Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Looking for a few SY shirts/hat (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=102117)

nhanson138 11.14.2013 06:10 PM

Looking for a few SY shirts/hat

hey all, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I collect shirts and am looking for original 80's/90's SY shirts. I will pay fairly and/or trade.

please e-mail me if you can help me out, thanks!!!
n.hanson138@gmail.com

In particular I am looking for:

Dirty "Puppet" baseball cap
(i dont have a picture of it, its black with the orange puppet on the front and "dirty" in blue above the snaps on the back)

Death Valley 69 shirt

Sonic death #3 shirt

Rob Instigator 11.15.2013 09:45 AM

those are very cool. I have never seen one aside from in photos

Chris Lawrence 11.15.2013 09:53 PM

I've got the Sonic Death one but I'll bet it's in gnarly condition. I recall my grade 7 teacher scolding me because it said "suck".

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.15.2013 09:55 PM

I miss a bad ass orange and blue thurston shirt I had, but it also got way to tattered..

Thought Bubbles 11.20.2013 10:02 PM

Hi there,

The Dirty hat exists and I have one! Also have a old 'Goo' hat. Bought both in early '90s from the Rockabilia catalog.

I also have the Sonic Death shirt. XL. I was probably 11 when I bought the shirt and my mom made me use fabric paint to block out the word 'Suck'.

Would consider offers or accept trades of the Sister promo poster or an '80s SY tee that's not Confusion is Sex. Sister shirt, the Wynona Rider shirt, etc. Will shoot you an e-mail.

musicplatypus 11.22.2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
I've got the Sonic Death one but I'll bet it's in gnarly condition. I recall my grade 7 teacher scolding me because it said "suck".

And here I thought I had something quite special because this shirt is not present on the Discography site!

I was looking forward to providing photos. Mine is quite minty.

--
______

Chris Lawrence 11.22.2013 06:23 PM

Really, it's not? I guess I never took pictures of my own shirts... :o

I would really appreciate if you could provide pictures!

Lee is Free 11.23.2013 08:35 PM

I think that DV'69 shirt (pumpkin scarecrow and Kim face) is a bootleg. Also that "Goo" hat--don't think that is a "real" SY-made item either....
Just sayin, nothin against boots....
--LR

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.23.2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee is Free
I think that DV'69 shirt (pumpkin scarecrow and Kim face) is a bootleg. Also that "Goo" hat--don't think that is a "real" SY-made item either....
Just sayin, nothin against boots....
--LR

Bootleggers be warned, Lee is on the prowl yo!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.23.2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhanson138

Also, is that Goo-era NFL bed sheet still available? All those throwback logos like the original Falcons and Bengals, I know rob saw those Oilers helmets.. Did you see the fucking Patriots with some Sam Adams looking fucker lining up at center to hike the ball with a mean ass mug? That classy ass Lions logo looking some kind of Euro soccer team that !@#$%! follows, or an Audi commercial, or !@#$%! in an Audi commercial? That fucking epic Eagles eagle flying down to save America?

stu666 12.16.2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhanson138
hey all, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I collect shirts and am looking for original 80's/90's SY shirts. I will pay fairly and/or trade.

please e-mail me if you can help me out, thanks!!!
n.hanson138@gmail.com

In particular I am looking for:

Dirty "Puppet" baseball cap
(i dont have a picture of it, its black with the orange puppet on the front and "dirty" in blue above the snaps on the back)

Death Valley 69 shirt

Sonic death #3 shirt

I have the Dirty cap and that is my Death Valley shirt in the photo you posted. Neither are for sale though, sorry....

Toilet & Bowels 12.16.2013 07:47 PM

I;ve got that DV69 shirt too. The SY shirt I'd like to get my hand on is the astronaut with flowers one.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 12.16.2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Also, is that Goo-era NFL bed sheet still available? All those throwback logos like the original Falcons and Bengals, I know rob saw those Oilers helmets.. Did you see the fucking Patriots with some Sam Adams looking fucker lining up at center to hike the ball with a mean ass mug? That classy ass Lions logo looking some kind of Euro soccer team that !@#$%! follows, or an Audi commercial, or !@#$%! in an Audi commercial? That fucking epic Eagles eagle flying down to save America?

No word on those throwback NFL sheets??

jetengine 12.17.2013 01:37 PM

Anyone ever come across a Thousand Leaves or NYC Ghosts & Flowers t-shirt? Do they exist? What do they look like? Ditto for EJSTANS, come to think of it....

stu666 12.17.2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetengine
Anyone ever come across a Thousand Leaves or NYC Ghosts & Flowers t-shirt? Do they exist? What do they look like? Ditto for EJSTANS, come to think of it....

check here: http://sonicyouth.com/mustang/lp/merch.html

jetengine 12.18.2013 02:58 PM

Enlightening....

Toilet & Bowels 12.18.2013 05:00 PM

I want

jlnpgt 12.20.2013 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I want

I have this one. A japanese friend gave it to me... but I can't wear it even though it's an M, the cut is way too weird. too bad cause the design is cool.

Thought Bubbles 12.21.2013 10:20 AM

For A Thousand Leaves shirts, I have a few that managed to escape Chris Lawrence's site. All purchased during that touring cycle.

brunk 12.19.2018 09:15 PM

someone stole my fan club tshirt twenty-ish years ago and ive been looking for it online for the past few years. how much do you want for your "sucks big moose" tshirt??????