Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   If Hendrix Had continued to Live Would He have still used Drugs? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=7005)

dazedcola 10.14.2006 09:51 PM

If Hendrix Had continued to Live Would He have still used Drugs?

Just a question i was thinking about.....

I mean were there any signs of Hendrix slowing down his drug intake towards the end, maybe not taking as much as say in 67 or 68 or maybe he just said later on he might start backing off ?

Im just kind of curious cause i look at a fellow musician from the 60s (clapton) that stopped his heavy drug use during the 70s. Would Hendrix have turned his back on his wild innovative noise experiments with music or would he have gone out even farther?

What do you all think?

TheMadcapLaughs 10.14.2006 09:57 PM

Well I don't know about the drugs part. But it seemed like he was heading in a funkier jazzier direction. He had plans to record an album with Miles Davis. Which would have been fucking amazing, probably. I bet that would have been experimental as fuck, and i mean FUCK! Since it would been in between the time Miles was doin Bitches Brew and On the Corner.It makes me frustrated and sad to think of the possibilties since they can never come to fruitation. The man was amazing, listen to some live bootlegs of the guy. He had complete fucking control over the guitar. Listening to that live version of machine gun is like a religious experience.

In summation, he would probably ended up some sort of disco album.

golden child 10.14.2006 09:58 PM

LifeDistortion 10.14.2006 10:02 PM

That's hard to say, could be he would have gone the Chuck Berry route and just play his old stuff forever and not to much else, or maybe he'd of pulled a Jerry Lee Lewis and do more collabrative stuff. Has anyone heard the new Jerry Lee Lewis, anyone got a review they'd like to share?

ni'k 10.15.2006 01:47 PM

yes. the answer is yes. yes.

HaydenAsche 10.15.2006 02:18 PM

Heh.

k-krack 10.15.2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
That's hard to say, could be he would have gone the Chuck Berry route and just play his old stuff forever and not to much else, or maybe he'd of pulled a Jerry Lee Lewis and do more collabrative stuff. Has anyone heard the new Jerry Lee Lewis, anyone got a review they'd like to share?

Or do what everyone from Rod Stewart to Johnny Cash did, and just sell album(s) of just covers because yr washed up and can't write a song anymore. (I know I'm gonna get lynched for that statement, but someone had to say it).

nature scene 10.15.2006 03:32 PM

I think that dying in a drug related manner would not indicate that one's drug intake was slowing down.

blue sunlover 10.15.2006 03:39 PM

how do you think does his music come from?the earth?

hey alex 10.15.2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nature scene
I think that dying in a drug related manner would not indicate that one's drug intake was slowing down.

nice