Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40798)

Derek 08.05.2010 05:29 PM

I've found a picture of a typical Adult Swim viewer!

"Duuuuuuude I'm so blazed mannnn. Oh god, I got the munchiessss"

GeneticKiss 08.05.2010 05:34 PM

There are three things I watch on TV anymore: movies (DVDs/HBO/On Demand), football, and The Venture Brothers.

Nothing else really interests me, although every once in a while True Blood looks OK (redneck vampires? Hey, why not! Certainly beats the Twilight perception of vampires in the modern media...)

atsonicpark 08.05.2010 05:40 PM

I don't like Adult Swim at all, though they've shown some of my favorite shows of all time (Milk Chan, Shin Chan, Evangelion, Mighty Boosh, Xavier, Delocated, Paranoia Agent). Mostly a bunch of garbage though... but that's tv in general...

EVOLghost 08.05.2010 06:17 PM

^ you forgot 12oz Mouse.

EVOLghost 08.05.2010 06:22 PM

and as far as AS goes....I love it. Not all the shows...but I mean. AquaTeenHungerForce, Metalocalypse, 12oz Mouse, uhh....SUPERJAIL!, and uhh...Brak Show is cool too. but yeah. These guys have some awesome original shows...but also a lot of shit....and yeah...like Adam said..that's TV.

I actually never really watched TV. I don't get hooked on TV shows. All I ever watched was Comedy Central and Cartoon Network...but now we don't even have cable anymore so yeh....I watch about maybe? 45 minutes of TV a week...

Though....I was just watching the 1966 Batman with my nephew...

Count Mecha 08.05.2010 07:35 PM

Home Movies was the only thing I needed to take away from Adult Swim, and the only thing I did. Though Superjail has been interesting sometimes.

Fuck Adult Swim and 90% of the shows on there. I'd much rather they play Looney Tunes or Woody Woodpecker or whatever else isn't playing on Boomerang at the moment.

atsonicpark 08.06.2010 03:51 AM

Ah yes, 12 Oz. Mouse is probably my favorite show ever..

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.06.2010 03:54 AM

Home Movies, Tom Goes To The Mayor, and Sealab 2021 were the best, although S2021 went downhill once the actor who voiced Captain Murphy died.

sonic sphere 08.06.2010 10:11 AM

EVOLghost 08.06.2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Home Movies, Tom Goes To The Mayor, and Sealab 2021 were the best, although S2021 went downhill once the actor who voiced Captain Murphy died.

OMG how can I forget Sealab! yeah I only watched like 1 episode post-capt murphy.

!@#$%! 08.06.2010 10:51 AM

after the world cup i disconnected my antenna and i don't watch "tv" proper.

i do watch some stuff on netflix online (futurama), hulu (rescue me, attack of the show, the occasional charlie rose)

looking forward to the return of sons of anarchy though the way that last season ended was a big over the top, when i think of it.

viewtiful alan redux 08.06.2010 12:10 PM

An episode of Last call with carson daly with david lynch as a guest that I had recorded.

akprodr 08.06.2010 03:00 PM

I am one of the millions for which the Daily Show is their primary news source. And Colbert too. He lives in my town--never seen him.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.06.2010 03:13 PM

Not much lately, but when I do get a chance...

X-Files Season 3
Tales From The Crypt Season 2
Califonication Season 1
Breaking Bad Season 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewtiful alan redux
An episode of Last call with carson daly with david lynch as a guest that I had recorded.

NIIICE!

krastian 08.16.2010 02:09 PM

Freaks and Geeks Complete Series
Homicide
Mr. Show

I'll watch the new episode of Weeds tonight, well I'll DVR it, but the show isn't as good ever since Nancy got involved with Esteban......fuck him.

ann ashtray 08.19.2010 12:37 AM

Currently watching this program on the Discovery Channel about Army Ranger School. Intense stuff...I think anyone that can put themselves through the tasks these guys must go through in order to earn the Ranger badge is fully worthy of respect.

atsonicpark 08.19.2010 01:22 AM

delocated this sunday. get ready!

loubarret 08.19.2010 05:07 AM

Mostly some loose BBC things as shooting stars, IQ and That Mitchel and Web look

chicka 08.19.2010 01:17 PM

My best buddy in the world was a Navy Seal during Nam. Nasty ass shit. They went on one kill mission where in full gear they were drop out of copters 2 miles from the shore of N. Vietnam and had to swim in then infiltrate through the jungle and get out on their own no recon, no help. Amazing he's still alive. Can't say the same about his whole platoon.

As for TV, I'm with the Doctor on Breaking Bad and the rest of the gang that likes Mad Men. I've watch Son of Anarchy but it doesn't it do it for me.
Rest of the time it's either sports or movies.

Rob Instigator 08.19.2010 01:30 PM

My lady wants me to start watching LOUIE but I just don;t wanna