Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What will you be doing this weekend? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8750)

sonicl 12.07.2006 03:58 AM

What will you be doing this weekend?

My weekend starts in four hours' time, hence the early start for this thread.

Today I'll be going to Heathrow to pick up Moshe off his flight, and then we'll go to see Dinosaur Jr in London. And then tomorrow I'm going back to Heathrow to pick up Greenlight from his flight, and the three of us are going to Somerset for the weekend to see a few bands. Should be fun.

Anyone else doing anything nice? :rolleyes:

Isoflurane 12.07.2006 03:59 AM

I'm going up to Duluth to help the girlfriend's family do the christmas decorations/cooking, which I'm looking forward to.
After that, I work.
Boo hoo.

static-harmony 12.07.2006 04:00 AM

I am working on my birthday. But my boyfriend has a special surprise for me, after work.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 12.07.2006 04:16 AM

puppy shopping tommorow(its not for me, its a gift)
im excited, i love puppiessss
trying to patch things up with someone

A Thousand Threads 12.07.2006 04:22 AM

My weekend starts in 5 hours, yeah
Today i´m going to see NEPTUNE and BULBUL, both will kick major ass.
Friday will be a strange day, traveling to vienna with my ex-girlfriend, which will be weird cuz we just broke up. We will go to theater.
I have no plans for saturday yet.
Sunday i´ll fly to Brussels, yeah.

jon boy 12.07.2006 04:25 AM

my weekend starts at about 6ish tonight when i go to preston to get my lift down to some small festival in somerset. supposed to be quite good down there.

sonicl 12.07.2006 04:32 AM

Hey, that's cool! We might see each other. I'll probably be wearing a Sonic Youth t-shirt.

Hip Priest 12.07.2006 04:47 AM

Saturday I think we'ree off to Manchester fir some culture and some shopping, maybe we'll stay somewhere overnight too.

Sunday, off to Liverpool or CHester (prob. Chester) to try and finish as much Christmas shopping as possible (hopefully all of it).

Then we'll be doing nice things all next week, as we're both off work for a week. This time of year is good for things like the zoo or country walks, because it's a little colder and the paths are less busy.

Enjoy the festival, guys. It sounds like fun.

sonicl 12.07.2006 04:48 AM

Going on previous form you won't be online much during your week off, so I'll take the opportunity now to wish you an enjoyable time. Have a good week.

Hip Priest 12.07.2006 04:53 AM

Thank you. I'll be on every evening, at least, I'm sure. I wouldn't want to miss anything in my home-from-home.

ALIEN ANAL 12.07.2006 04:55 AM

ill be going to a players pimps and hoes party on saturday night, i got no idea what to wear.

wax 12.07.2006 07:44 AM

mine starts in 3 hours! train down to london... many drinks to strenghten myself up for atp, then.......atp/ and seeing alot of friends i havnt seen for over a year! fun fun fun

sonicl 12.07.2006 07:50 AM

Righty ho, I'm off to the airport to try and find dear old Moshe. I'll see a few of you guys over the weekend, I hope.

DemonBox 12.07.2006 07:51 AM

I'm going to clean my appartment, do my homeworks, and generally have a nice time with some new cd's and films.

Or.. I'll just get drunk, and do nothing constructive at all.

_slavo_ 12.07.2006 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
My weekend starts in 5 hours, yeah
Today i´m going to see NEPTUNE and BULBUL, both will kick major ass.
Friday will be a strange day, traveling to vienna with my ex-girlfriend, which will be weird cuz we just broke up. We will go to theater.
I have no plans for saturday yet.
Sunday i´ll fly to Brussels, yeah.

I'm gonna be in Vienna too, my man, but on Saturday.
Christmas shopping, y'know ;-)

h8kurdt 12.07.2006 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
puppy shopping tommorow(its not for me, its a gift)
im excited, i love puppiessss
trying to patch things up with someone

A dog is for life not just for christmas.:p

!@#$%! 12.08.2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
My weekend starts in four hours' time, hence the early start for this thread.

Today I'll be going to Heathrow to pick up Moshe off his flight, and then we'll go to see Dinosaur Jr in London. And then tomorrow I'm going back to Heathrow to pick up Greenlight from his flight, and the three of us are going to Somerset for the weekend to see a few bands. Should be fun.

Anyone else doing anything nice? :rolleyes:

out of town

bigass party

but who gives a shit? :D

EMMAh 12.08.2006 03:17 PM

Going to the most boring town ever to hang out with this kid I hate. This isn't really by choice, I'm being forced into it by a friend. My only request being that we not spend the freaking night haha.
Tomorrow I don't know what I'm going. There's an invite only party I may weasel my way into or I'm going to a friends for a get together type deal.
Either day, the weekend is looking a tad boring.

screamingskull 12.08.2006 03:22 PM

homework, working in a shitty shop, crying about not being at ATP.

Better_Than_You 12.08.2006 03:25 PM

Getting drunk.

Theres not much else to do in a small town.