Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My dream about the SYG board (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24273)

terriblecanyons 08.11.2008 08:03 PM

My dream about the SYG board

K, so, I just had this dream a few minutes ago, and when I woke up from it I kinda freaked out. It starts like this:

I'm in an airport. I wonder what the fuck I'm doing there and I leave and suddenly my head is covered in soap. And the soap is like, getting soapier, cause it's raining and now I'm covered in suds walking around a crowded airport parking lot. I run into Melly and we exchange greetings after he gives me a square watermelon.

I get in my car, which isn't my car at all and looks as if it belongs to someone 60 years older than me. I drive next door to the bank to meet up with viewtiful_alan and I give him the watermelon and for some reason he speaks in some language like greek or whatever.

Sonic Youth 37 calls me on my giant 90s cellphone and we meet in a dodgy parking lot with one street light and talk about random stuff before we leave and decide to rob the bank I was at earlier. The end.

And yes, I actually dreamed this, which was kinda scary.

Sonic Youth 37 08.11.2008 08:06 PM

Sounds like me other than the dodgy parking lot and bank robbing. Dodgy parking lots frighten me and I don't handle firearms well.

terriblecanyons 08.11.2008 08:08 PM

Yeah, this parking lot had like, one streetlight and it was dark and rainy and kinda weird.

AND I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WTF IS UP WITH THE SOAP ON MY HEAD AHHHHHHH

acousticrock87 08.11.2008 08:16 PM

According to dream psychology, soap in the hair indicates a looming danger, and square fruit usually means discomfort with some aspect of your life. Handing it to someone else (who is probably just a random person chosen arbitrarily by your mind) means you're trying to figure out a way to unload the discomfort.

acousticrock87 08.11.2008 08:17 PM

And I totally made that shit up, but placebo analysis tends to work.

terriblecanyons 08.11.2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
And I totally made that shit up, but placebo analysis tends to work.

Haha, yeah, I kinda figured you did. Thanks though, Sigmund. :rolleyes:

pantophobia 08.11.2008 08:22 PM

one drunk guy just spilled his cocktail listening to neu

edit: so drunk i posted in the wrong thread, but i have dreamed about people i have met through here before, some more salacious then others

acousticrock87 08.11.2008 08:25 PM

Two stoned pilots just dropped their beers listening to techno.

EDIT: Aw, I thought it was a game.

!@#$%! 08.11.2008 08:53 PM

diagnosis:

you wanna show viewtiful_alan your (water)melons. juicy and sweet!

and what you wanna do to sy37 i rather not say outloud!

acousticrock87 08.11.2008 10:00 PM

Now that's Sigmund.

terriblecanyons 08.12.2008 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
diagnosis:

you wanna show viewtiful_alan your (water)melons. juicy and sweet!

and what you wanna do to sy37 i rather not say outloud!

Hahaha. I lol'd.

MellySingsDoom 08.12.2008 03:09 AM

I had a dream last weekend involving Cantanky - I was watching TV, and she was on there w/her successful rock band. The interviewer asked he about what she did prior to Rock, and she talked about her previous success as a Thai kickboxer in the States. The TV prog then showed footage of her fighting, and doing kickboxing whilst wearing 70's glam rock platform boots. I've no idea what Sigmund Fraud would make of that, but it were a nice if confusing dream.

ZEROpumpkins 08.12.2008 03:14 AM

I had a dream where I partied with Crypto and another one where me and king_buzzo were jamming.

Also _slavo_ had a dream where he came to Australia and we hung out.

_slavo_ 08.12.2008 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
Also _slavo_ had a dream where he came to Australia and we hung out.

"hung out" is a strong word, I guess. It was like I came around to your house and we sat on a couch and had nothing to say to each other, more like.

Derek 08.12.2008 03:41 AM

I've never had a dream about a messageboard!

Cantankerous 08.12.2008 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
I had a dream last weekend involving Cantanky - I was watching TV, and she was on there w/her successful rock band. The interviewer asked he about what she did prior to Rock, and she talked about her previous success as a Thai kickboxer in the States. The TV prog then showed footage of her fighting, and doing kickboxing whilst wearing 70's glam rock platform boots. I've no idea what Sigmund Fraud would make of that, but it were a nice if confusing dream.

i had a cackle at that

was my speaking voice all hoarse and deep? cuz it is. hayden knows, i talked with him on skype a long time ago.

al shabbray 08.12.2008 03:57 AM

its is more like "having a dream about the memebers of a message board how you would imagine them" instead of "a dream about a message board" technically....the second would be really strange and maybe boring I think

MellySingsDoom 08.12.2008 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i had a cackle at that

was my speaking voice all hoarse and deep? cuz it is. hayden knows, i talked with him on skype a long time ago.

Yeah, it was deep, that's for sure. You were smoking loads of ciggies too.

Cantankerous 08.12.2008 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Yeah, it was deep, that's for sure. You were smoking loads of ciggies too.

it is really deep. but it always has been, it's not from smoking.

SYRFox 08.12.2008 04:11 AM

terriblecanyons, I was actually on your dream too, but you didn't bother to check under your car :(