Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SY Gossip Fan Tribute Album (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11867)

k-krack 04.11.2007 08:08 PM

Shucks, thanks bro.

sarramkrop 04.12.2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Alright, cool. I've put you on the list.

COULD PEOPLE WHO ARE LISTED AS 'FINISHED' WHO HAVE NOT EMAILED ME THEIR SONGS YET PLEASE DO SO!?

I don't understand what you mean by that.

whorefrost 04.12.2007 01:36 AM

I made a mistake. It wasn't Heather Angel I wanted to do. It was Contre Le Sexisme! Might record it today, or next week at the latest.

_slavo_ 04.12.2007 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bal
as i dont play any instruments apart from the sampler - i say i can do a remix of one of their tunes.
ill have to find out wich one ill take.

what kind of sampler do you have, fiju? :)

I have Yamaha RS 7000 - quite a baby that one.

nicfit 04.12.2007 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I don't understand what you mean by that.

If you are on the list of participants and have a finished song ready (danny edits the first post of the thread with every update) you should simply up it and send the link to danny via pm. He's gathering the finished tracks, I suppose....so, you lazy italian ass, up your "the diamond sea" and send him the link!!! :mad: :o

sarramkrop 04.12.2007 05:03 AM

But i did already!

nicfit 04.12.2007 05:19 AM

AH! ok! so you had nothing to do with danny's "request". Sorry for that (friendly) lazy ass! he he.

eatmychild 04.16.2007 04:29 PM

I've done an instrumental Ghost Bitch. Hopefully I'll record vocals for it and then upload to D. Hiddy.

_slavo_ 04.23.2007 03:31 AM

How is the progress of the album going? I prepared a version of Secret Girl yesterday and passed it to my friend who's gonna provide the vocals. I'll PM the whole song to you Danny when it's done.

nicfit 04.23.2007 04:05 AM

Danny updates the list in the first post with news on "finished" tracks, judging by the list (assuming it's up to date) there's still a long way to go, but things are shaping up. Shaping up? Makes sense?

mAraujo 04.23.2007 08:21 AM

I could try Wish Fulfillment with just one guitar and vocals if I can talk a friend of mine into providing the vocals and if we can get the recorder to work.

Danny Himself 04.23.2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Danny updates the list in the first post with news on "finished" tracks, judging by the list (assuming it's up to date) there's still a long way to go, but things are shaping up. Shaping up? Makes sense?

That's right. Though, a few tracks listed as 'finished' haven't been sent to me yet. Their recording is finished though... if that makes sense..

k-krack 04.25.2007 10:40 PM

Bump! What's hap'nin'?

Everyneurotic 04.26.2007 12:50 AM

i need to send mine.

Danny Himself 04.26.2007 11:33 AM

If the thread is left idle for a while it means nothing is happening. This is a slow project but it will probably come together in the end..

_slavo_ 04.26.2007 11:49 AM

I am listening to my version of Secret Girl. I think it's pretty good, but I'm still waiting for the vocals

hey alex 04.26.2007 12:13 PM

If i ever get around to rejammin with my band- should be soon- i might give mary christ a stab-- or some similarliy punky bust up.

If not I thought about doing a 4-track junk-dub version of halloween (which i unadventurously covered for the last cover project- this one will be better).

Danny Himself 04.26.2007 12:47 PM

Ah, good.

I am still waiting on Jade to put her vocal touches on our cover of 'I Love Her All The Time'. I'll bug her about it next time we talk I suppose.

hey alex 04.26.2007 12:49 PM

is there a deadline for this hubbub?

Danny Himself 04.26.2007 12:51 PM

Nope, not really... I just urge all you folks to get your contributions in as soon as you possibly can!

king_buzzo 04.26.2007 12:56 PM

I can't be bothered to do anytthing. My crap mic is fucked and I hate my amp.

hey alex 04.26.2007 01:00 PM

hmmm- luckily i have no work today and it's raining-- unfortuantely i haven't played much music in like 2 weeks--- i burnt myself out trying to record a whole album in a month. Got close, i at least have a myspace ep that needs mixing and good ideas to work on later...

but I can give halloween a shot once i pick up that bazz,

Style 04.26.2007 03:46 PM

i'll try and get something together, i've been playing around with an idea for a new music project, and i figure i might as well make my first song a sonic youth one.

i only read the first post, and it said bull in the heather wasn't taken? if so, that's the one i'm gonna work on. :)

Danny Himself 04.26.2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
I can't be bothered to do anytthing. My crap mic is fucked and I hate my amp.

Okay then. This thread is for winners only- and only losers give up.

Thanks to everybody else for their enthusiasm. I am looking forward to your contributions.

Sonik Granch 04.27.2007 06:24 PM

this is awsome! i want to contribute too, i`ve been working on amy version of "purr" from dirty, if its prossible i want to be part of this too.

Style 04.27.2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonik Granch
this is awsome! i want to contribute too, i`ve been working on amy version of "purr" from dirty, if its prossible i want to be part of this too.

yeah, i think all you gotta do is turn it in.

i started on mine today. so it'll be done soon enough.

sonicl 04.30.2007 08:29 AM

Still no xylophone players? :(

nicfit 04.30.2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonik Granch

YOu just need to upload the file on some site (badongo, sendspace etc. ) and send the download link to Danny Himself via personal message.
Welcome to the board!

Danny Himself 04.30.2007 10:05 AM

Yeah, it's as easy as that.

SYRFox sent me his/her finished version of Brother James today, so thats done. Thanks, SYRFox. You all should learn a lesson from this!

nicfit 04.30.2007 10:11 AM

Danny, the month is about to end, send me my salary for being your secretary to my usual payal account.
Thanks.

nic

:):):)

auto-aim 04.30.2007 05:45 PM

Hey, can i get in on this thing? it sounds good - think you could give me a slot to cover Sunday? I'd like to give it a go, i think if i can.. though its quite possible i'll just shit on it.... but ive never tried to cover a song with those kind of parimeters before and think it'd be cool to give it a go.

Danny Himself 04.30.2007 05:51 PM

Sure, go for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Danny, the month is about to end, send me my salary for being your secretary to my usual payal account.
Thanks.

nic

:):):)

I thought you were my friend!

Neongod 04.30.2007 06:04 PM

I'd be interested in doing a cover if I could get someone to sing on it. I've got some ideas that I think would work nicely. If I can get a partner, I'll do all of the instrumentation. PCH, Rain on Tin, or Expressway can be done with a newer twist off the top of my head.
If someone is up for it I'll commit to something.

king_buzzo 05.02.2007 05:53 AM

Danny, count me in for Mildred Pierce. And make someone add drums and bass, now.

atsonicpark 05.02.2007 05:56 AM

scissor shock did a cover of skip tracer. it's not on this computer right now but yeah you could use it.

nicfit 05.02.2007 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I thought you were my friend!

Please, let's just keep feelings and businness separated, uh?:o ;) :D (bumpo)

king_buzzo 05.02.2007 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
Danny, count me in for Mildred Pierce. And make someone add drums and bass, now.

Nonono, bump to my reply. Answer me, someone agree to add drums or die.

Trasher02 05.02.2007 06:49 AM

I'd like to help out with mote though the song is quite hard to cover because of all the improvisation parts.

king_buzzo 05.02.2007 02:39 PM

Bump.

k-krack 05.02.2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
I'd like to help out with mote though the song is quite hard to cover because of all the improvisation parts.

Dun't that make it a bit... easier? Or d'you mean by recording it the really annoying way?