Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Brighten the Corners Deluxe? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11186)

ZEROpumpkins 03.10.2007 04:20 AM

Brighten the Corners Deluxe?

Sorry if this has been posted before, but when is BtC Deluxe Edition (or whatever Pavement will name it) coming out? The wikipedia article was really outdated before I made a minor edit.

LDopa 03.10.2007 10:07 AM

I don't like that album very much. Even if it did come out I don't think I'd buy it, maybe download it so I can rip songs off from the B-sides :P

hotbutterknives 03.10.2007 10:13 AM

its gonna come out in 2008

fluxequalsrad 03.10.2007 11:26 AM

I don't know what they'll put on it, weren't there a lot of b-sides from that era?
  1. "Stereo" - 3:07
  2. "Shady Lane/J vs. S" - 3:50
  3. "Transport is Arranged" - 3:52
  4. "Date w/ IKEA" - 2:39
  5. "Old to Begin" - 3:22
  6. "Type Slowly" - 5:20
  7. "Embassy Row" - 3:51
  8. "Blue Hawaiian" - 3:33
  9. "We Are Underused" - 4:12
  10. "Passat Dream" - 3:51
  11. "Starlings of the Slipstream" - 3:08
  12. "Fin" - 5:24 (Listed as "Infinite Spark" on non-US pressings)
    13. Shady Lane (Krossfader) <-- pointless?
    14. Slowly Typed
    15. Cherry Area
    16. Wanna Mess You Arond
    17. No Tan Lines
    18. Westie Can Drum
    19. Winner of the
Disk 2? <-- I thought they would have saved PacificTrim for this.
-
12. BTC era Pavement bootleg
13..?

iminsane 03.10.2007 03:06 PM

brighten the corners has always been my favorite pavement album. dont know why. i love them all but something about this one just gets me

the ikara cult 03.10.2007 07:12 PM

Whenever i move into a new house i always play the first 5 songs of this album, it kinda signifies new beginnings for me in a silly way. After that i dont like the album at all bar Infinite Spark. Not sure how id take a reissue, but all of them have been so good thus far ill still buy it.

Prediction : Pitchfork media gives it a 7.3 or something and bemoans its lack of quality compared to other pavement albums. the fools.

Danny Himself 03.10.2007 07:17 PM

There should be.

It's probably my second favorite Pavement album- or third... I'm not sure where Wowee Zowee sits on the tables. 'Embassy Row' has some killer chorus action and the lyrics in 'Transport is Arranged' get me every time in their little cheesy way, 'a voice coach taught me to sing, he couldn't teach me to love..'.

'For Sale: The Preston School Of Industry' is an obvious choice for the deluxe edtion, as it's the best pavement song ever, and also they'll probably dig up some live shit, b-sides, alt. mixes and rehearsals for it. It can happen!

the ikara cult 03.10.2007 07:19 PM

Transport Is Arranged is probably my favourite Pavement song actually. I just think of all those stories about lorrys blockading the ports in Devon in the 90s.

ZEROpumpkins 03.10.2007 07:30 PM

The reason I'm asking is if i'm going to buy brighten the corners, I might as well buy the deluxe.

Danny Himself 03.10.2007 07:32 PM

You don't own it?

the ikara cult 03.10.2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
The reason I'm asking is if i'm going to buy brighten the corners, I might as well buy the deluxe.

Youd probably find the deluxe will be not much more expensive than the original release so its probably worth waiting.

hotbutterknives 03.10.2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

buy it now for gods sake!

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 03.10.2007 09:50 PM

Brighten the Corners is my favorite Pavement album.

hey alex 03.10.2007 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotbutterknives
buy it now for gods sake!

I'd wait.

I mean from what i've seen the DE are the same, if not cheaper than the normal editions. My rec store sells terror and brighten for about 15 each, and there's no way the DEs are going to be more than that.

anddddd, brighten's not something worth rushing for anyways. Just dl it til the DE.

fluxequalsrad 03.11.2007 01:12 AM

Brighten the Corners is sooo poppy. There is not a song on it that isn't super duper catchy, really cool listen.

Transport is Arranged is awesome I agree, I actually especially like the tongue in cheek lyrics.

Starlings in the Slipstream is awesome too,.. seems like it could have been a good opener.

Tickerwelly 03.11.2007 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Brighten the Corners is my favorite Pavement album.

ditto

ZEROpumpkins 03.12.2007 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hey alex
I'd wait.

I mean from what i've seen the DE are the same, if not cheaper than the normal editions. My rec store sells terror and brighten for about 15 each, and there's no way the DEs are going to be more than that.

anddddd, brighten's not something worth rushing for anyways. Just dl it til the DE.

I'll but the DE and not download it then. I don't like downloading full albums.

hey alex 03.12.2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

I'll but the DE and not download it then. I don't like downloading full albums.

yeah, i agree--- I have a few but only cuz i be poor mostly and they've been on my computer for ages anywho. the suggestion was food for thought and a warning so that you wouldn't be dissapointed/have tp shell out another 15$v in a year.

ZEROpumpkins 03.16.2008 04:49 AM

ATTN: Malkmus/Spiral/West/Ibold
You have one month from today to update us on this. I have waited far too long.