Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   GG Allin Apreciation thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=42132)

jon boy 11.10.2010 02:33 AM

GG Allin Apreciation thread

Lets hear it for Jesus Christ Allin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnyMH...eature=related

Silent Dan Speaks 11.10.2010 02:46 AM

As reprehensible as this guy was, I have to admit, he may have been the most honest man to walk the earth.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.10.2010 02:48 AM

Oh, fuck yes! This man is an absolute LEGEND! One of my favorites, I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about him already.

I love the Jerry Springer interview, and Hated is a really cool documentary. I would've loved to see this guy live. Hell, I wouldn't even really mind getting hit with his shit! He's like Anal Cunt, but even more legit!

What really trips me out is this music video he made before he really had his niche down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuZ7R0uqGj0

Whattaposerlolrite?

BITE IT YOU SCUM!

batreleaser 11.10.2010 11:30 AM

I love quite a bit of his records to be honest.

atsonicpark 11.10.2010 12:05 PM

Scum of the earth, a completely rephrensible human being -- but hey, at least he was undeniably "punk", if that's important to anyone. I thought he was hilarious, just some bafoon eating shit and dancing around and growling and people sent him money and stuff, hahaha. A shiteating hero -- awesome. But, yeah, HATED is one of the absolute funniest things I've ever seen in my entire life -- please do whatever you can to watch this documentary. The footage of his last show ever is funny as HELL, "HEY GG! YO GG!!!!!!!!!! GG!!!!!!!!!!" all these people screaming at him. His fans regularly beat him up, and got beat up himself. Just completely ridiculous. Also, there was clearly something seriously wrong with him, he might have been "honest" but I think he was also quite clearly mentally retarded, and people were into exploiting that. Just one big insane freak show. I think his music is absolutely horrible though (and I quite like some Anal Cunt songs -- Seth Putnam's thing is an act, I think GG was the real deal). Makes Marilyn Manson, Vaginal Jesus, and all similiar acts look silly, I don't think he was acting at all with his stuff. I do find it funny when people portray him as some kind of a hero, though -- he beat up his fans, he allegedly (?) raped women, he talked about murder all the time -- he was good friends with John Wayne Gacy. Luckily, he never actually killed anyone, and he just predictably died a bloated, ugly heroin-filled corpse.

There is a guy on the documentary who used to be in the Murder Junkies who totally sums up my feelings.. the guy who punches himself in the face a bunch of times.. everything that guy says is right on the money.

GravitySlips 11.12.2010 05:32 AM

Is there anywhere online where that documentary is available to watch/download?

ni'k 11.12.2010 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Scum of the earth, a completely rephrensible human being -- but hey, at least he was undeniably "punk", if that's important to anyone. I thought he was hilarious, just some bafoon eating shit and dancing around and growling and people sent him money and stuff, hahaha. A shiteating hero -- awesome. But, yeah, HATED is one of the absolute funniest things I've ever seen in my entire life -- please do whatever you can to watch this documentary. The footage of his last show ever is funny as HELL, "HEY GG! YO GG!!!!!!!!!! GG!!!!!!!!!!" all these people screaming at him. His fans regularly beat him up, and got beat up himself. Just completely ridiculous. Also, there was clearly something seriously wrong with him, he might have been "honest" but I think he was also quite clearly mentally retarded, and people were into exploiting that. Just one big insane freak show. I think his music is absolutely horrible though (and I quite like some Anal Cunt songs -- Seth Putnam's thing is an act, I think GG was the real deal). Makes Marilyn Manson, Vaginal Jesus, and all similiar acts look silly, I don't think he was acting at all with his stuff. I do find it funny when people portray him as some kind of a hero, though -- he beat up his fans, he allegedly (?) raped women, he talked about murder all the time -- he was good friends with John Wayne Gacy. Luckily, he never actually killed anyone, and he just predictably died a bloated, ugly heroin-filled corpse.

There is a guy on the documentary who used to be in the Murder Junkies who totally sums up my feelings.. the guy who punches himself in the face a bunch of times.. everything that guy says is right on the money.

yep.

my old friends thought gg was the not only the "coolest motherfucker in existence" but a few actively intended to base the rest of their lives on him.

the words "predictably died a bloated, ugly heroin-filled corpse" would do well to find there way into their heads.

