Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Effects (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8597)

king_buzzo 12.20.2006 11:09 AM

why thank you

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 12.20.2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
yeah they look cool, musiciansfriend soundclips are pretty cool. it doesnt sound vintage to me.

i reaalllly want the diamond sea phaser, which one is it and where can you get one?/.

oh yeah, i just remembered that i already made a thread about that.

It is a Ludwig Phase II synth or something, and it is really expensive and vintage.

king_buzzo 12.20.2006 11:47 AM

yeah its also huuuuge

CHOUT 12.20.2006 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
It is a Ludwig Phase II synth or something, and it is really expensive and vintage.

One went on ebay recently for something like $3,000.

king_buzzo 12.21.2006 10:42 AM

holy............fucking........shit......thats more expensive than a genuine mint 61 jazzmaster

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 12.21.2006 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOUT
One went on ebay recently for something like $3,000.

It went to 6,600

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1221&rd=1&rd=1

king_buzzo 12.21.2006 02:06 PM

now thats too expensive

CHOUT 12.21.2006 03:02 PM

Damn was I off...I was trying to find the auction the other day.

CHOUT 12.21.2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
anyone heard of the drain? it's the effect you all have on me

OHHH SNAAAAP!

king_buzzo 12.21.2006 05:45 PM

i might just get something tomorow if i get enough money, and if those guys in cash converters buy my multi processor.

SubSonicPumpAction 12.21.2006 06:28 PM

so as of right now I have a
A Rickenbacker Amp acting as a head for a RANDALL Bass Amp
I play a 1972 fender bullet.
as well as an 80's model hollow body telecaster with the f-hole
and an 80's strat with push down tone buttons and 4 way switching.
Pedals:
Boss DD-6
Danelectro Fab Tone
MXR Compression Unit
Line 6 DL-4
Electro Harmonix 16 sec Delay
BOSS RV-5
MXR Blue Box
Dunlop Wah Wah (which i don't ever use)
Electro Harmonix Hot Tubes
also (not a pedal but)
Rolland SP-404 Sampler with Effects.

shentov 12.21.2006 06:37 PM

sold all my ProEl and DOD shit and started ordering customized 'boutique' pedals:

Naudio Sonic Fuzz (modified 60's Univox Superfuzz)
Naudio Muffhoney (modified EH Big Muff Pi with harsher sustain)

use them both with guitar and bass

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 12.21.2006 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
i might just get something tomorow if i get enough money, and if those guys in cash converters buy my multi processor.

I'm going to 4 different guitar stores with 130 dollars tomorrow. Wish me luck! :)

whorefrost 12.21.2006 07:32 PM

Boss Digital Delay 3 - Russian Big Muff - Octave Fuzz - Boss Phaser

Savage Clone 12.21.2006 08:23 PM

I'm getting rid of my Fuzz Factory (super cool, but I haven't used it in about 2 years), but I recently got one of these off my bandmate; sorry if I posted this before, but I just can't be bothered to dig through the whole thread to see if I did or not...
This is an early 60s tube-powered Echolette tape echo unit, German style. We just have to put in a new tape loop and it's ready to go. Super cool, plus my friend has a pristine reel of pre-polyester acetate tape that I can use for future loop replacement!

CHOUT 12.21.2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I'm getting rid of my Fuzz Factory (super cool, but I haven't used it in about 2 years), but I recently got one of these off my bandmate; sorry if I posted this before, but I just can't be bothered to dig through the whole thread to see if I did or not...
This is an early 60s tube-powered Echolette tape echo unit, German style. We just have to put in a new tape loop and it's ready to go. Super cool, plus my friend has a pristine reel of pre-polyester acetate tape that I can use for future loop replacement!

Awesome. Post some samples when you can. Gonna gig that thing?

CHOUT 12.21.2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

I'm going to 4 different guitar stores with 130 dollars tomorrow. Wish me luck! :)

What are you looking to get?

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 12.21.2006 11:42 PM

The last stop has a Micro Synth for 125. I'm saving that stop for last though, because I want to see what the other 3 places have for offer. Well, other 2 places, because we're going to guitar center because my friend has never been. Bla IMO- they have all that line 6, digitech, and boss shit- all lifeless and sterile sounding.

CHOUT 12.21.2006 11:47 PM

Quote:

The last stop has a Micro Synth for 125. I'm saving that stop for last though, because I want to see what the other 3 places have for offer. Well, other 2 places, because we're going to guitar center because my friend has never been. Bla IMO- they have all that line 6, digitech, and boss shit- all lifeless and sterile sounding.

We have 2 GCs here and damn the location I never go to has quite an impressive selection of pedals over the other one - not necessarily pedals I'd buy, but interesting to demo: Fulltone, Voodoo Lab, lotsa EHX pedals and MXR pedals I never have tried.

That is a great deal on a Micro Synth - never seen them cheaper than $160 around here.

Your story sounds similar to mine. I ended up getting a Small Clone and Phase 90, both used for $50 and $60 respectively. Glad I went to that last store, cuz I saved $50 if I would've bought them new at either of the stores I went to before there.

king_buzzo 12.22.2006 06:33 AM

Quote:

ah you lucky fucker! i might get something as well today i have 70 euros and im gonna try to sell my multi effect