Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Crazy fucking GLASS meteorite in Russia!! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=87778)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.16.2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trama
The dash cams are mounted above their angle of vision.

So you're saying people couldn't see it? Again, I think y'all aren't understanding what I am saying. Notice that traffic carries on, very few people seem to react in anyway what so ever.

lo-fi suicide 02.16.2013 02:43 PM

reactions in different countries :)

http://www.yaplakal.com/forum28/topic540803.html

watch the video

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.16.2013 02:52 PM

See even the Russians get it to be joking about the lack of reaction like that. Though in that video people did stop traffic and were running in the direction of the meteorite, unlike in the other videos where most people almost didn't seem to notice!

lo-fi suicide 02.16.2013 02:57 PM

I guess we don't see any reason yelling around :)
Yes, meteor, so what? It was a beautiful event in the sky. If it hit the city maybe you'll see running people in panic.

Trama 02.16.2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
So you're saying people couldn't see it?

Not initially. They all react once they notice it.

EVOLghost 02.16.2013 03:14 PM

Must've been a pretty sight... Unfortunately there were casualties..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.16.2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lo-fi suicide
I guess we don't see any reason yelling around :)
Yes, meteor, so what? It was a beautiful event in the sky. If it hit the city maybe you'll see running people in panic.

lo-fi suicide 02.16.2013 03:38 PM

yeah yeah... that's an old stereotype.
but if we see the news in USA you have more chance to see a bear on the street, near a trashcan, in a backyard or even in a house in small towns than in Russia :)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.16.2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lo-fi suicide
yeah yeah... that's an old stereotype.
but if we see the news in USA you have more chance to see a bear on the street, near a trashcan, in a backyard or even in a house in small towns than in Russia :)

This is true of course. In the nearby San Gabriel Valley (an LA "suburb"bordering the mountains) where I go hiking there are bear-resistant trashcans in all the neighborhoods. Bears, deer, coyotes and rarely even mountain lions routinely come down from the mountains into backyards and side streets. However the SGV is a bit rustic, its only connected to LA by the massive urban sprawl, 50 years ago it was semi-rural and 20 miles from downtown LA. Last year a mountain lion wandered into downtown Santa Monica near the fucking pier! Alas, Santa Monica PD aren't generally used to pumas, so they did what LA area police are expert at, they gunned the poor cat down. (In their defense, they did try three tranquilizers and gave the cat over an hour but we were still all pretty pissed off around here)

lo-fi suicide 02.17.2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
I hope you and everyone you know are alright!

We're alright, thanks.

lo-fi suicide 02.17.2013 01:49 PM

yes. there were caravans running through the area long time ago. that's a camel from.

tesla69 02.22.2013 02:01 PM

arresting people for selling parts of the meteor?

An unidentified substance has been seized from a local man by the police in Chelyabinsk region. The man was trying to sell the object as a 'meteorite fragment', reports news agency RIA Novosti.
Talking about the seizure, spokeswoman Anzhelika Chirkova said that the police identified the person as a 29-year-old resident of Chelyabinsk region. He was trying to sell about 60 grams of a substance via the Internet as a meteorite fragment. The substance that the police seized was sent for lab testing in order to determine its composition and whether it could pose any health risk.
Chirkova police representative said that they were sending across their message to people informing them not to purchase any meteorite fragments that are being sold, as they are being sold without permits or certification. People have been selling the fragments online for 10,000 to 500,000 rubles. Two laboratories, one in Moscow and one in Ural, are the only two labs that have the authority to issue meteorite certificates, reports RIA Novosti news agency.

Trama 02.26.2013 01:56 PM