Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café II (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=86627)

louder 04.30.2013 04:44 AM

i'm excited about Pusha T's debut album "My Name Is My Name", coming out July 16.

particularly because this song reminds me of Clipse in their prime: https://soundcloud.com/illrootsradio...-on-the-boards

louder 05.01.2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
new Chance the Rapper tape dropping tomorrow.

disgonbgud.gif

and it's fucking fantastic (EDIT: wrote about it in the "what are you listening to" thread). check it out ASAP brehs.

noisereductions 05.03.2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

and it's fucking fantastic (EDIT: wrote about it in the "what are you listening to" thread). check it out ASAP brehs.

been meaning to check out Chance. Will do so soon.

louder 05.04.2013 03:54 AM

one thing i don't get is Vampire Weekend, those guys seem to get a tremendous amount of praise.. but every song i've heard from them sucked. :confused:

noisereductions 05.04.2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

one thing i don't get is Vampire Weekend, those guys seem to get a tremendous amount of praise.. but every song i've heard from them sucked. :confused:

it's not just you. Then again, I've never been a fan of Paul Simon's GRACELAND which seems to have been VW's blueprint.

louder 05.04.2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

don't think so, but hey this is a good opportunity. :p

1. Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city
2. Nas - Life Is Good
3. Ab-Soul - Control System
4. Schoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions
5. Killer Mike - R.A.P Music
6. Future - Pluto
7. Big K.R.I.T - 4eva N a Day
8. Roc Marciano - Reloaded
9. Big Sean - Detroit
10. Gunplay - 601 & Snort

if i made this list now i'd definitely rank R.A.P, Pluto and Reloaded a few spots higher.. and throw Grief Pedigree somewhere too. still legit tho.

Severian 05.04.2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

if i made this list now i'd definitely rank R.A.P, Pluto and Reloaded a few spots higher.. and throw Grief Pedigree somewhere too. still legit tho.

Didn't I tell you? Killer Mike was top shelf last year. I would still throw JJDOOM on the list, and even Cruel Summer, now that I've given in and become a straight up Kanye fanboy bitch.

Seriously, Kanye is pretty much my most listened to hip hop artist these days. Fucking "Runaway" man. Fuckin' "Runaway."

louder 05.04.2013 12:07 PM

R.A.P is so dope. every track on it is a banger. El-P and Killer Mike have a great chemistry, can't wait for their upcoming collab project.

Cruel Summer is overhated. i mean it is nowhere as great as Twisted Fantasy or even Watch the Throne, but Mercy and New God Flow are GOD-tier songs.

Kanye's next album is rumored to be titled "The Black American Psycho". what a great title that would be!

Severian 05.05.2013 01:58 PM

That is the perfect album title.
Seriously. I hope that shit is for real.

I also hope he ventures further into the "dark side" production wise, and sticks with the MBDTF production style.

Fuck yeah.

louder 05.06.2013 07:20 AM

yo, this kid from Sweden dropped one of my fav songs of the year:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5TdEilnRXkc

louder 05.06.2013 11:12 AM

Acid Rap is really unique. it's soulful like some certified Chi-Town classics (The College Dropout and Be comes to mind), but it's more like a rap musical than a normal album.

louder 05.06.2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
That is the perfect album title.
Seriously. I hope that shit is for real.

I also hope he ventures further into the "dark side" production wise, and sticks with the MBDTF production style.

Fuck yeah.

i'm with you, i want it to be like some sorta modern Mystic Stylez. people who have heard the album claim it's dark, and all the artists who have been linked to the album make it seem possible (Future, Chief Keef, Young Chop, King Louie, Gunplay).. so who knows.

louder 05.13.2013 09:54 AM

lol, that's wack.

this beat has been stuck in my head for days, brehs (apparently from Kanye's upcoming album).

might've been produced by Daft Punk. anyway it sounds sick.

batreleaser 05.13.2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
it's not just you. Then again, I've never been a fan of Paul Simon's GRACELAND which seems to have been VW's blueprint.

I'll listen to Graceland all day but I hate Vampire Weekend on principal.

noisereductions 05.14.2013 05:52 PM

I'm not into the new Flaming Lips. The JT is great though.

hip hop wise - Chance's new mixtape seems alright.

Severian 05.14.2013 08:30 PM

NR, I thought you were into the Terror. Or am I thinking of Monomania for some reason (sorry about never getting that to you, by the way. I can explain!)

What did I stop in here to say? Fuck me, I completely forgot.

Severian 05.14.2013 08:33 PM

Oh that's right..

The new Lauryn Hill single is fucking great. Only listened to it twice, of course, and that was a week ago, but I listened twice in a row and was surprised by its muscle.

Anyone have thoughts? I never thought I'd rep a Fugee again, but damn.

louder 05.15.2013 03:43 AM

did anyone give this a listen?

louder 05.15.2013 10:59 AM

EL-P AND KILLER MIKE FINISH RUN THE JEWELS ALBUM, REVEAL FEATURES
http://potholesinmyblog.com/el-p-and...veal-features/

awwww yeah!!

noisereductions 05.15.2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
NR, I thought you were into the Terror. Or am I thinking of Monomania for some reason (sorry about never getting that to you, by the way. I can explain!)

What did I stop in here to say? Fuck me, I completely forgot.

Terror is ok, but def my least fav Lips album in a while. It feels really aimless to me.

I haven't heard the new Deerhunter yet, but I will.