Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   R.i.p Keith Flint (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=118851)

h8kurdt 03.04.2019 07:01 AM

R.i.p Keith Flint

Prodigy singer Keith Flint dies aged 49

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/04/prodigy-singer-keith-flint-dies-aged-49?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Ah man. Who doesn't love a bit of prodigy? I took my first ever E and went to see them at Download. It ended up being an insane gig that nearly got shut down.

Bytor Peltor 03.04.2019 09:06 AM

It’s always sad when someone takes their own life. I didn’t realize Prodigy had a new album come out this past November. I saw Prodigy open for someone (maybe Depeche Mode?), but I don’t remember???

I couldn’t get your link to open!

greenlight 03.04.2019 11:27 AM

i used to listen to music for the jilted generation over and over. such a great album. i am surprised by the news in the sense that he took his life. i mean, so hard to understand why, like so many before him.

RIP

Severian 03.04.2019 11:31 AM

I read about this. I’m not super affected by this, but it’s a sad thing whenever someone commits suicide.

Also, I always thought “Smack my Bitch Up” was a really thumping song, even if it had severely fucked up lyrics.

LifeDistortion 03.04.2019 11:41 AM

I've never owned an entire The Prodigy album but liked whenever a song came on the radio. I dug the Smack My Bitch up music video for pushing the envelope and just completely make a music video that had everything in it that would get it banned from television. RIP.

Severian 03.04.2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
I've never owned an entire The Prodigy album but liked whenever a song came on the radio. I dug the Smack My Bitch up music video for pushing the envelope and just completely make a music video that had everything in it that would get it banned from television. RIP.

It was a very daring video, to be sure. I remember how much of a controversy it stirred up. Banned from MTV and all. But if I recall correctly, MTV Europe gave it the video of the year award.

choc e-Claire 03.04.2019 02:12 PM

Have a few Prodigy songs I've come across from playlists and compilations. Certainly sounds unique.

Antagon 03.04.2019 04:42 PM

This blows, R.I.P. The Prodigy are somewhat nostalgic for me. I remember my brother piping in a few of their songs back in the 90s. I was just a wee kiddo then. He was really into their early stuff, talking Experience and Music For The Jilted Generation here. Anyway, got into them at around 15, about the same time I got into Sonic Youth. Was really into Fat Of The Land back then. Fond memories still.

Toilet & Bowels 03.05.2019 06:05 PM

Come on, the video for smack my bitch up is totally vacuous

dirty bunny 03.05.2019 07:36 PM

Prodigy are GREAT. I didn't get into them until a few years ago, made up a mix CD of all the songs I love. I used to love driving and playing it LOUD (with the windows rolled up of course. I don't want to piss people off I just love how it sounds loud).

Smack My Bitch up is hands down one of my favourite songs ever. It gives me thrills and chills. And sometimes you gotta smack your bitch up.

Break and Enter, Firestarer, Funky Shit, etc etc. So many ridiculously good songs.

RIP Keith Flint.

EVOLghost 03.05.2019 08:13 PM

Fat of the Land was a classic. Really sucked to hear about this.

EVOLghost 03.05.2019 08:14 PM

Also just realized they’re The Prodigy....

dirty bunny 03.05.2019 11:52 PM

@EVOLghost Oh good so I can blame you for also calling them Prodigy. lol j/k

Genteel Death 03.06.2019 04:48 PM

Bless his heart, was he not sharing a woman with one of the Oasis dudes and lived in some mansion next to him in Kent or something? I may be getting confused. Anyway, I never liked The Prodigy. They are like millionaire Camden punks who shop in that place with the two robots as statues outside in the market.

I love this video. https://vimeo.com/31482159

Genteel Death 03.06.2019 04:55 PM

Total trash. London punk gadget punks. Disgusting.

Rob Instigator 03.06.2019 04:56 PM

sad that anyone dies so ugly, but the Prodigy sucked ass and sux ass and will always suck ass.

Genteel Death 03.06.2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
sad that anyone dies so ugly, but the Prodigy sucked ass and sux ass and will always suck ass.

Yes.

dirty bunny 03.07.2019 03:16 AM

@Rob_Instigator @Genteel Death
pssst. hey guys? Fuck off both of you.

Rob Instigator 03.07.2019 08:53 AM

musical fandom can be quite the heartbreaker

EVOLghost 03.07.2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty bunny
@EVOLghost Oh good so I can blame you for also calling them Prodigy. lol j/k

pretty much.