Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

choc e-Claire 07.29.2019 08:09 PM

Congrats on the 40,000 post milestone !@#$%!

EVOLghost 07.29.2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
supertired and late for me so i can’t reply in detail, but glad to see that you’re finding a welcoming world out there

now i need to zzzzzzzzzzz because wow summer but enjoy your day

Vidya games keepin’ you up ;)

!@#$%! 07.29.2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Congrats on the 40,000 post milestone !@#$%!

:eek:

(in my defense, ive been here since 2006... :D )

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Vidya games keepin’ you up ;)

hahaha... they kept me distracted in the afternoon, yeah... but the brutal heat... damn...

no ac in this country hovel. one more week and im back to civilization.

choc e-Claire 07.29.2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

(in my defense, ive been here since 2006... :D )

I was possibly still shitting myself in 2006 (joking, I'm not quite that young). But hey, you've certainly left your stamp on this forum!

choc e-Claire 07.29.2019 10:46 PM

Need some help for a Media project - can you guys give me some realistic-sounding but fake news events for me to write about?

We have to make a newspaper in class and I need shit to fill out the pages. So far I've got my front page news (anarchist attack on the inner-city train station), but I'll need three or four other articles.

choc e-Claire 07.30.2019 02:56 AM

I spent my afternoon making my own little replica Milky. :D

_tunic_ 07.30.2019 03:33 AM

Quote:

Need some help for a Media project - can you guys give me some realistic-sounding but fake news events for me to write about?

We have to make a newspaper in class and I need shit to fill out the pages. So far I've got my front page news (anarchist attack on the inner-city train station), but I'll need three or four other articles.

in Germany unfortunately there have been such events :(

how about a a fake sounding realistic headline?:
Gay people exist because pregnant women have anal sex, claims bishop

here's one:
Oprah Winfrey has finally announced that she will run for Democratic presidential candidate for 2020, with Ellen Degeneres as vice-president
(insert any other name as you wish ;) )

Netherlands will wage war against Norway because they have stolen their fjords

h8kurdt 07.30.2019 04:02 AM

Quote:

Man from Florida is killed after trying to pleasure a alligator. Tbh, you'd probably find that happened at some point.

_tunic_ 07.30.2019 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Man from Florida is killed after trying to pleasure a alligator. Tbh, you'd probably find that happened at some point.

it did happen :D
well, it must be said that this newspaper is probably filled with fake news if one other article is titled:

Wife of Apollo 15 astronaut claims her husband was raped on the moon

choc e-Claire 07.30.2019 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
well, it must be said that this newspaper is probably filled with fake news

That said, thank you for your suggestions. I'll give them a go!

!@#$%! 07.30.2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

I was possibly still shitting myself in 2006 (joking, I'm not quite that young).

march 2006 you were... not yet 3? just 3? full diaper still highly likely

and i was in the fullerene board before..

Quote:

But hey, you've certainly left your stamp on this forum!

a titanic achievement in the history of civilization no doubt :D

choc e-Claire 07.30.2019 04:55 PM

I was born 2002, not 03 - so I was four years old. Probably discovering the joys of human interaction at kinder.

That said, impressive milestone.

choc e-Claire 07.30.2019 10:14 PM

Quote:

Why is every fucking thing I want to do 18+?

Finally some good news: apparently, if I can get someone who is 18 to chaperone me, I'll be able to go to the gig! So shit yeah!

!@#$%! 07.30.2019 10:47 PM

Quote:

Finally some good news: apparently, if I can get someone who is 18 to chaperone me, I'll be able to go to the gig! So shit yeah!

choc e-Claire 07.30.2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

[yay US sports!]

I just need to find a friend who's willing to take me and work out transport. I'll take a bus there - it arrives early, but it's in the cool part of my town, so I can fuck about there for half an hour.

Also might give me another skirt opportunity, hm...

!@#$%! 07.30.2019 11:13 PM

wasn’t an american thing— just a celebration photo that duckduckgo returned after my search terms

originally i was looking for a gender-appropriate “close to the goal line” photo and one thing led to another...

choc e-Claire 07.30.2019 11:22 PM

Quote:

wasn’t an american thing— just a celebration photo that duckduckgo returned after my search terms

originally i was looking for a gender-appropriate “close to the goal line” photo and one thing led to another...

Ha, thanks.

Basically - a few months ago I went to a school holiday program, which was an electronic/hip hop music workshop. I tipped it'd be full of generic white boys who just wanted to be the next XXXTENTACION or whatever (I was right), but I did find an admin who was pretty chill.
Lately she's started looking out for gigs to recommend me, and her band is one of the ones on the bill. So that's good!

!@#$%! 07.30.2019 11:26 PM

hah, maybe she herself can chaperone you. or you could enter the venue pretending to be a roadie

choc e-Claire 07.30.2019 11:31 PM

Her band's first up, so I'm not sure that would work that well.
One of my Facebook friends (a Year 12 in a group I hung out with last year) is 'interested', so there's at least that possibility.

!@#$%! 07.31.2019 11:34 AM

i'm sure you'll find someone