Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   RnR Hall Of Fame Announcements (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=36217)

Rob Instigator 12.15.2009 11:59 AM

RnR Hall Of Fame Announcements

Well, here are the latest inductees into the rock n roll hall of fame.

The Stooges, ABBA, Jimmy Cliff, Genesis, and the Hollies make up the 2010 class of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Billboard reports. Nominees that didn't make the cut include Kiss, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Donna Summer, and Darlene Love.

Record mogul David Geffen and songwriters Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil, Ellie Greenwich, Jeff Barry, Jesse Stone, Mort Shuman and Otis Blackwell were also inducted in non-performing categories.
Talking to Rolling Stone, Iggy Pop of the Stooges said, "We've been rejected seven times, and we would have set a record, I think, if it happened again. It started to feel like Charlie Brown and the football. I had about two hours of a strong emotional reaction after hearing the news. It felt like vindication. Then I kind of scratched my head and thought, 'Am I still cool? Or is that over now?'"
The induction ceremony takes place March 15 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City, and will be broadcast live on Fuse.
Posted by Amy Phillips on December 15, 2009 at 10:05 a.m.

fucking A. apart from the Stooges this is the suck suckiest induction class yet. ABBA? Jimy Cliff (never liked his voice much and his love reggae is fucking boring)? Genesis? GENESIS? fuck. what an UN-ROCKING ceremony this will be.

wellcharge 12.15.2009 12:07 PM

cliff>stooges

Rob Instigator 12.15.2009 12:26 PM

youmustbecrazy son!

wellcharge 12.15.2009 12:40 PM

as hard as the stooges come, nothing in their catalog is like one 40th as dope as the harder they come

westernquinoxrox 12.15.2009 12:43 PM

allthosebansvd, suck

WHEREZ MEWZBOW?
HE RAWKS

jennthebenn 12.15.2009 01:08 PM

The Hollies were the definition of mediocre. Yet they make it in and Donna
Summer doesn't.

jennthebenn 12.15.2009 01:09 PM

Also: Iggy with the fucking Peanuts reference.

Rob Instigator 12.15.2009 01:15 PM

The Harder They Come was a decent movie, and a decent soundtrack. but does one record make a HALL OF FAME worthy career?

shit No.

They are in talks to see if Peter gabriel will reunite with the Genesis old farts and play at the hall of fame induction.

wellcharge 12.15.2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
The Harder They Come was a decent movie, and a decent soundtrack. but does one record make a HALL OF FAME worthy career?

shit No.

yeah well didn't the stooges make only 2 albums before breaking up for decades?

Satan 12.15.2009 01:58 PM

fuck the rock and roll hall of fame

Glice 12.15.2009 01:58 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Fame_inductees

There's a lot of shit in there already. A majority thereof, in fact.

Glice 12.15.2009 02:00 PM

Can I just point out that Kiss and RHCP are the two shittest bands extant? Thanks.

jon boy 12.15.2009 02:00 PM

the one in new york is closing isnt it?

atsonicpark 12.15.2009 02:30 PM

KISS are terrible, but RHCP at least has one of the best guitarists ever (Frusciante) in its ranks.

Rob Instigator 12.15.2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellcharge
yeah well didn't the stooges make only 2 albums before breaking up for decades?

touche'

Glice 12.15.2009 02:38 PM

Boo, Park, Boo. RHCP are like spore-borne AIDS. No matter what you do, they will rape your ears with bad AIDS.

Rob Instigator 12.15.2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Can I just point out that Kiss and RHCP are the two shittest bands extant? Thanks.

extant maybe, but in thir prime, KISS were a force.

and I will put the first 5 RHCP LP's up against almost anyone's.

Rob Instigator 12.15.2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
the one in new york is closing isnt it?

yeah, they are closing down the "branch" museum.

it seems no one was visiting it.

SuperCreep 12.15.2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
KISS are terrible, but RHCP at least has one of the best guitarists ever (Frusciante) in its ranks.

not anymore, they don't!

now they're just complete shit.

well, they were complete shit anyway (even with frusciante), but now they've somehow managed to suck even harder.

Glice 12.15.2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
extant maybe, but in thir prime, KISS were a force.

and I will put the first 5 RHCP LP's up against almost anyone's.

I'm kind of surprised by this. I know you're into a lot of things that I can't abide, and I really hate to say this but... are you being ironic?