Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

EVOLghost 07.25.2014 01:06 PM

I went yesterday for a bit to check it out. The only thing was that the guy wired the buttons wrong(punches were kicks and vice versa). It wasn't unplayable, but I let him know and he fixed them. Anyways...I will be frequenting this place a lot and it seems like this will start bringing people out to play. I'm soo excited.

noisereductions 07.25.2014 02:01 PM

hot.

EVOLghost 07.25.2014 05:01 PM

Noiseredux I think you should take a trip to chicgo. You can visit galloping ghost. Like the best arcade ever....then drink at the barcades...

noisereductions 07.26.2014 12:51 PM

plus Chicago dogs!

Someday...

Toilet & Bowels 07.27.2014 04:01 PM

Too bad there's no way to play SFII Turbo online, I'd whip all your hides.

I've been playing FFV on a SNES emulator on my phone, it's a nice game to dip in and out of. Got a bit further into Dark Souls 2 this weekend, I just reached Drangleic Castle, my disappointment at it not being on a par with DS1 is fading and now I'm enjoying it for what it is. The more I play it the more it reminds me of Resident Evil 4.

Rob Instigator 07.29.2014 03:35 PM

SKYRIM. still SKYRIM.

EVOLghost 07.29.2014 04:23 PM

TnB ever heard of ggpo? I think(like 99.9%) super turbo is enabled for online play using an emulator on yer pc.

Lol or the HD remake.

Toilet & Bowels 07.30.2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
TnB ever heard of ggpo? I think(like 99.9%) super turbo is enabled for online play using an emulator on yer pc.

Lol or the HD remake.

Never heard of, will look into, thanks.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.30.2014 10:49 PM

If Noise goes to Chicago - I will follow.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.31.2014 11:13 PM

Just started a new file in FFVI Advance. With my new simplified outlook towards gaming, I hope I can actually beat the damn game this time around. The less distracted I am, the more time I can focus on just one game. I just have to keep stabbing away at it, I know. I'd like to finish this before school starts up again.

EVOLghost 02.06.2015 04:20 PM

I'm on dat Destiny now. PS4 lyfe.

but seriously...I'm still playing SF3....though I haven't touched the PS3 version in months....now that we have a Japanese board in Chicago...there is no other version of SF3 to play....arcade perfect or bust motherfucker.

GO FOR BROKE!

tripsk 04.15.2015 04:52 AM

I've been playing Earthbound for the first time (so late I know) for the past week. Really great game, already one of my all time favorites. I bought Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate a few weeks ago but still haven't even started it.

Peterpuff 04.16.2015 10:28 AM

Fifa 15. Any PS4 Fifa players around here? Down for games...

krastian 05.02.2015 11:03 AM

Mortal Kombat X

Ghostchase 05.09.2015 01:10 PM

Trying to beat the village chief at the barn taking no damage. I forget my old routine to do this.

Does anyone have the Metal Slug Anthology for Wii, and could you tell me if high scores are saved in Metal Slug 3? My Metal Slug 3 for my virtual console never saves high scores after the game is turned off. It's annoying, but thinking it's just a glitch via the Neo Geo emulation on the Wii and maybe it's fixed on the Anthology version.

vulva 09.22.2015 05:16 PM

For the first time in like 6 years, I'm completely off SF4. I managed to play on the main stage at EVO, played against some of the best players in the world but I'm finally bored of it.

Bring on SFV!

EVOLghost 09.23.2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulva
For the first time in like 6 years, I'm completely off SF4. I managed to play on the main stage at EVO, played against some of the best players in the world but I'm finally bored of it.

Bring on SFV!

I stopped playing it real quick...haha. I can't find myself getting into it. I'm a little disappointed I actually bought it for the PS4...I don't know what I was thinking...it's a little fun....but at a competitive level it's just bullshit....too many option selects. I miss the REAL reads in 3s. But whatever....SF5 looks really good. I didn't get the beta simply because I don't want to shell out a bunch of dough for a new ps4 stick that'll I'll use for like a week then not touch it for a whole year.

Anyways...I've been on a MGSV binge...There's so much to do. I can't sotp playing it. My girlfriend never complained about playing video games until I got this game. I played all day Sunday and all day yesterday. I seriously couldn't stop. I will not touch it until Sunday probably...I have to play it for like....at least 4 hours on every time I sit down...so today I'll be playing 3s. I organized a small tournament at the arcade for Friday. Hopefully everyone shows up.

vulva 09.23.2015 07:06 PM

SFV is fantastic right now. I'm sure some dumb bullshit will be found just like in every game (lets not kid ourselves about 3s, having neutral OSes that mix in parries were easily as dumb as anything in SF4) but the game feels much more honest.

That said, I got to play against Xiao Hai on the main stage at EVO and I didn't get completely blown up (even took a round off him) so there's something to be proud of. I also beat another dude on the mainstage at EVO so that's cool too. I accomplished a fair bit in SF4 but it's time to move on to the new hotness.

Jeremy 09.23.2015 10:14 PM

My twin brother and I got drunk and hooked up our SNES a week ago before our 25th birthday. We played and beat Super Double Dragon and Goof Troop in that sitting.

EVOLghost 09.24.2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulva
SFV is fantastic right now. I'm sure some dumb bullshit will be found just like in every game (lets not kid ourselves about 3s, having neutral OSes that mix in parries were easily as dumb as anything in SF4) but the game feels much more honest.

That said, I got to play against Xiao Hai on the main stage at EVO and I didn't get completely blown up (even took a round off him) so there's something to be proud of. I also beat another dude on the mainstage at EVO so that's cool too. I accomplished a fair bit in SF4 but it's time to move on to the new hotness.

Sf3's bullshit does not compare to sf4's(random unblockabales, safe dp's, invincible backdash), but whatever. Sf3 just has parry and it basically just tells you to mix up yer game. If yer opponent is parrying too much then your doing something wrong. Sf3 requires more patience and mind games.