Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SONICYOUTH.COM DISCOGRAPHY UPDATED -- Post your additions here... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=19034)

CHOUT 02.24.2008 03:40 AM

never ever saw a little trouble girl 10"...I don't believe that exists, but damn
if there's a Disappearer 10" who knows...I had no idea about that one.

For total geekness, Dan Evol, is there a possiblity you could take a photo of the Disappearer 10" next to some other records to show it's size?...that's gotta be mega rare...total geek request, if you can't that's cool.

I have none of the WM vinyl singles...missing link to my stash. Bought the cds and ignored the vinyl when they were easily available :(

I also need the Kool Thing 7" and the Sunday 7"...it bugs me to have so much and be missing certain things...

jetengine 02.24.2008 09:35 AM

I didn't know 'Nevermind' was released as a single in the first place. Actually, I'm starting to wonder if some of these rarities we've been mentioning are completely legit to begin with. I'm highly suspect of the Disappearer 10-inch and the Diamond Sea 12-inch. If you scour the internet, there's not one word of those ever being officially released--even as promos. There are some bootleggers who do a damn fine job of churning out vinyl versions of CD-only official releases. The Misfits' Cuts From the Crypt and EvilLive II immediately come to mind. Sometimes it's quite difficult to distinguish between legit and bootleg these days. For example, I would estimate that a good one-third of alternative rock fans out there consider an album like SY's Happiness Is A Warm Gun to be official.

stu666 02.24.2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOUT
I also need the Kool Thing 7" and the Sunday 7"...it bugs me to have so much and be missing certain things...

the Kool Thing 7" appears on ebay quite alot, one just sold for £1.50 actually and there is another one up now:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONIC-YOUTH-KOOL-THING-1990-7_W0QQitemZ270212850875QQihZ017QQcategoryZ45541QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i have also seen the Sunday 7" a couple of times on ebay too i don't think they are that hard to come across

sonicl 02.25.2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit

huh?

I had a pair of those. The elastic was really weak and went loose after about two washes. I replaced it, but they were never the same again.

rappard 02.25.2008 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
I had a pair of those. The elastic was really weak and went loose after about two washes. I replaced it, but they were never the same again.

And then you sold them on eBay?

radarmaker 02.25.2008 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Evol
Some collectors dont sell online. There out there you might have to go to a few hole in the wall record stores and dig through crates of vinyl. The two rarest 7 inches i still cant find are Sunday and Nevermind. Never seen them for sale anywhere.

I never thought Sunday was *that* hard to find, but I got mine on the day of release :)

Would love to see pics of the Diamond Sea 12" - that and the Disappearer 10" are both news to me. What's the catalog number/country of manufacture for them?

At least I finally managed to track down a copy of the Sugar Kane 12" last week - set me back a pretty reasonable £7 :)

andrei 02.27.2008 05:05 AM

I'd like to have that:D

radarmaker 02.27.2008 07:30 AM

Quote:

Rare 7inch of Nevermind what was it anyway. German only.

What's the catalog number? And was a retail release or a promo? ta!

jetengine 02.27.2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Was the left-over 'Side2Side2' the b-side of this...?

noisereductions 02.27.2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

1. Who actually has this??
2. Where the F did you find it?
3. When did you get it?
4. How much did it cost?
5. Can I have it?

I want this in the worst way. This and the "Lightning" 7" that came in the Black Box.

radarmaker 02.27.2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetengine
Was the left-over 'Side2Side2' the b-side of this...?

Nope - it's Renegade Princess according to the bible.
And add me to the list of people who'd kill (or possibly just mutilate) for a copy... :)

noisereductions 02.27.2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radarmaker
Nope - it's Renegade Princess according to the bible.
And add me to the list of people who'd kill (or possibly just mutilate) for a copy... :)

Again, I ponder why there aren't more bootleg re-pressings of rare SY vinyl. I'd be happy with that even. Psh.

Chris Lawrence 02.27.2008 09:26 PM

I'd (obviously) be very interested in anymore info on that supposed Nevermind 7"...

jetengine 02.27.2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Again, I ponder why there aren't more bootleg re-pressings of rare SY vinyl. I'd be happy with that even. Psh.

Like I talk about above, I have a sinister feeling some of these releases already are....

jetengine 02.28.2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

I want this in the worst way. This and the "Lightning" 7" that came in the Black Box.

Is there anybody out there who has a copy of 'Lightnin'' who is willing to rip and upload it...? All that I've seen available of it on the internet is one low-grade copy of the b-side on one of the SY Mix-tapes. C'mon! Do us all a favour and upload it!

andrei 02.29.2008 04:11 AM

I second that, since it's almost impossible to obtain it

Chris Lawrence 03.01.2008 03:32 AM

not my transfer, but here you go:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c7spge - side 1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/iejfdz - side 2

nicfit 03.01.2008 03:37 AM

BIG thanks to you and the original "transferrer" (?)!

stu666 03.01.2008 03:37 AM

thank yer very much Chris :cool:

andrei 03.01.2008 05:01 AM

Thank you!