Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How come the young proles have forgotten how to rock? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11251)

sarramkrop 03.12.2007 10:26 PM

How come the young proles have forgotten how to rock?

Before you start going blah blah blah, let me tell you that not many of the old bags know how to either , in fact i can think of two right now and that's really streching it.

Toilet & Bowels 03.13.2007 06:05 AM

only 2?

dr. humpp 03.13.2007 06:12 AM

sarramkrop 03.13.2007 06:22 AM

me and me.haven't you heard them?you're rubbish and the irony that you so want to pass around with your username makes you even more crap thatn i'd normally think crap looks and feels like.

nicfit 03.13.2007 06:29 AM

I had a feeling you were going to say "my left testicle, and my right one too.".

dr. humpp 03.13.2007 06:31 AM

demonrail666 03.13.2007 07:32 AM

I'm old, and I rock so damned hard I sometimes fall out of my wheelchair.

Rob Instigator 03.13.2007 09:33 AM

what are proles?

demonrail666 03.13.2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
what are proles?

Illiterate Polish people.

the ikara cult 03.13.2007 12:31 PM

Its the economy stupid!

scott v 03.13.2007 12:44 PM

I don't agree because if you haven't found music out today that doesn't rock you then you are not looking hard enough, because now more than ever there is more than enough(bad and good) music.

the ikara cult 03.13.2007 02:35 PM

finding music is easier now than its ever been, as such fashion and trends have become irrelavant, cos the adventurous listener can find interesting diversions more easily. You read about Oasis, you discover The SEx Pistols, you read about them you disvoer Joy Division, you discover The Fall, you discover Sonic Youth, you discover Can...
It all depends how far along the chain of references you are prepared to go

chrismc 03.13.2007 02:44 PM

how many people are prepared to put effort into music though?

at most you can expect people to read a magazine and follow references in there. but otherwise, most people i come into contact with on a daily basis just have ipods full of singles.

oh, and the kaiser chiefs albums.

youve got to be passionate about music to be willing to explore it. most people arent.

!@#$%! 03.13.2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

what are proles?

Quote:

then there was a wonderful shot of a child's arm going up up up right up into the air a helicopter with a camera in its nose must have followed it up and there was a lot of applause from the party seats but a woman down in the prole part of the house suddenly started kicking up a fuss and shouting they didnt oughter of showed it not in front of kids they didnt it aint right not in front of kids it aint until the police turned her turned her out i dont suppose anything happened to her nobody cares what the proles say typical prole reaction they never --

the ikara cult 03.13.2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismc
how many people are prepared to put effort into music though?

at most you can expect people to read a magazine and follow references in there. but otherwise, most people i come into contact with on a daily basis just have ipods full of singles.

oh, and the kaiser chiefs albums.

youve got to be passionate about music to be willing to explore it. most people arent.

true, but my point is that if you are, its easier to do than ever thanks to the internet and i see that as a very good thing

chrismc 03.13.2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
true, but my point is that if you are, its easier to do than ever thanks to the internet and i see that as a very good thing

yeah, totally. if it werent for the internet i think i may possibly still be relying on the NME for music stuff. And that got boring three years ago.

Rob Instigator 03.13.2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

thankls! I knew I had heard that term before. shiiiit.

!@#$%! 03.13.2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

thankls! I knew I had heard that term before. shiiiit.

oh, it goes even further...

http://www.amazon.com/1984-Rick-Wakeman/dp/B000001LDM

^^notice track 9
(it's crap btw)

Norma J 03.14.2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
we're going though an era (kinda like with the hair metal shit in the 80's) where bands are more concerned with the fashion element of being in a band, than actually creating good music.

Image has always played a role in rock 'n' roll.

k-krack 03.14.2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

what are proles?

Read 1984, silly!
*Er, upon seeing the thread more, I note that mr !@#$%! has this covered...

OH! sarramkrop is porkmarras. I've been wondering who this douchebag out of nowhere was... I guess that answers it, and it makes sense...