Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

!@#$%! 10.31.2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Very much a sideshow. The bigger teams see it as a distraction and invariably field a lot of their reserves. Even the FA Cup (England's equiv to the Superbowl) is being overlooked by teams more focused on winning the Prem and the Champions' League.

And what about our (allegedly) racist referees?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...g-complaint-fa

thanks man, i won't bother with the distractions

RE: racist slurs in the prem -- it's like the spanish inquisition

demonrail666 10.31.2012 05:52 PM

Nothing surprises me in football but I find it hard to believe that Clattenburg would be so stupid as to call a black player a monkey, especially in the current climate. It just doesn't make sense to me.

the ikara cult 10.31.2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
thanks man, i won't bother with the distractions

RE: racist slurs in the prem -- it's like the spanish inquisition

NOBODY EXPECTS THE RACIST FOOTBALL INQUISITiON. Our 2 main weapons are fear, racism, and an almost fanatical devotion to the pope... our THREE main weapons...

the ikara cult 10.31.2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
it's soccer and not fuckin football you cunts. head. knee. and other flexable joints. toeball.

I dont know what to say. So i'll leave it to Paolo

demonrail666 11.01.2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
NOBODY EXPECTS THE RACIST FOOTBALL INQUISITiON. Our 2 main weapons are fear, racism, and an almost fanatical devotion to the pope... our THREE main weapons...

Paolo claims he's a fascist but not a racist. Not sure how that works but I love him too much to want to start digging for answers.

SonicBebs 11.01.2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Nothing surprises me in football but I find it hard to believe that Clattenburg would be so stupid as to call a black player a monkey, especially in the current climate. It just doesn't make sense to me.

i agree

but whats more strange is that chelsea fc would accuse him when he was miked up the whole time!

the 4th official and the linesmen would have heard it, and the fa's lip reading experts would be able to confirm it

whichever way it pans out someone is going to look really fucking dumb

!@#$%! 11.01.2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

soccer

there is no such thing. that is a made-up word and someone lied to you. sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
NOBODY EXPECTS THE RACIST FOOTBALL INQUISITiON.

what i meant is, it seems to me, people are guilty until proven innocent, all you need to do is accuse someone and blam, they are guilty.

it also reminds me a lot of children crying to their mommy and/or telling the teacher. "boohoo, jimmy called me a bad word"-- hm, then fucking answer him.

i despise racism, but i think this kind of policy could backfire. however i don't know the details of these alleged "race crimes" so i'll shut my mouth now.

demonrail666 11.01.2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicBebs
i agree

but whats more strange is that chelsea fc would accuse him when he was miked up the whole time!

the 4th official and the linesmen would have heard it, and the fa's lip reading experts would be able to confirm it

whichever way it pans out someone is going to look really fucking dumb

Given the grey area surrounding ideas of banter, I could accept the possibility of a player and even a referee saying something like that before the Terry/Suarez thing, but not after. And as you say, Clattenburg's mic'd up so, even if Mikel never heard it, it'd be recorded. He'd be caught red handed. Even given that he knew he had a shitty game and was getting fed up with the abuse from players afterwards, to call Mikel a monkey would take an implausible lack of self control. He'd probably be safer hitting him, in terms of the damage it'd do to his career and reputation.

h8kurdt 11.01.2012 03:51 PM

It's thought that the whole thing could be a lost in translation thing. The guy's a geordie and what he supposedly said was "shut up, Mikel". Maybe.

Either way as SonicBebs said someone gonna look pretty stupid and quickly.

the ikara cult 11.02.2012 04:23 PM

Some stone cold classics from the Man United fans at Stamford Bridge over the last week

The best bit is the bloke on the right giving the "wanker" sign without even looking at where it's aimed:

the ikara cult 11.02.2012 04:26 PM

So youre a total fucking numbskull from West London who loves paying £50 a time, its only natural that you would do this

!@#$%! 11.02.2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

hey, hey, asskiss, haven't seen this yet, but just wanted to say

there's no such thing as "soccer"

if you believe otherwise, they lied to you. big time.

!@#$%! 11.02.2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

fucker!!! are you a psychic pre-posting comment reader???

FUCK!!

yes.

also, american "football" is played with the hands.

the ovoid is thrown with the hands

it's caught with the hands

play stops when you drop the ovoid from your hands.

hence, it's proper name is HAND-OVOID

welcome to the NHL

if that'a a problem, sort it out with the hockey people

call it NHaOL maybe

!@#$%! 11.02.2012 04:57 PM

yw...

demonrail666 11.02.2012 07:15 PM

Wow. Just scored a ticket for West Ham against Man C tomorrow. Can't believe it.

demonrail666 11.02.2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

yes.

also, american "football" is played with the hands.

the ovoid is thrown with the hands

it's caught with the hands

play stops when you drop the ovoid from your hands.

hence, it's proper name is HAND-OVOID

welcome to the NHL

if that'a a problem, sort it out with the hockey people

call it NHaOL maybe

To be fair, football was originally used to describe rugby which is far closer to 'American football' than it is to 'soccer'. I don't have a problem with Americans calling it soccer, even though I'll never understand why the majority still prefer 'football'.

the ikara cult 11.02.2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Wow. Just scored a ticket for West Ham against Man C tomorrow. Can't believe it.

Look out for my contribution to the "view from the opposition" on the West Ham fans website when Spurs play them. I wrote it at the start of the season, so predictable have West Ham been

!@#$%! 11.02.2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

AWESOME. congrats. though it might be painful but what the fuck.

hey, wear a funny hat so we can recognize you on tv.

Quote:

some lies

don't distract from the issue-- it's HAND-OVOID!

also know as "hand-ass" for all the wild buttock-caressing that occurs among those macho men in shiny tights. uh-huh.

demonrail666 11.02.2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

AWESOME. congrats. though it might be painful but what the fuck.

hey, wear a funny hat so we can recognize you on tv.

Fully expecting to lose, just hope it's not too embarrassing. Seeing Tevez will be great. He always gets a hero's welcome at West Ham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sIv8k8olgA

SonicBebs 11.03.2012 07:14 AM

Happy with that! Holloway to Palace, definitely a good move for us