Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Force Awakens (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=112875)

Toilet & Bowels 12.20.2015 03:06 PM

The Force Awakens

So who's seen it?

***SPOILER ALERT***

dead_battery 12.20.2015 03:13 PM

its mediocre, i laughed when luke skywalker died though

dead_battery 12.20.2015 03:13 PM

all evil people have english accents and all good people are in the american military as usual from hollywood

evollove 12.20.2015 04:38 PM

I bet there'll be a sequel.

dead_battery 12.20.2015 05:43 PM

totally predictable when han died. when luke died was at least somewhat unexpected

evollove 12.20.2015 06:26 PM

What are you talking about? Luke had just been sodomized by a sith lord. Death was sweet relief.

dead_battery 12.20.2015 07:32 PM

ewok genocide was satisfying

tw2113 12.20.2015 11:13 PM

No Spaceballs character cameos, I felt let down

EVOLghost 12.21.2015 09:50 AM

Yo foprreal han dies? Damn....that's rough.

Bytor Peltor 12.21.2015 12:24 PM

Wasn't sure if I was all that interested in seeing it......but I've seen / read too many things mentioned by people I trust, who usually never mention movies and now I'm anxious. However, my cousin and her family want to see it with us so we are waiting until they come in to celebrate Christmas on New Year's Weekend.

Antagon 12.21.2015 12:52 PM

I've seen it. It was good. Not Empire Strikes Back good, but good nonetheless. The new protagonists are very likeable. One of the film's strengths is its visual narrative. A lot of emotion comes down to facial expressions, chemistry between characters and certain techniques that were used to drive the narrative forward as opposed to stilted expository dialogue. I did have a few problems with the script though. Not everything was as subtle as it could have been. There were a few other problems I'm not gonna go into any further right now, because spoilers, obviously. Overall I really liked it though. The movie got the most essential thing about Star Wars right: You need to be able to care about the characters, they have to be endearing/relatable. And on that it delivered.

greenlight 12.21.2015 02:37 PM

seen it yesterday. enjoyed it. story, characters, special effects. plenty of funny scenes as well. great movie for xmas.

+

the whole subliminal programming, ehrmm.

is anyone looking forward to see dawn of justice by the way?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 12.21.2015 03:09 PM

evollove 12.21.2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
is anyone looking forward to see dawn of justice by the way?

Bat and Sup fight. Then aliens or whatever the fuck try to take over the world. Bat and Sup reluctantly team up. They win. Last line of film: "This isn't over."

You're welcome.

greenlight 12.22.2015 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
Bat and Sup fight. Then aliens or whatever the fuck try to take over the world. Bat and Sup reluctantly team up. They win. Last line of film: "This isn't over."

You're welcome.

thanks. hmm, sounds very familiar ;-). anyway, but what about all the gadgets, technology and agenda (well nothing new there lately) hollywood loves promoting. yeah, batman plus superman...how stoopid is that.

The Real McCoy 12.24.2015 02:51 PM

It's brilliant. It's like the travesty that was episodes 1-3 was just a nightmare caused by too much Wild Turkey and a one night stand with a buxom cowhand.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 12.24.2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper_green
meh..it was good..meh. yeah I took my daughter's 10 year old sister(that's half sister to you buddy) to see it but, yeah...I missed like maybe 15 minutes because I was hanging out in the bathroom with the squirts. fucking buttered popcorn and the sweats just wouldn't let up. the force awakened my bowel movements.

No that is called to much cheap booze the night before ;)

LifeDistortion 12.30.2015 05:40 PM

So I'm probably going to see this this weekend, I haven't seen it yet, I've been doing some online research about quality of the movie. The theatre I'm going to see it at will be the IMAX format, but it will be in 3-D not 2-D, but they also say its with the advanced laser IMAX. If this laser technology is the next step up, why does it even need the 3-D? I know for many the 3D is more an excuse to hike up the ticket price. Who has seen it it in IMAX 2D and who has seen it in 3D and without giving out anything about the movie itself please, can you just give me your thoughts on the quality of the IMAX image whichever version you saw it in.

The Real McCoy 01.19.2016 03:45 AM

What does a bookish indie skinny bitch look like?