Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Paris = Jeff Mangum? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=5338)

schizophrenicroom 08.22.2006 06:09 PM

Paris = Jeff Mangum?

“Like NMH, I’ve been playing the piano and violin since I was six years old, and singing.”

first Trout Mask Replica.. now In The Aeroplane Over The Sea.. what's next? she's seen with Slanted and Enchanted going like, "Stephen Malkmus was so dreamy. Total influence on my sound."

k-krack 08.22.2006 06:14 PM

what the hell?!?!?! why is she holding that?! WHY IS SHE?!

Everyneurotic 08.22.2006 06:17 PM

next she's going to perform with keiji haino and beg merzbow for a remix.

!@#$%! 08.22.2006 06:44 PM

so laughable. but why bother getting mad at a human weasel?

atari 2600 08.22.2006 06:48 PM

that picture bugs me out considering that I've shared the same pitcher with Jeff.
picture/pitcher
in other news of the strange days indeed/wtf dept.:
I read this article about youtube today & apparently this girl who did one of the first (blurry youtube) videos (just her lip-synching to an old Chicago song), reports that the clip has been viewed fourteen million times. She says she gets recognized in the street as "that girl from youtube."

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 08.22.2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atari 2600
I read this article about youtube today & apparently this girl who did one of the first (blurry youtube) videos (just her lip-synching to an old Chicago song), reports that the clip has been viewed fourteen million times. She says she gets recognized in the street as "that girl from youtube."

pathetic fame

!@#$%! 08.22.2006 07:00 PM

if a famous whore somehow incidentally ended up promoting my record, i would not mind. ducks like that often charge millions to be 'spokespersons' or whatever. and keeping in mind that there is no such thing as bad publicity (or something like that) i say any excuse for a record reissue is a good one. or something like that.

^^ that faint streak of echolalia is really showing in this paragraph... or is it mild ocd? or lazyness... yes that maybe... comes naturally though.

Hip Priest 08.22.2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
what the hell?!?!?! why is she holding that?! WHY IS SHE?!

Is it...
a. becasue she's a genuine fan of the popular artiste in question,
b. because she's being paid to do it, or
c. because she's latest sad excuse for a 'celebrity' who'll do anything to whore up another piece of publicity?

Who is she? She could be someone really cool for all I know.

hey alex 08.22.2006 07:18 PM

whodathunkit?

alyasa 08.22.2006 09:05 PM

K-Fed's got a new single, "Lose Control", WHOOOWEEE!!! :) Yeah1!

krastian 08.23.2006 02:09 AM

I never knew that Paris Hilton was a gay man.

kingcoffee 08.23.2006 11:08 AM

Where the fuck did she get that? I'm pretty sure Jeff Mangum is shoving his head through a wall right now if he saw Paris Hilton holding up his album in a press photo. Bad publicity.

hey alex 08.23.2006 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Where the fuck did she get that? I'm pretty sure Jeff Mangum is shoving his head through a wall right now if he saw Paris Hilton holding up his album in a press photo. Bad publicity.

It might scare away all the bandwagon hopping hipsters that realized aeroplane was good when pitchfork gave it a perfect 10 last year. I mean, anything Paris Hilton likes has to be bad for their cred.

nicfit 08.23.2006 11:39 AM

there's nothing wrong in liking those tiny square drawings.she likes the covers,maybe.if she likes the music too,well,good for her.