Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What gigs are you going to in the coming months? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6735)

_slavo_ 01.18.2013 05:36 PM

Andy Stott next month.

I will be the opening act for the gig.

Torn Curtain 02.03.2013 05:45 PM

John Cale on the 14th.

Dr Chocolate 02.05.2013 11:07 AM

SHADOWY MEN ON A SHADOWY PLANET in hamilton ontario this saturday
(i'm hopng)

Moshe 02.05.2013 12:09 PM

Primavera Sound 2013!

Dr Chocolate 02.05.2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Chocolate
SHADOWY MEN ON A SHADOWY PLANET in hamilton ontario this saturday
(i'm hopng)

nothing like having connections near the shows to pick up tickets!
i'm so recording this show as well (as the last time i ran out of space on my minidisc)

what a drag that i got to work that saturday
because THE SHUFFLE DEMONS are playing in toronto at 3:30 in the afternoon
i'd love to go see them
what's fucked is that i've learned more about them in 1 hour then i have about SMOASP in over 20 years

stu666 02.20.2013 02:16 PM

Lau Nau
Thought Forms
My Bloody Valentine
Jandek

Phlegmscope 02.27.2013 12:36 PM

High on Fire in about two hours.

I can't really justify the spending, but because it is high on fire and it's about half a mile from my home I can't justify not going either.

batreleaser 02.27.2013 02:50 PM

my friends in prism house, psychic ills/magik markers, and governor's ball are the ones that are currently booked.

EVOLghost 02.28.2013 07:21 AM

Yoooo dat Keiji Haino in April.

Phlegmscope 02.28.2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
High on Fire in about two hours.

It was good, but they sort of screwed up the live sound. It got better towards the end but at times it was muddy as fuck but not bass heavy enough. Oh well. I'm glad I saw them finally.

matt pike and jeff matz were hanging out at the venue surprisingly long after the show and chatting with people.

EvdWee 03.09.2013 07:45 AM

thought forms tonight (finally)

guest 03.11.2013 12:11 AM

crazy horse with the drones in two nights, and then actress in a couple of weeks.

pad_023 03.11.2013 08:30 AM

MBV tomorrow and Oneida/Thought Forms on Friday

Johnny "Magic Fingers" 03.17.2013 08:11 AM

Just saw Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds a couple of weeks ago (twas very good) and now just waiting to see Iggy & The Stooges next week here in Melbourne, and then The Drones next month...

Hopefully this will make up somewhat for missing out on our local instalment of All Tomorrow's Parties. Missed out on Einstürzende Neubauten, The Swans, Thee Oh Sees, My Bloody Valentine and a bunch of other bands. Oh well....

guest 03.19.2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny "Magic Fingers"
Just saw Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds a couple of weeks ago (twas very good) and now just waiting to see Iggy & The Stooges next week here in Melbourne, and then The Drones next month...

Hopefully this will make up somewhat for missing out on our local instalment of All Tomorrow's Parties. Missed out on Einstürzende Neubauten, The Swans, Thee Oh Sees, My Bloody Valentine and a bunch of other bands. Oh well....

how fucking good were the bad seeds that night? absolutely on fire, although they still didn't top grinderman for me. the new stuff translated really well, which I found quite surprising.

saw the drones the other night with crazy horse, best live band in australia at the moment (save perhaps my disco). you're in for a fucking treat.

to be completely honest, I had seen every band on that bill and while I loved atp none of the bands' performances stood up to the prior occasion on which I had seen them (except for htrk, saw them 3 times that week and they absolutely shat on those other shows). mbv at the palace was maybe the best show I've ever been to, perfect in every aspect, although as an enormous fan I'm ridiculously biased.

atp release the bats melbourne, october: the jesus lizard (!), the breeders playing last splash, sleep, fuck buttons, lightning bolt, total control, the scientists + others and more tbc.

the only gripe I had with ibym was that the lineup was too homogenous, as it really is fucking exhausting to watch hours and hours of noise rock acts after another in what is essentially a tin shed at 40+ degrees. looks like they've gone for a similar approach here but it's in october so it should all be shweet.

EVOLghost 03.19.2013 08:40 PM

kkkk

So I got this going for me.

BOngripper Friday

Kim Gordon with White/Light on 26th? or something?
Chelsea Light Moving a few days later(Friday 29th)
Keiji Haino April 11(?)
and Boris May(2 days in a row)

Johnny "Magic Fingers" 03.21.2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest
saw the drones the other night with crazy horse, best live band in australia at the moment (save perhaps my disco). you're in for a fucking treat

atp release the bats melbourne, october: the jesus lizard (!), the breeders playing last splash, sleep, fuck buttons, lightning bolt, total control, the scientists + others and more tbc.

the only gripe I had with ibym was that the lineup was too homogenous, as it really is fucking exhausting to watch hours and hours of noise rock acts after another in what is essentially a tin shed at 40+ degrees. looks like they've gone for a similar approach here but it's in october so it should all be shweet.

I'm with you in regards to the Drones - seen 'em probably about a dozen times at a bunch of venues - but never at The Forum (where I've seen Sonic Youth a couple of times) so that should be sweet. Love my Drones...

And yes, I shall NOT be missing out on the next atp at Melbourne...

Dr Chocolate 04.09.2013 10:13 PM

just incase i haven't posted in awhile

Dearly Beloved (this friday)
Bison (um, i forget when but at least its thru the week)
Andrew WK (in the same tiny as fuck club i saw Melvins Lite at)
JSBX (in july on a saturday in a small ass club)
Bjork (the following tuesday)
and hopefully me and my best friend can take her oldest kid who's only 6
to see Me First & The Gimme Gimmes
tickets say all ages. if they want to give us a hassle, they can fuck off!
i will go sell my tickets right then and there and piss off the scalpers

SonikJesus 04.10.2013 04:59 AM

dinosaur jr

4-17

next week

it will be sick

best living band

EVOLghost 04.10.2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Keiji Haino April 11(?)

TA-MARRAH NIGHT!

My excitement is through the fucking roof.