Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ween! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=32934)

TheDom 07.17.2009 06:25 PM

Ween!

I have no clue why but I have been listening to nothing but Ween for the past week.

Why are there no Ween threads? Where are the Ween fans? Show yourselves.

Derek 07.17.2009 06:32 PM

Pure Guava is cool!

atsonicpark 07.17.2009 06:32 PM

I like the mollusk.

SuperCreep 07.17.2009 06:50 PM

I'm seeing them for my first time tomorrow. So fucking excited. They're in my top ten favorite bands ever. I love everything they've done from GodWeenSatan to The Mollusk with my favorite being The Pod. White Pepper got me into them, but after listening to their stuff before that, it sounds pretty ordinary, ditto with quebec (though they're both still pretty good.) La Cucaracha was just an abomination.

Also, they have some of the worst fans ever. I can't read a topic on the Ween forum without going slightly retarded.

dirty bunny 07.17.2009 07:14 PM

I dig Ween. I think White Pepper was my first as well, and I still like it a lot. But it wasn't until Quebec and especially Chocolate & Cheese that I really started to dig them. Choc&Cheese was just so weird and fun. Totally my sense of humour, I guess.

La Cucaracha was a disappointment for sure, and although I do really enjoy Pure Guava, I can't really stand The Pod or GodWeenSatan. Some of the stuff is just moronic, and I can't be bothered wading through their garbage to get to their gold.

atsonicpark 07.17.2009 07:18 PM

Yes. Their fans are awful.

This band is pretty hit or miss for me, but they have truly brilliant stuff. The Mollusk, from top to bottom, is awesome. One time, I found a copy of Chocolate and Cheese on the side of the road, no kidding. It still worked fine.

Personally, I prefer the Frogs for this kind of humor/weird genre-hopping rock stuff...

TheLegitMan 07.17.2009 10:22 PM

A year ago, I first watched the music video for "Push the Little Daisies". It took awhile to grow on the others, but I immediately knew that Ween was awesome, the second I heard the damn song. My favorite Ween album would have to be tied somewhere between Pure Guava and the Pod. I like the weird stuff the most. :-P

TheDom 07.17.2009 11:26 PM

Yeah I agree that they are pretty much a hit or miss band. I can't get into Pure Guava at all for some reason. But Chocolate & Cheese & The Mollusk are two pretty much perfect albums.

radarmaker 07.18.2009 05:03 AM

Ween are about as funny as anal rape.

atsonicpark 07.18.2009 06:56 AM

So, they're hilarious then?

super_charger 07.18.2009 08:10 AM

I absolutely love them and a few years ago went through a phase where I collected bootlegs of their shows. I have about 300 cd-rs that I never listen to to show for it. I agree that La Cucaracha was sub-par but Quebec is excellent.

Derek 07.18.2009 08:21 AM

The Mollusk is good too. This band have some insanely good shit but I can't help think that a lot of their stuff is crap they made while crazily stoned.

sarramkrop 07.18.2009 08:29 AM

They're to music what bowel movements are to the bath appliance industry.

What's the word again?

PAULYBEE2656 07.18.2009 08:50 AM

pure guava is 75% genius.... the mollusk is pretty good... choc and cheese is alright... god ween satan is 25 % genius... all in all they deserve to be left alone in their pseudo stoner world...... sorry pseudo country nashville world.... sorry pseudo stoner country hip hop cheap shit room slackercore world...sorry south park lovin starring reluctant star world...sorry

StevOK 07.18.2009 10:17 AM

Quebec is excellent. "Transdermal Celebration" has got to be one of my favorite songs ever.

atsonicpark 07.18.2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super_charger
I absolutely love them and a few years ago went through a phase where I collected bootlegs of their shows. I have about 300 cd-rs that I never listen to to show for it. I agree that La Cucaracha was sub-par but Quebec is excellent.

Yeah, I just clicked on this thread to post that I know a dude who bought a separate 250gb harddrive just to fit all his ween bootlegs on. Not even fucking kidding. He really needs 100 versions of poopship destroyer.

dirty bunny 07.18.2009 05:49 PM

I'm thinking of joining the official ween forum.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 07.20.2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty bunny
I'm thinking of joining the official ween forum.

im on there

noisereductions 07.20.2009 08:32 PM

they're awesome. I spent years on that forum. The Mollusk, C&C, White Pepper, The Pod, etc etc. Tons of great albums. Great band. Super nice guys.

dionysusundone 07.20.2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
i hate ween. i probally shouldnt post anymore in this thread.

bye, ween thread.

this