Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My renewed appreciation for my cock (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=45436)

hevusa 01.13.2011 06:04 PM

My renewed appreciation for my cock

hey look, there it is!

Genteel Death 01.13.2011 06:49 PM

What's this meant to mean?

!@#$%! 01.14.2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
What's this meant to mean?

he wants to be the next amerikangod. does he have it in him to pull it off, paragraph after paragraph of monomaniacal cockology? good luck tryin'

EVOLghost 01.14.2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
i cant stand saying the word "yes" anymore.
(problem due to my work).
i feel the bones of my skull ready to crack when i say it. at work.
im trying to find other words to use, its hard and vocabulary is limited.
it gets to me that if i could count, the analogy no/yes, would reach zero. if that was possible.

lolwut?

such an odd thread to put this post in.

atsonicpark 01.14.2011 06:39 AM

what happened to amerikangod? did he die?

knox 01.14.2011 06:59 AM

Quote:

it gets to me that if i could count, the analogy no/yes, would reach zero. if that was possible.

have you tried saying 'exactly' or 'sure'

EVOLghost 01.14.2011 07:44 AM

my renewed appreciation for Olivia Munn

knox 01.14.2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

'of course'.

its just that i have to give smth like 5 verifications in each phonecall, which lasts only few seconds and y-word is the fastest and most reassuring.
i say 'alright', or 'ok' -next hate 'word'- or repeat what i hear, or make a sound...
my father suggested another word instead of y, which however reveals obedience -NO WAY. doesnt really do for the work i need it and takes 5 times the time to say it.

the woman with the awful accent in here, says 'alright' in every 5 words she gets out of her mouth. its completely unnecessary in her case. unbelievable. i cant understand how she does this.

i get excited when i see a new johnnys bird story is on.
http://www.johnnysbird.com/JB60.html
(she did it!)

id just make a sound

knox 01.14.2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

i would burp, if i could.

its hard to do it that many times

EVOLghost 01.14.2011 10:47 AM

but seriously....she's georgous......like a Chinese Megan Fox

knox 01.14.2011 12:15 PM

Chinese?

isn't megan fox that person that did a lot of plastic surgery to look like angelina jolie and then didn't?

i'm the worst person in the world to have celebrity talk with.

knox 01.14.2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

'exactly'.

my fav part is when i pretend i didnt hear what they said -in their chatty, idiotic moments. or when i play it dumb, in order to make them understand and speak out in a correct way what they want.

well here's my secret.
I absolutely hate chatting/talking on the phone. So whenever people call me I am doing something else and not listening to it, by the end of it I just say:

"that's great. Can you send me an email with all the details so I can make sure I understood everything correctly and then we're ready to go"

sometimes we're not ready to go.

!@#$%! 01.14.2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
what happened to amerikangod? did he die?

rumor says he choked in his colostomy bag while trying to give himself head.

but who knows!

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
my renewed appreciation for Olivia Munn

i love her, main reason i watched AOTS but i haven't seen her much lately since the summer when she was gonna go to the daily show and then i don't know what happened.

EVOLghost 01.14.2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
rumor says he choked in his colostomy bag while trying to give himself head.

but who knows!

i love her, main reason i watched AOTS but i haven't seen her much lately since the summer when she was gonna go to the daily show and then i don't know what happened.

yeh...she's doin' other stuff now. but man I don't know but after reading an article about her on Kotaku I've been in love

PAULYBEE2656 01.15.2011 05:04 AM

who the fuck is olivia munn?

knox 01.15.2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

thats a good one.
due to my work, before i was talking about this, i grew to be bad in social phonecalls. i mean, i m from very good (wfewpeople) to very bad (not picking up).

i have them during worktime, which is deadtime anyway. there i cant talk freely again and the calls are being recorded. didnt stop me before though.
or best when i walk after work or smoke outside.
after 18:00, i mostly dont pick it up. dont have the time for this.

the worst were 2 draining cases, i had on daily basis..when i could talk freely at work. one is moved to emails..other stopped. thankfully!

nowadays the worst is from 2 new people. good people, but boring.
one, each time says: hey, where are you? HELLO? AT WORK.
now he has a boyfriend and stopped calling every day.:)
the other: hey, manfriend. he calls everybody like this, male of female. should be cool, but trust me, it sounds horrible.
whats new? ERM, N O T H I N G.

I never understood why people wanna talk on the phone unless they're living far away or there is something really important to say.

!@#$%! 01.15.2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

you could try

mm-hmm

or

uh-huh

or

mmm--

(or whatever equivalent there is in greek)

depending on your preference.

by modulating the intonation you can convey numerous meanings, from agreement to disbelief to mockery-- a whole palette of messages with a minimal primitive utterance. almost like your desired burp.

then there's the classic
[phone rings]
you: "hey, i'm in the middle of something, what's up?
they: "nothing"
you: "ok, i gotta go, let me know if something comes up".
they: "alright..."
you: "bye"

!@#$%! 01.15.2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
who the fuck is olivia munn?

she is an american tv person who is nice to look at and can be funny. she was genetically engineered to turn on geeks who watch tv shows about video games and new electronic shit.

now apparently (i googled) she's gonna be on a tv series.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/14/ol...nn-cookie-pic/

!@#$%! 01.15.2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

thats utterly sweet, but i have been referring to work phone calls. and they are the jerks of clients i have.

oh shit. those. fuck.

i tend to conduct business by email which i respond to only twice a day. otherwise i get caught up in this endless email dialogues that take forever and achieve nothing.

the phone is nice to solve quick problems, negotiate something, speed up things.

when a chatty client calls i say "oh hi, nice to hear from you. listen i have to leave for X place (meeting, appointment, whatever) in 5 minutes. how can i help you?" that gives them a deadline and give you an out while keeping things friendly.

hey, you might like this shit i'm going to post for you. we actually watched the whole show last night and it was hilarious, but here's the phone call bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrBtSz5RReM

i thought you might relate

knox 01.15.2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

^ to connect.
you have to build the relationship, in order to be able to say one day the important, serious things.
(not always)
apart from that, because they need company, have tons of free time and arent used to be on their own, or talking to themselves, drives them crazy. dunno, a gazillion of serious or silly reasons.

I always prefer meeting people. I mean, I don't know why someone who lives ten minutes away would wanna chat on the phone when we can just meet.

We have e-mails and texts, I don't understand why certain people don't realise that calling you is a bit more invasive: you might be busy. But I guess I feel this way because I have to be focused most of the time and the phone ringing is very disruptive.

The worst thing that they get mad that you don't pick up the phone - the way I see it I have no obligation of picking it up unless I feel like talking to someone. Other people get mad because you haven't been picking up - when they could just text or leave a voice message - even tho it's quite likely I am working or working on music.

Of course my aversion has something to do with the fact that the phone rings all day long.