Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   twin peaks returns (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=32124)

atsonicpark 06.16.2009 07:40 AM

twin peaks returns

This isn't a good idea...

MacLachlan Plans Twin Peaks Comeback

16 June 2009 5:00 AM, PDT

Actor Kyle MacLachlan plans to resurrect his quirky TV drama Twin Peaks in short installments on the Internet.
The Desperate Housewives star played an FBI agent on the show between 1990 and 1991, working with legendary director David Lynch on the cult series.
The show was eventually cancelled after a decline in ratings, but returned in 1992 with a prequel movie Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me.
MacLachlan is desperate to reprise his role once again and hopes to utilise the web to help fulfil his ambition of a return to Twin Peaks.
He says, "I have a crazy idea to bring back Twin Peaks on the net as five minute webisodes."
But the star admits the show's creator, David Lynch, won't be involved with the new version as he is too busy focusing on his initiatives to publicise meditation techniques.
MacLachlan adds, "David's focus is more on transcendental meditation now."

washer 06.16.2009 07:44 AM

I haven't finished to watch the entire series yet, but that doesn't sound very good to me too.

noisereductions 06.16.2009 08:24 AM

there were rumors some years ago that there was going to be a new TP series. Um... I cant' remember. But Mark Frost was heavily involved, and was more the captain of the proposed ship.

Antagon 06.16.2009 08:29 AM

No Lynch, no Twin Peaks! MacLachlan seems to have become very desperate to relive his biggest success. Short installments on the internet? Sounds like bad fan fiction to me.

atsonicpark 06.16.2009 08:45 AM

While I just want to reiterate that this isn't a very good idea, Lynch didn't really have much to do with Twin Peaks, aside from directing a few episodes (probably the best episodes!), as well as the initial concept. Mark Frost is the one who really had a say over the show, though even he didn't have as much involvement during the second season (both Lynch and Frost were busy with movies at the time -- "Wild at Heart" and "Storyville", respectively).

Still, Lynch should have some creative input here, if this is going to happen.

noisereductions 06.16.2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
While I just want to reiterate that this isn't a very good idea, Lynch didn't really have much to do with Twin Peaks, aside from directing a few episodes (probably the best episodes!), as well as the initial concept. Mark Frost is the one who really had a say over the show, though even he didn't have as much involvement during the second season (both Lynch and Frost were busy with movies at the time -- "Wild at Heart" and "Storyville", respectively).

you beat me to it.

nicfit 06.16.2009 09:11 AM

Plot:
MacLachlan stares at his own image reflected in a mirror
Title:
Twin Pricks

chairman of the bored 06.16.2009 09:41 AM

I don't see this making anyone happy.

jon boy 06.16.2009 10:55 AM

its either going to be spectacular or a spectacular disaster. it doesnt sound like a good idea though i gotta say.

verme (prevaricator) 06.16.2009 11:02 AM

i'm betting on mediocre.

jon boy 06.16.2009 11:22 AM

and that^

alteredcourse 06.16.2009 11:54 AM

It could be OK. Maybe being Dale Cooper for a couple years really inspired Maclaughlin, and he's had some ideas of his own in the time since. When I see them, I'm just not going to have any expectations or hold it too close to the past. I'll watch it like its its own, new, present thing.

max 06.16.2009 11:54 AM

^ mediocre, aye

and MacLachlan didn't even want to be heavily involved w/ FIRE WALK WITH ME, to begin with!

atsonicpark 06.16.2009 11:58 AM

I mean, he hasn't played that role in 18 years. This is just silly to me. We'll see, though... but yeah, can't see this making anyone happy, I agree.

emmebr25 06.16.2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Plot:
MacLachlan stares at his own image reflected in a mirror
Title:
Twin Pricks

:)
MacLachlan stares at his own image reflected in a mirror is the last scene of Twin Peaks series. But in the MIrror there wasn't the image of the agent Cooper... brr...:eek:
No Lynch, No Twin Peaks

atsonicpark 06.16.2009 12:06 PM

I dunno if I ever said this, but if I had seen twin peaks before I started posting on this board, my username definitely would have been How's Annie?

jon boy 06.16.2009 12:15 PM

bob scares the crap outta me.

nicfit 06.16.2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I mean, he hasn't played that role in 18 years. This is just silly to me. We'll see, though... but yeah, can't see this making anyone happy, I agree.

the guy who plays guitar in franx ferdinand could take the role.

radarmaker 06.16.2009 12:57 PM

Jesus fuck, say it ain't so :/

noisereductions 06.16.2009 01:04 PM

I'm gonna put somebody in my deathbag.