Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bad Moon Rising. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3936)

lovesonicevol 07.09.2006 02:09 AM

Bad Moon Rising.

This album has always been a peculiar one to me. Not in a bad way at all. I can only fully enjoy this album when I listen to it all the way through since the songs all practically flow into one another. What's your favorite song on here if you had to pick one (minus death valley 69 and the Halloween EP)? Mine would be Brave Men Run(In My Family).

AbsentDadaSezFuckOff 07.09.2006 03:16 AM

This album is the shizz. It's the first one I got. My favorite is Brave Men Run too.

lovesonicevol 07.09.2006 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
This album is the shizz. It's the first one I got. My favorite is Brave Men Run too.

Good choice. Kim is great in that song and any other song for that matter.

CHOUT 07.09.2006 03:35 AM

Society Is A Hole is a favorite.

I remember being disappointed hearing I'm Insane for the first time. I thought the title was awesome, I imagined it having a similar vibe to schitzophrenia. I wrote my own version of what the lyrics would be like before I had bought BMR. I took a bus from my house in the suburbs to downtown minneapoils just to buy the cassette at Let It Be Records.

krastian 07.09.2006 03:38 AM

It makes me lie to my friends.....

lovesonicevol 07.09.2006 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOUT
Society Is A Hole is a favorite.

I remember being disappointed hearing I'm Insane for the first time. I thought the title was awesome, I imagined it having a similar vibe to schitzophrenia. I wrote my own version of what the lyrics would be like before I had bought BMR. I took a bus from my house in the suburbs to downtown minneapoils just to buy the cassette at Let It Be Records.

Society Is A Hole is groovey. I love how that static sound that starts in Brave Men Run goes thru Society and into I Love Her All The Time. Not Right..............Iggy.

lovesonicevol 07.09.2006 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
It makes me lie to my friends.....

My friends are girls wrapped in boys....

CHOUT 07.09.2006 03:43 AM

You got big big hair, and everybody's scared.

luxinterior 07.09.2006 03:52 AM

This may be my favorite album of theirs. Such strong tracks. I mean, I Love Her All The Time? You can't beat that. Brave Men Run is such an impressive song, I wish I had written it. More people need to love Bad Moon Rising.

I always bust out this album on Halloween for the neighborhood kids.

lovesonicevol 07.09.2006 03:52 AM

My friends all have big heads.

h8kurdt 07.09.2006 07:41 AM

The soundtrack to your nightmares. Probably my fav. album ie/their most consistent album. Except Justice is might though that just pisses me off.

I'm insane RULES.

Bal 07.09.2006 08:07 AM

love that album to bits but satan is borign is one of the worst sy songs ever imo.
favourite song gotta be intro + brave men (i love 'intro')

Fox 07.09.2006 09:50 AM

Bad Moon Rising is my favorite album of them - and my favorite album at all.

It took like 4 or 5 months till I really get into, though, but once I loved it once, I really loved it. Every song on that album is fantastic. I particulary enjoy Ghost Bitch, Society is a Hole and Halloween...

Fox 07.09.2006 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bal
love that album to bits but satan is borign is one of the worst sy songs ever imo.
favourite song gotta be intro + brave men (i love 'intro')

About Satan is Boring...

I was thinking it too until I listen to the song live... You should really hear it live, it's absolutely great... Now I love this track so much

Danny Himself 07.09.2006 09:55 AM

'Satan Is Boring' isn't on BMR. It was on the Death Valley EP. Geffen added a bunch of bonus tracks onto the same disc, which kinda ruined the effect of the album. It's supposed to end at Death Valley '69.

I listened to this album about 3 times over on vacation last year, so now it reminds me of the woods and mountains. Justice Is Might is really good, but I enjoy the whole album as one long song really.

Oh, and that 'static' is a loop from Lou Reed's 'Metal Machine Music'.

Toxa 07.09.2006 10:36 AM

I love all songs.

my favourite SY album!

nomadicfollower 07.09.2006 11:36 AM

I didn't like it much when I frst heard it, but since, it has really grown on me.
Brave Men Run and Justice is Might being two of my favorite songs.

finding nobody 07.09.2006 01:42 PM

my favorite song is 'i'm insane'. i love it when kim comes in with the bassline and thurston starts bustin out that rap shit

alyasa 07.09.2006 02:41 PM

Yeah, I'm Insane and Justice Is Might are really cool songs, my favourite ones off BMR. The whole album kicks ass, a sort of moody, paranoiac atmosphere from start to end.

toxic johnny 07.09.2006 03:15 PM

I recently renewed my love affair with this album after getting my old vinyl copy out and playing it really loud... it has a very distinct atmosphere that reminds me of a bleak and autumnal landscape... I just love the way that it flows from one song to the next... my favourite moment is the intro to Ghost Bitch... especially those gorgeous guitar sweeps and swoons. Another highlight is Justice Is Might... oh and I Love Her All The Time... damn, the whole thing is close to perfection. Not only is it totally unique in Sonic Youth's body of work but also you would be hard pushed to to find an album by any other band that comes close or is even remotely similar.
I think that I love it more now than I did when it first came out.