Jesu and Nadja do it better when it comes to the shoegaze/metal/doom mix

batreleaser 06.02.2008 10:40 AM

whats your point? boris only did it for one record.

Derek 06.02.2008 11:47 AM

I would definitely go see Boris.