Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Best new/most anticipated albums of 2021 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=123576)

The Soup Nazi 12.30.2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a full episode of that show in my life. They had supercops? That is dumb


No... What? No! Are you fucking with me? I'll take your post at face value: No, dude, what I meant is the Special Victims Unit team is portrayed as always top-quality, ultraprofessional, virtually incorruptible. Anyway, the current season is number 22: it is "the longest-running primetime U.S. live-action series in the history of television". Shit, you're the one who mentioned B.D. Wong, even if it was in jest! You're not familiar with the one and only Olivia Benson? guest is gonna kill you.

 

Severian 12.31.2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
No... What? No! Are you fucking with me? I'll take your post at face value: No, dude, what I meant is the Special Victims Unit team is portrayed as always top-quality, ultraprofessional, virtually incorruptible. Anyway, the current season is number 22: it is "the longest-running primetime U.S. live-action series in the history of television". Shit, you're the one who mentioned B.D. Wong, even if it was in jest! You're not familiar with the one and only Olivia Benson? guest is gonna kill you.

 


I’ve seen the show and everyone knows Olivia Benson. I like her, she’s great.
I’ve just never LOVED the show enough to watch a full episode (not that I can remember anyway). I don’t hate it, it’s just not really my thing. Procedurals bore me.
I like Benson and Christopher Meloni, though.

*shrug*

Anyway, settle down chief

The Soup Nazi 12.31.2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
I like Benson and Christopher Meloni, though.


You just like Meloni because he killed Faora-Ul. "A good death is its own reward..." :)

Severian 12.31.2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
You just like Meloni because he killed Faora-Ul. "A good death is its own reward..." :)


I think they were into each other, but nah I liked him before that, always have

_tunic_ 01.07.2021 06:37 PM

Nick Cave has used the lockdown to record a new album named Carnage with Warren Ellis.

Severian 01.08.2021 09:19 AM

Hey there’s already a new Sunburned Hand of the Man album! Fucking nice!

Absolute Flake In the Forest out now.

 

Skuj 01.09.2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
Nick Cave has used the lockdown to record a new album named Carnage with Warren Ellis.


Great news. Because Ghosteen ruled.

g. 01.09.2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
Great news. Because Ghosteen ruled.


Agreed on both counts. Ghosteen is a masterpiece.

_tunic_ 01.09.2021 04:46 PM

Ghosteen never really did it for me, but perhaps I didn't give it a fair chance. Anyways, looking forward to what they're up to on this album

Skuj 01.09.2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
Ghosteen never really did it for me, but perhaps I didn't give it a fair chance. Anyways, looking forward to what they're up to on this album


It took a lot of time for me to grasp Ghosteen.

Skuj 01.10.2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club.


Artwork and tracklist revealed:

https://uproxx.com/pop/lana-del-rey-...lub-tracklist/

But no date yet. Fuck.

(PS: For some strange reason, many/most fans are pissed off about the album cover. IDK WTF the problem is.)

The Soup Nazi 01.10.2021 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
Artwork and tracklist revealed:

https://uproxx.com/pop/lana-del-rey-...lub-tracklist/

But no date yet. Fuck.

(PS: For some strange reason, many/most fans are pissed off about the album cover. IDK WTF the problem is.)


The problem is it's a Lana del fucking Rey album WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE. :mad::D

Skuj 01.10.2021 09:43 PM

Norman Fucking Rockwell. Ok?

Skuj 01.11.2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
The problem is it's a Lana del fucking Rey album WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE. :mad::D


Chemtrails Over The Country Club will be out March 19th.

So, anyway, SNY people...…and Soup Nazi specifically......

Lana Del Rey.

Seriously? She is Not Cool here? Norman Fucking Rockwell was my favourite album of 2019.

Soup Nazi, did you ever listen to NFR?

Discuss.

Skuj 01.11.2021 04:44 PM

(I still think that NFR has the greatest opening line in all of recorded music history.)

g. 01.11.2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
Chemtrails Over The Country Club will be out March 19th.

So, anyway, SNY people...…and Soup Nazi specifically......

Lana Del Rey.

Seriously? She is Not Cool here? Norman Fucking Rockwell was my favourite album of 2019.

Soup Nazi, did you ever listen to NFR?

Discuss.


I have liked Lana Del Ray since Video Games.

A lot of time and respect for her work.

Listened to the new single, the title track off the next album and it is beautiful. Very excited for the new album.

Moshe 01.12.2021 07:46 AM

Sunburned Hand of the Man - Pick A Day To Die

https://threelobed.bandcamp.com/albu...a2yq1OFihOB08k

Severian 01.12.2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moshe
Sunburned Hand of the Man - Pick A Day To Die

https://threelobed.bandcamp.com/albu...a2yq1OFihOB08k


Damn, more SHOTM, nice

The Soup Nazi 01.13.2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
Chemtrails Over The Country Club will be out March 19th.

So, anyway, SNY people...…and Soup Nazi specifically......

Lana Del Rey.

Seriously? She is Not Cool here? Norman Fucking Rockwell was my favourite album of 2019.

Soup Nazi, did you ever listen to NFR?

Discuss.


I say it's shameful that her new album will be out on my birthday. The nerve on that woman.

(On the other hand, at this rate I'm not gonna make it to March 19th. I'd rather blow my head off. But do you know how difficult it is to get a gun here? First, they're expensive as all fuck. Then, the very process of buying one involves registering it, which you can't do unless you get a certificate from a psychiatrist, which I won't get unless I can find a dumb enough one who won't see that I'm doing it to kill myself. Goddammit, why can't we be like them Texas sickos who get military-grade shit at gun shows, no questions asked?)

Severian 01.14.2021 09:23 AM

Norman Fucking Rockwell had some fine songs, and “Venice Bitch” is great, but in general I’m pretty meh on Lana Del Rey


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content ©2006 Sonic Youth