Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   nocturnal activity (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=41020)

Genteel Death 08.19.2010 05:16 PM

nocturnal activity

What things do you prefer doing at night when you're perhaps meant to be in bed?
Drawing/art stuff
Shaving my hair (that's why my hair always looks like shit probably)
Taking walks along the river
Listening to the same record over and over again
Cleaning
I was going to list sex too but I generally prefer intercourse in the afternoon.

artsygrrl 08.19.2010 05:27 PM

Many nights I go outside and spend time looking up into the night sky. I'm a lunar person, so the moon and star constellations fascinate me. I would love to be an astronomer. So, that's what I like to do at night.

FreshChops 08.19.2010 05:36 PM

I work through the night.... usually see the sun come up... then sleep till noon.

jennthebenn 08.19.2010 05:39 PM

Writing. That's all day, really, but it's best at night.

!@#$%! 08.19.2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
What things do you prefer doing at night when you're perhaps meant to be in bed?
Drawing/art stuff
Shaving my hair (that's why my hair always looks like shit probably)
Taking walks along the river
Listening to the same record over and over again
Cleaning
I was going to list sex too but I generally prefer intercourse in the afternoon.

ok. for sex (since you mention it) i' m more of a nooner. at night i'm tired and i want to sleep. so--

reading in bed is good-- you can lie down like a dog and rest, yet be entertained. also, writing long ranting emails to friends.

video games are good for nights of straight insomnia. so is cooking. you can cook for the whole week in one night.

SONIC GAIL 08.19.2010 05:51 PM

Mostly clean. Myquiet time.

artsygrrl 08.19.2010 05:54 PM

"Night time is the right time!" ha

SONIC GAIL 08.19.2010 05:56 PM

Lol artsy

Glice 08.19.2010 06:03 PM

Write. I'm at my most bucolic after hours. I also spend too long chatting to people on-the-line, as after hours is when the non-Brits tend to come out.

atsonicpark 08.19.2010 06:11 PM

emissions?

demonrail666 08.19.2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artsygrrl
Many nights I go outside and spend time looking up into the night sky. I'm a lunar person, so the moon and star constellations fascinate me. I would love to be an astronomer. So, that's what I like to do at night.

Get I Am Kloot's new album, seriously. Very stargazing-friendly.

Toilet & Bowels 08.19.2010 06:57 PM

faff about for long enough to sabotage the possibility that the next day will be a productive or fulfilling one

jon boy 08.19.2010 07:52 PM

get inspired to do something and stay up way past the point where i know tomorrow will be tiring.

ann ashtray 08.20.2010 03:52 AM

I tend to be up most nights (my job calls for me to be 2-3 nights a week), and when I'm off I love working myself into a delirious state, as I feel it is when I am most creative.

Drawing/painting

Playing/listening to music

Reading

Wandering around the beautiful streets of downtown Macon (esp during the colder months)

Sex, for sure...I prefer sex in the dark. Fuck that, I prefer almost everything in the dark. I have a particular distaste for the sun most days.

I (obviously) enjoy drinking...even though I've been taking a break from it. Smoking too, from time to time.

The moon is one of my best friends. We say hello + goodbye nearly every night/morning of the week.

alteredcourse 08.20.2010 04:15 AM

The last time I fooled around at the train station, I broke the neck off a bottle of wine to pass around with some hobos, one of which had a gory face because he'd just gotten in a fight at a bar. It was real nasty looking. I had to curse them off when I needed to piss behind a fuse box. They gave me chocolate bars in the end, and it was snowing.

ploesj 08.20.2010 04:18 AM

i mess with my hair

make clothes

complain about not sleeping

i can't draw at night because my head gets fuzzy when it's late.

i now want to start making this dress:

but in a different color, maybe navy, so it's more of a daily dress to wear.

ploesj 08.20.2010 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Get I Am Kloot's new album, seriously. Very stargazing-friendly.

kloot means testivle in my language.

HAHAHA

alteredcourse 08.20.2010 04:32 AM

my cell phone is motherfucking broken, snapped in half.

Count Mecha 08.20.2010 06:14 AM

Watching older black and white movies. Silent films are especially interesting in the AM. Like Ben-Hur: A Tale of The Christ from 1925, that one is great.

Listening to Coast to Coast AM. Usually I'll just go to the archive page and hit a topic that particularly draws me that night, I find myself hitting the open lines and ghost stories mostly.

Living somewhat out in the country, stargazing is pretty plentiful and eyecatching. I usually don't do it though because it just leads to me thinking about things that depress me greatly. If I had the right person to talk to it'd probably make it alot more enjoyable.

there are a number of others. Watching old nick shows, reading, writing, playing my guitar. I just feel more expansive during the night, definitely my favorite time of day.

Bummer about the phone, my cellphone was drowned after the canoe I was paddling in was tipped over due to being rammed by another canoe while I wasn't looking. Instead I was examining the shore to see whether or not it was indeed a snake I saw slithering nearby. So while treading water I couldn't decide whether to look for my phone or look for the would be snake. My phone hasn't worked since.

Rob Instigator 08.20.2010 08:51 AM

I wish I was away from the big city lights to get a good view of the stars.

You guys are lucky

I prefer to read at night. I read until I cannot hold my eyes open any more.