Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Liars album: early 2010! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=35614)

SYRFox 11.03.2009 04:15 AM

New Liars album: early 2010!

I can't wait!

Quote:

It appears that the New York-based experiment group Liars have something up their sleeves. Today, the group’s MySpace page has been updated with new artwork and several links to thesisterworld.com. Upon visiting that site, you’ll see the same artwork and be able to watch some pretty abstract beach videos. Clicking on the text ‘SISTERWORLD’ will forward you to the official Liars website.
It looks like there’s a new album entitled Sisterworld being released in 2010. We’ve contacted both of Liars’ publicists for confirmation, so we’ll keep you posted. The band’s publicist has confirmed that the band is releasing an album in early 2010. Now let’s just sit back and see whether they lean more toward beach ambience or more towards the stygian nautical themes of Ween’s The Mollusk. I’m sure they could probably find a middle ground.

http://www.tinymixtapes.com/Liars-Co...LP-Sisterworld

I wonder what it'll sound like this time...

SuperCreep 11.03.2009 04:55 AM

Their s/t had some pretty good stuff on it, but I feel that's as far as they can expand their sound. A new album from them would most likely just tread water from the last one. I'd be really surprised if they proved me wrong.

TheFoxBen 11.03.2009 07:33 AM

"Now let’s just sit back and see whether they lean more toward beach ambience or more towards the stygian nautical themes of Ween’s The Mollusk. I’m sure they could probably find a middle ground."

Ahah, The Mollusk is a pretty cool album. Anyway, a new Liars record is always a great thing, Drum's Not Dead is so good.

atsonicpark 11.03.2009 10:00 AM

both of Liars’ publicists

...okay.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 11.03.2009 11:17 AM

Cool

the ikara cult 11.03.2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yeah, they are terrible songwriters... their music has no real depth to it, and they're pretty boring. But for some reason, I find them really interesting, and I can't wait to hear this album.

I dont think you can call a band like Liars bad songwriters because i dont sense thats what they set out to be good at.
The s/t album was pretty inconsistent, even though there is some really good material on there. I got the sense they were really enjoying themselves making it, but comfort is not whats condusive to their best work. It was a bit of a Mary Chain fanfiction in places which never, ever works.
I am excited by the prospect though, theyve certainly taken their time making it.

Genteel Death 11.04.2009 10:06 AM

They're a bunch of time-wasting poseurs.

Genteel Death 11.04.2009 10:11 AM

If they spent less time messing up their long hair with grease and turned around to engage themselves with their instruments maybe they would come up with something valuable. They're like the equivalent of asking the barman for a pint of beer, and getting a pint of milk by mistake instead.

Genteel Death 11.04.2009 10:20 AM

They're like closing your eyes while you stretch your arm towards the counter, where the shopkeeper is about to put your change in your hand, and when you open it there is a hot turd in it instead.

Genteel Death 11.04.2009 10:23 AM

They're like a car that refuses to drive, a boat without passengers on.

batreleaser 11.04.2009 11:15 AM

"drum's not dead" was a good pot record.

Genteel Death 11.04.2009 11:23 AM

they're like bread and butter with neither the bread nor the butter.

knox 11.04.2009 11:35 AM

the liars are pretty amazing.

HaydenAsche 11.04.2009 06:47 PM

They Threw Us In A Trench And Stuck A Monument blah blah was a good album. Other than that, the Liars always seem to be a band whose new album I enjoy for a week or two and then becomes boring, never to be played again.

dionysusundone 11.04.2009 09:56 PM

Drum's Not Dad

atsonicpark 11.05.2009 12:17 AM

Yeah, I think IT FIT WHEN I WAS A KID was quite a brilliant track. They'll occasionally have a cool track, I dunno, they're a really weird band. Their music is strangely robotic and lifeless and too... just... bland. I dunno. But occasionally all the elements will come together and do something great. Always hate the vocals though.

Genteel Death 11.06.2009 04:56 AM

LIARS!!

SYRFox 12.08.2009 11:44 AM

New track to be downloaded here: http://thesisterworld.com/
New album will be released on March 6th.
This track is rather good. Wonder if the album will sound like that...

PAULYBEE2656 12.08.2009 12:04 PM

cant wait for this album..cant wait for any liars album..i dont care for their posing or their hipster shit or their im so indie macabre make up i dont care for people who dont like em because well, now people like em..ive loved them since the monument album and they always come up with something a bit different each outing.. bring ion the sisterworld and may it be completely unlistenable..liars fanbase need some weeding out of the folk who by yeah yeah yeah records...... no disrespect but liars rule

scissors sounds quite good...... it will be album of 2010!

Decayed Rhapsody 12.08.2009 05:54 PM

Not digging that song.