Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   the misfits (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2053)

floatingslowly 05.12.2009 10:20 AM

you know who I like? NOFX. they do a badass cover of Last Caress. does anyone know if you can buy their albums at walmart? it's the only place I shop.

Rob Instigator 05.12.2009 10:56 AM

is it that we hate NOFX? or is it that we hate what NOFX, ALL, SCREECHING WEASEL, etc have WROUGHT? so many pussy ass pop-punk loser bands in the wake of them.

floatingslowly 05.12.2009 11:22 AM

NOFX is old school. they've been around since the 80's!

Rob Instigator 05.12.2009 12:30 PM

so was screeching weasel, ALL/descendents, etc! that is my point. They unleashed a barrage of copycat suburbia bands playing pop-punky genero-rock.

TheMadcapLaughs 05.12.2009 12:31 PM

one song, gotta be london dungeon or night of the living dead, but wait bullet, she, nevermind.

atsonicpark 05.12.2009 12:44 PM

I don't really like nofx aside from a song here or there. "The Decline" is one of the best songs ever, though. Early Screeching Weasel and early Descendants rule.

floatingslowly 05.12.2009 12:46 PM

^^^ if you don't LOVE NOFX, something may be wrong with you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
so was screeching weasel, ALL/descendents, etc! that is my point. They unleashed a barrage of copycat suburbia bands playing pop-punky genero-rock.

NOFX sound nothing like these guys! they suck HARD (especially the descendants)!

NOFX sings songs about their vaginas, taking drugs and being a jewish skinhead (oi! oi! oy vey!).

on top of this, they can be funnier than the dead milkmen or more serious than, say, a band like The Jesus and Mary Chain.

fucking NOFX, man!! punk rock gawds walking the earth in human form!!!

Glice 05.12.2009 12:59 PM

No. Just no.

Glice 05.12.2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

is it that we hate NOFX? or is it that we hate what NOFX, ALL, SCREECHING WEASEL, etc have WROUGHT? so many pussy ass pop-punk loser bands in the wake of them.

So it's ok for one band to be the worst sort of shit, but as soon as another band copies that band being shit, it's shit?

BRAIN FAIL.

demonrail666 05.12.2009 01:01 PM

I got the Misfits 'Walk among Us' album because it kept getting mentioned in the same breath as albums I love. It's unmitigating shit.

atsonicpark 05.12.2009 01:04 PM

huh

Sonic Youth 37 05.12.2009 01:07 PM

On the subject of covers, mid/late 90s AFI did some great covers of "Demonomania", "We Bite", and "Last Caress" Sayin'

floatingslowly 05.12.2009 01:08 PM

the british know nothing of NOFX, the misfits or punk rock in general!

you may as well be from another planet, as far as I'm concerned.

Rob Instigator 05.12.2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
I got the Misfits 'Walk among Us' album because it kept getting mentioned in the same breath as albums I love. It's unmitigating shit.

you have to listen to it more,a nd LOUD, and with a sense of humor.

amerikangod 05.12.2009 01:09 PM

'Last Caress' ... I got my copy of it at Walmart. Although on the Walmart-edited CD instead of calling them the Misfits they called them NOFX for some reason?

ANYWAY, GREAT SONG.

floatingslowly 05.12.2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerikangod
'Last Caress' ... I got my copy of it at Walmart. Although on the Walmart-edited CD instead of calling them the Misfits they called them NOFX for some reason?

ANYWAY, GREAT SONG.

more replies like this one, please.

thank you, amerikangawd. I shall go to walmart this evening and buy all the copies that they have.

Rob Instigator 05.12.2009 01:11 PM

and imagine 4 hoodlum punks stuck in Lodi New Jersey, trying to make music that appealed to their horror movie love.

Rob Instigator 05.12.2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
So it's ok for one band to be the worst sort of shit, but as soon as another band copies that band being shit, it's shit?

BRAIN FAIL.

you tell me.

floatingslowly 05.12.2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

and imagine 4 hoodlum punks stuck in New Jersey, trying to make music that appealed to their horror movie love.

this thread is about the misfits and NOFX, NOT Bon Jovi.

jeeez

amerikangod 05.12.2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

and imagine 4 hoodlum punks stuck in Lodi New Jersey, trying to make music that appealed to their horror movie love.

Wikipedia says NOFX were from Los Angeles.