Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   To those of you who've seen Bikini Kill live (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=131184)

The Soup Nazi 11.06.2023 08:52 PM

To those of you who've seen Bikini Kill live

Is "Girls to the front" still rule #1? They're playing in my country in March 2024, and I feel like I'd be a fool to miss it (never seen 'em live), but it would be the first time in 30 years that I'd have to stand far from the stage. (Well, far-ish; it's a small venue, but I'm used to being in the first freakin' row.) This on account of being an XY, you follow. Any opinions?

choc e-Claire 11.06.2023 11:48 PM

Well, you picked one of the dumbest ways to phrase it - but yeah, it would be pretty polite to move back a bit; I'm not sure if she said it when I saw them in March but it was very much of that vibe (and it was an all-ages show, so you don't want to be that guy).

The Soup Nazi 11.07.2023 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
you picked one of the dumbest ways to phrase it

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln...

Kuhb 11.07.2023 01:08 AM

For maximum chaos stand at the front and see what happens

!@#$%! 11.07.2023 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Well, you picked one of the dumbest ways to phrase it - but yeah, it would be pretty polite to move back a bit; I'm not sure if she said it when I saw them in March but it was very much of that vibe (and it was an all-ages show, so you don't want to be that guy).

lol bolsheviks

The Soup Nazi 11.07.2023 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
lol bolsheviks

Care to elaborate?

!@#$%! 11.08.2023 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Care to elaborate?

traditionalists used to be "ladies first", then feminists said: "chivalry is sexist". right? so people decided: okay then, for equality, we're all the same, everyone opens their own door, just don't be a fucking asshole. okay.

but now: for equality! you will be placed on the floor according to 327 sorting parameters. this is not giving preferential treatment to anyone like the old patriarchy. this is revolution (girl style now?). know your place, which is unknowable to all except to those who decide. to each according to their intersectional matrix, from each according to what we want, both of which are subject to change anytime according to fashions. those failing to comply will be cancelled. bring appropriate paperwork if requesting a travel permit. applications might take 3 to 5 years for approval. and if you're old, shut the fuck up, this is not ageism, it's generational justice.

Kuhb 11.08.2023 05:27 PM

'Wokeness is communism' is one of the dumbest opinions out there FYI

!@#$%! 11.08.2023 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuhb
'Wokeness is communism' is one of the dumbest opinions out there FYI

what is dumbest is white middle class people from rich countries (so, in global terms, just "rich people") stealing the word woke from black culture as if they knew what it actually meant. and to add insult to injury, using it for their own entitled whims and moralistic posturing on social media.

but whatever nonsense it is they actually do, the bolshevik label was in jest because those people are no bolsheviks. there is no proletarian class consciousness in that, only a splintering of minor causes.

i mean, real bolsheviks would just assassinate their enemies. hang the kulaks and take all the grain! now there's just tweeting. or x-ing, something.

the soviet bureaucracy that followed later... merits some comparison though. various lefts may differ in their objectives but their penchant for overlegislation and overregulation and policing is a common trait.

here's a shortcut to soviet shenanigans that will not die: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...an-bureaucracy

fast forwarding to somewhere else, today: take the recent constitution proposal that was rejected in chile. with something like 80% of a vote to overthrow the 1980 constitution, here was the occasion to reject the pinochet legacy at last! but what did the convention produce? 170 pages and 388 articles of pie in the sky.

388 articles.

with like 100 new rights! most of them impossible to achieve.

who the fuck can keep track of all that? in spite of all good intentions.

and who can stand where at the show, and what official does one have to consult for permission?

so, 62% of voters rejected the new proposed constitution :/

ps - and now the right wing has the ball https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ervative-boric

see?

that's how the overreaching left shits the bed and plays into the hands of wingnuts (FYI).

so where does one stand at the show?

Kuhb 11.09.2023 04:41 AM

I understand now

Pookie 11.22.2023 04:55 PM

Just say you identify as a girl, the woketards won't know which way to turn.