Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Introduce Yrself. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11)

marleypumpkin 03.21.2006 05:50 AM

Just checking the changes on my profile.

twistal 03.21.2006 06:15 AM

Brian
Ypsilanti

Spiritual Amnesia 03.21.2006 06:36 AM

hi, first post

name: Thomas
music: SY, Yo La Tengo, Animal Collective, Deerhoof, Black Dice,...

that´s me (i hope it works):

strictlycommercial 03.21.2006 07:27 AM

Testing.

Considering were starting over this seemed a good a place as any for a 1st post.
Ok,
Name's mark
I'm 20
Music: at the moment some Richard Hell.
Movies; Too many to list. I have a bit of a craving for the Sweet Smell of Success. And if they'd ever redistribute Blade Runner it would be nice...
Books: at the moment reading The Mysterios Flame of Queen Loana - Umberto Eco & Dead Man in Deptford - Antony Burgess

Can you just attach pics? Nope. Since I finally found a pic of myself on my computer I'll include it anyhow.

Gulasch Noir 03.21.2006 08:04 AM

Hi, i was J Roslie on the previous board. I'm currently translating and summing up articles about the Bulun Bulun case.

A Thousand Threads 03.21.2006 08:05 AM

Studierst du JUS?

skipvacuum 03.21.2006 08:07 AM

hi,i'm skip,i'm old and i love sonic youth!

PAULYBEE2656 03.21.2006 08:21 AM

hey,
paulybee...
previous posts 2656
irish
postman
skinny
scraggy hair
father of 2
mother of none
nowavenewpunkwavepostwhatwave fan
aged of 31

Signpost 03.21.2006 08:23 AM

Hi everyone :)
I've finally got here after a big and tiring battle with the registration.
I'm 21, interested in music, films and computer games.
Favourite bands: Swans, Bardo Pond, Liars, Coil, Current 93, Nurse With Wound, Lungfish, My Bloody Valentine, Angels Of Light, Sightings...
Favourite films: Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, El Topo, The Holy Mountain, Bad Lieutenant, Man Bites Dog

Savage Clone 03.21.2006 09:05 AM

Erik
Minneapolis
Fashion victim, guitarist, record geek.
I think Signpost has damn fine taste.

shentov 03.21.2006 09:07 AM

shentov, 21
placed in the diRty capital of Bulgaria- Sofia
anarchist, guitar and bass player, song and lyrics writer, toy camera photographer, writing stuff like poems and essays, journo for a bulgarian national newspaper, my beat is army and ministry of defence, ugh, status: single, likes to smoke pot and drink beer, rum and so, cigarette smoker, likes to wear steel toed boots, tight jeans or combat/army outfit, involved in 3 or 4 musical projects. likes noise rock and etc. sonic youth tattooed. nirvana tattooed. books: bukowski, kundera, orwell, vapcarov, dubarova, burroughs, shitload ot beatniks authors. i diss hippies, but i don't mind if you are one. shellac have the most unique guitar sound right after SY. what more?
http://myspace.com/koeficient
http://myspace.com/bitovterror

screamingskull 03.21.2006 09:13 AM

Rosanna
From Birmingham, England, uk
like - SY and elliott smith

Hip Priest 03.21.2006 09:18 AM

I'm Sebastian, from England. Musically, my big three interest are Sonic Youth, The Fall and Aphex Twin. I also like jazz and sea shanties. Politically, I'm a kind of conservative libertarian with som e anarchistic tendencies. I like maimly reading non-fiction such as history, science etc but fictional authors I like include Nicola BArker, Evelyn Waugh and HP Lovecraft. I collect various old things and now have some nice little collections. I like the internet quite a lot. I dabble with photography, but only very basically - I'm thinking of splashing out on a much better digital camera, an SLR. The Nikon D50 looks like a contender.

I log on quite a lot, because I don't sleep much at nights and because I can chat in work (like I am now!). And I ain't goin nowhere, so you can get to know me.

Previous Posts: 1546, age 34, hair long and brown, eyes sort of green grey, clothes baggy, attitude - morals and niceness I suppose but with a ruthless streak of disdain for people who are dishonest or unpleasant. Compassionate judgementalism, that'll do. I like my country, but despise my government.

I like Oliver Cromwell, Alesiter Crowley and Paddington Bear.

See you around the forum, no doubt.

Signpost 03.21.2006 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I think Signpost has damn fine taste.

Thanks!!:D

Sonic Youth 37 03.21.2006 09:37 AM

Sonic Youth 37
I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am
Music: Sonic Youth, MBV, Pixies, Radiohead, Sinatra, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, etc.,etc..
History, art, and culture nut

Toxa 03.21.2006 09:40 AM

Toxa
Moscow, Russia

hello :)

Kris 03.21.2006 09:41 AM

Kris (formerly known as krgel)
26, Belgium
into SY, Tom Waits, thindersticks, Lamb, Sophia, EST, Mingus, ...

board is going fine! good work, chabib!

Glice 03.21.2006 10:21 AM

I am someone. I used to be someone else. Now I have, once again, commited myself to a rubbish name. I live here, next to there. I trust you're all well.

finding nobody 03.21.2006 10:22 AM

name: Joel
Hobbies: making noise with my guitars and keyboard. playing video-games
Jams: sonic youth, beck, the pixies, the white stripes, nirvana, the beatles, animal collective, public enemy
movies: office space, half baked, CKY3

jon boy 03.21.2006 10:27 AM

strictlycommercial looks remarkabley like me.