Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=113183)

demonrail666 06.30.2019 07:47 AM

If it's not just politics then what is it?

!@#$%! 06.30.2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
If it's not just politics then what is it?

he’s ignorant of history, economics, every other science, and all manner of basic facts

demonrail666 06.30.2019 08:49 AM

He was still smart enough to remain a player in the highly competitive world of real estate for a few decades and come out of it a multi-billionaire. Then he faced down hostility within his own party, the full force of the Dems and widespread media ridicule to become President. No one's ever gonna claim he's the cleverest man ever to enter politics but I certainly wish I was as stupid as that.

!@#$%! 06.30.2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

He was still smart enough to remain a player in the highly competitive world of real estate for a few decades

he inherited his little empire, and then learned some dirty tricks in the 70s and 80s from roy cohn. he went bust repeatedly, even after his dad bailed him out—repeatedly.

he survived only because his creditors thought he was worth more as a name and brand than by partitioning his assets.

so his business really is self-promotion, and makes money off his image through licensing deals.

Quote:

and come out of it a multi-billionaire.

we don’t know what he has/doesn’t have, what he owes/what he owns, as he hides his tax returns.

but someone made the calculation that if he had just put his inheritance in the stock market he would have made more that what he claims to have.

or should i say it in his style: “many people are saying he doesn’t have what he claims to have...”

Quote:

Then he faced down hostility within his own party, the full force of the Dems and widespread media ridicule to become President. No one's ever gonna claim he's the cleverest man ever to enter politics but I certainly wish I was as stupid as that.

he’s a shameless charlatan who conned millions

that’s what you admire?

eta: “business”
https://www.newsweek.com/2016/08/12/...16-486091.html

demonrail666 06.30.2019 10:16 AM

There's a difference between admiring the business world and acknowledging that people who succeed within it aren't fools.

Toilet & Bowels 06.30.2019 11:05 AM

To achieve what he has obviously requires more than inherting wealth, but from everything I've understood about his business history it would be difficult to say he had succeeded in it. Did you see the three part documentary series Channel 4 made about him?

!@#$%! 06.30.2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

There's a difference between admiring the business world and acknowledging that people who succeed within it aren't fools.

there’s a huge difference between legitimate business competence and cheapjack mafioso abilities, and i’m sorry you can’t see the difference.

business overall does make our world better, but it is fuckers like him that give business a bad name.

i remember you in another thread complaining of your former employer being stiffed by “corporate practices” (which i said are bad business, but not inherently “corporate”).

this motherfucker you’re making excuses for has fucked over more small contractors and workers and creditors than one can shake a stick at.

i don’t know why you’re looking at the mote in every democrat’s eye while ignoring the beam in this fucker’s, but that’s exactly what you’re doing, and i can’t figure out why.

demonrail666 06.30.2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
To achieve what he has obviously requires more than inherting wealth, but from everything I've understood about his business history it would be difficult to say he had succeeded in it. Did you see the three part documentary series Channel 4 made about him?

I've not seen that documentary but I know there's plenty of ?? around his business dealings and the actual level and nature of his success. But all I've been saying from the beginning is he's no fool. That's it. I wasn't saying the guy's some kind of genius and wasn't even thinking about his character.

demonrail666 06.30.2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
there’s a huge difference between legitimate business competence and cheapjack mafioso abilities, and i’m sorry you can’t see the difference.

business overall does make our world better, but it is fuckers like him that give business a bad name.

i remember you in another thread complaining of your former employer being stiffed by “corporate practices” (which i said are bad business, but not inherently “corporate”).

this motherfucker you’re making excuses for has fucked over more small contractors and workers and creditors than one can shake a stick at.

i don’t know why you’re looking at the mote in every democrat’s eye while ignoring the beam in this fucker’s, but that’s exactly what you’re doing, and i can’t figure out why.

Bottom line, if I had to choose between having Trump in the White House or AOC (which I know is an impossibility on all kinds of levels, but in principle) I'd go for Trump, simply because I believe AOC has the potential to cause even more damage. You can disagree, but either way, I don't see how that can be read as me defending or making excuses for Trump. It only shows how poorly I rate AOC.

!@#$%! 06.30.2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Bottom line, if I had to choose between having Trump in the White House or AOC (which I know is an impossibility on all kinds of levels, but in principle) I'd go for Trump, simply because I believe AOC has the potential to cause even more damage. You can disagree, but either way, I don't see how that can be read as me defending or making excuses for Trump. It only shows how poorly I rate AOC.

if trump’s election has proved anything is that any asshole can be president

so how do you rate him vs

warren

bernie

kamala

biden

booty judge?

i mean in terms of personal preference not chance of winning

demonrail666 06.30.2019 01:50 PM

Bernie's the only one I'd take over Trump

!@#$%! 06.30.2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

bernie and warren are basically the same, so what’s your issue with her?

demonrail666 06.30.2019 01:55 PM

She seems flakey as fuck

!@#$%! 06.30.2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

She seems flakey as fuck

so trump lies all day every day, cheats contractors and creditors, changes like the wind on every issue, tweets inanities, cozies up to murderers and dictators: QUALIFIED

warren, a distinguished senator with a good record, architect of the CFPB... ... ... “seems” flakey as fuck... ... ...UNACCEPTABLE!

seems legit...

Bytor Peltor 06.30.2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

Is !@#$%! a clairvoyant?

Did he know this is who would win the Democratic debates while flying to the other side of the world?

Geez......what a shit show that was!

The guy in the picture above, our President......he would totally shred anyone of those Dems in a debate!

You would think that one of the Dems would have enough commonsense to realize: welfare state + open borders = COMPLETE FAILURE

But they all stood there with their hands raised, promising to raise the taxes of the middle class just so they can give stuff away for free to illegals. Bernie and a few others want to do away with my Employer provided healthcare......what focus group is telling anyone this is how to win an election?

FACT

Every year Americans pay $18.5 BILLION to subsidize healthcare for just 3.9 million illegal aliens.

EVERY 2020 Democratic Candidate WANTS YOU to pay for healthcare for ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS.

For 11 to 22 MILLION ILLEGAL ALIENS the price tag = TRILLIONS = INSANITY!!!

There is no way for tax paying working people to EVER cover that!!!

!@#$%! 06.30.2019 03:22 PM

oh hey there’s that fake christian lmao

just take premiums off their payroll like social security does

eta: current cost to taxpayer is about $34 per person a year. less than a bag of potato chips each month. charging premiums instead would beef up the system

!@#$%! 06.30.2019 04:28 PM

aoc >>> ivanka lolololo

https://twitter.com/aoc/status/1145164720242118656?s=21

!@#$%! 06.30.2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimesbf
and what are aoc's qualifications?

she’s not blackmailing her college to hide her grades xD

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christo...or-sat-scores/

demonrail666 07.01.2019 05:16 AM

Quote:

I take it back. I watched him in the debate again and I don't think I could vote for him either. So from what I see I don't think there's any Dem candidate I could vote for at the moment.

!@#$%! 07.01.2019 06:41 AM

Quote:

I take it back. I watched him in the debate again and I don't think I could vote for him either. So from what I see I don't think there's any Dem candidate I could vote for at the moment.

bernie wants people marching in the streets.

warren is a better senator with a better record, but i don’t like her rhetoric.

still, i’d take anyone on that stage over the current beast in charge

his election proves that our institutions can more or less endure a malignant narcissist. but enough with the stress tests

time for him to go. nobody can be worse. even the kooky hippy lady would be an improvement.