Toilet & Bowels 11.12.2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravitySlips
Is there anywhere online where that documentary is available to watch/download?

google video

tesla69 11.12.2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
my old friends thought gg was the not only the "coolest motherfucker in existence" but a few actively intended to base the rest of their lives on him..

but you of course were too much of a pussy to stab a needle of heroin into your eye

finding nobody 11.12.2010 01:03 PM

Went to a Muder Junkies show about a year ago.... AND they didn't fucking show!! Still love GG though

jon boy 11.12.2010 08:36 PM

a good friend of mine is a gg obsessive, went to his last show, drove merle (his brother) around and has shit loads of his very rare records. he's even been to his grave. he has gotten me into him in a big way and i cant go through a day without listening to expose yourself to kids, it makes work bearable.

Clyde Cat 11.12.2010 09:30 PM

He lived and died a moron, but I can't help but have some degree of respect for the guy. He was the one man who most represented "punk" and he lived a life without hypocrisy or double standards.

As for his music, it's decent.

ni'k 11.12.2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
but you of course were too much of a pussy to stab a needle of heroin into your eye

yep.

ann ashtray 11.12.2010 11:11 PM

HATED is definitely worth watching. As a biography covering the life of GG, it falls a wee bit short. However, it does serve as a very clear window looking into the lifestyle lived by Mr. Allin shortly before he kicked the can. Must admit, my favorite part was Dee Dee's brief appearance discussing his brief experience as a member of the band.

I've talked a bit about GG here in the past, and my opinion(s) on him are still more or less the same. I seldom listen to him these days, but there was a time during my later teens to where I spent countless hours listening to his music. It sounded dangerous for danger's sake, violent for violence's sake, gross of gross' sake. I could appreciate that, as there was, on the surface, little for me to consider about the actual music. Just in your face/fucked up/primitive rock n roll. I remember diggin' the fact that it was so, seemingly, anti-intellectual. A nice little breather spent away from all the Sonic Youth I'd spent devouring over some of years prior.

After spending some time researching GG, though, I began to figure him out, or at least, form opinions on him that went beyond his music. His earlier tunes recorded with The Jabbers, while still a bit gross, didn't sound nearly as anger-driven as virtually all of his later material. I think he grew bitter once his girly ran off on him, taking his daughter. Seems, to me, he more or less said "fuck everything" and quite literally became all the excesses of rock n roll. A total drunken, junked out, animalistic whore-hound.

Still one of my favorite iconic figures to come about within the scheme of punk rock.

Was fortunate enough to meet all the remaining Murder Junkies last year.They were playing a show in town (one I unfortunately did not get to attend), but was fortunate enough to know the guy (a good friend of mine, Mondo, who may be doing some vocals on their next record) who promoted and booked the show. At the time he was living in the same apartment building as me, and the Junkies camped out in his place...so I got to hang out with them for a bit. Fun stuff.

Moi w/ the Junkies

Dr. Eugene Felikson 01.09.2011 09:38 PM

I've been listening to a lot of his older material with The Jabbers lately. It's much more traditional, and less vulgar than the stuff that came along later in his catalog, but extremely catchy nonetheless. Some tracks are incredibly un-G.G., like Cheri Love Affair off of Banned in Boston, which sounds like it was made by a band that shit-chucking, forehead smashing G.G. Allin would beat the snot out of. Either way, Don't Talk to Me, Bored to Death, and many others are easily just as top-notch, and accessible as Johnny Thunders' and the Ramones' greatest hits.

Sweet pic sway. Damn.

alteredcourse 01.09.2011 10:38 PM

What a transformation, eh?
GG is lots of fun.
I've found myself howling Carmelita a number of times years apart with perfect strangers met randomly during solitary drunken walks. Awesome times.

I looooooove his appearance on Jerry Springer so much. (I almost typed Maury, heh)

Pelle 01.11.2011 08:52 AM

He was a cool guy..

I got to see Murder Junkies live once, it was really cool.
Dino the naked drummer shoved his drumstick up his ass after his drumsolo, haha.

the ikara cult 07.04.2011 08:13 PM

reprehensible etc... but your white liberal arse wishes you could be GG just for one day

jon boy 07.04.2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
reprehensible etc... but your white liberal arse wishes you could be GG just for one day

hey everyday is gg day for me man. i literally punch grannies in the face, drink heavily and poo on command and throw it at people.

the ikara cult 07.04.2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
hey everyday is gg day for me man. i literally punch grannies in the face, drink heavily and poo on command and throw it at people.

using the word "Poo" instead of "shit" suggests youre pumping yourself up a bit jon boy