Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kickstarter (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=117028)

blunderbuss 04.04.2018 02:42 PM

Kickstarter

Kind of related to the Bandcamp thread, a thread for Kick starter projects of note. For starters, this one from Carbon Records:

Carbon Records 25th Year Projects
Kickstarter Campaign

Since 1994, I have been running the independent record label, Carbon Records. It’s been a labor of love to which I have happily devoted much of my personal time and finances. Enabling musicians/bands to get their music out will always remain important to me and I currently have so many releases that I want to put out, but only so many resources.

Running the label for 24 years, I have now been living with Carbon for as long as I have without it. April marks the start of Carbon's 25th(!) year and I would love to celebrate that milestone with the release of many exciting efforts - a double LP compilation of guitar centric artists from around the country and world (more details below), the long overdue LP from Ian Downey is Famous (RIYL Eddy Current, etc.), a personal project called Crush the Junta (RIYL Bardo Pond, Heavy Winged, etc), legendary out-rockers Nod (VU-esque, formerly of Smells Like Records), heavy psych-primitive unit Pengo, as well as a few other things in the preliminary stages.

Your contribution to this effort will make it possible for Carbon to get these releases out the door in a timely manner, as well as continue with other projects on the horizon.

2LP Guitar Compilation - WOUND - Continuing the tradition of its milestone-marking compilations, Carbon is using the occasion of its 25th year to bring together an impressive roster of guitar-based artists. Showcasing the use of guitar in its many forms, this compilation consists of some of the most exciting new and established proveyors of Americana, psych, free-improv, rock, and experimental sounds.

Alexander (David Shapiro), Bill Nace, Bruce Russell (Dead C / A Handful of Dust), Campbell James Kneale, Daniel Bachman, Finkbeiner, Jon Collin, Kryssi Battalene (of Headroom, Mountain Movers, etc), Loren Connors, Michael and John Gibbons (of Bardo Pond), Michael Morley (Dead C / Gate), Rambutan (Eric Hardiman), Rat Bastard, Rob Noyes, Ryley Walker, Tashi Dorji (solo, Manas, etc), Tom Carter / Morning Scales The Mountain, Wendy Eisenberg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...401/carbon25yr

Genteel Death 04.05.2018 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Kind of related to the Bandcamp thread, a thread for Kick starter projects of note. For starters, this one from Carbon Records:

Carbon Records 25th Year Projects
Kickstarter Campaign

Since 1994, I have been running the independent record label, Carbon Records. It’s been a labor of love to which I have happily devoted much of my personal time and finances. Enabling musicians/bands to get their music out will always remain important to me and I currently have so many releases that I want to put out, but only so many resources.

Running the label for 24 years, I have now been living with Carbon for as long as I have without it. April marks the start of Carbon's 25th(!) year and I would love to celebrate that milestone with the release of many exciting efforts - a double LP compilation of guitar centric artists from around the country and world (more details below), the long overdue LP from Ian Downey is Famous (RIYL Eddy Current, etc.), a personal project called Crush the Junta (RIYL Bardo Pond, Heavy Winged, etc), legendary out-rockers Nod (VU-esque, formerly of Smells Like Records), heavy psych-primitive unit Pengo, as well as a few other things in the preliminary stages.

Your contribution to this effort will make it possible for Carbon to get these releases out the door in a timely manner, as well as continue with other projects on the horizon.

2LP Guitar Compilation - WOUND - Continuing the tradition of its milestone-marking compilations, Carbon is using the occasion of its 25th year to bring together an impressive roster of guitar-based artists. Showcasing the use of guitar in its many forms, this compilation consists of some of the most exciting new and established proveyors of Americana, psych, free-improv, rock, and experimental sounds.

Alexander (David Shapiro), Bill Nace, Bruce Russell (Dead C / A Handful of Dust), Campbell James Kneale, Daniel Bachman, Finkbeiner, Jon Collin, Kryssi Battalene (of Headroom, Mountain Movers, etc), Loren Connors, Michael and John Gibbons (of Bardo Pond), Michael Morley (Dead C / Gate), Rambutan (Eric Hardiman), Rat Bastard, Rob Noyes, Ryley Walker, Tashi Dorji (solo, Manas, etc), Tom Carter / Morning Scales The Mountain, Wendy Eisenberg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...401/carbon25yr

It would be really nice to have vinyl releases of Nod's albums.