Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Which famous guitarist are you? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8871)

gmku 12.11.2006 05:28 PM

Which famous guitarist are you?
 
http://www.gotoquiz.com/which_famous_guitarist_are_you

Apparently, I'm Jimmy Page. and the description pretty well applies to my real life, too: You are just one component of music. The spotlight is your home, but only if you've had your Jack Daniels [I would substitute Three Floyds Alpha King pale ale] for the day. Lay off the drugs and 14-year-olds [I would substitute 1... er, no, nevermind. ]. You have good talent, and you don't want to waste it by doing stupid stuff now.

Better_Than_You 12.11.2006 05:31 PM

David Gilmour.

SynthethicalY 12.11.2006 05:32 PM

Jimmy Page.

gmku 12.11.2006 05:33 PM

Where is your sig from, BTY? If I woke up at night, I would not so much want to be you in the spotlight as much as be on you in the spotlight. Just sayin...

Better_Than_You 12.11.2006 05:35 PM

Its from the unicorns. They're a cute little pop band from canada.

Better_Than_You 12.11.2006 05:36 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unicorns

All of you will probably hate them, but they're cute and it was Nick Diamonds first band (i think)... before he made Islands.

gmku 12.11.2006 05:37 PM

As long as they're cute, they're the band for me. And how can you go wrong with a name like The Unicorns.

Better_Than_You 12.11.2006 05:39 PM

Thats a good point. I can send you some songs if you're interested.

finding nobody 12.11.2006 05:39 PM

I got Mr Hendrix

Better_Than_You 12.11.2006 05:40 PM

I'm jealous. I wanted to get him.

SynthethicalY 12.11.2006 05:42 PM

I got hendrix woohoo.

gmku 12.11.2006 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Better_Than_You
Thats a good point. I can send you some songs if you're interested.


I'm never one to turn down an offering of songs, darlin'.

Norma J 12.11.2006 05:44 PM

Page.

gmku 12.11.2006 05:45 PM

I was going for Keef Richards but apparently the old pirate ain't even in the list of possibles.

SynthethicalY 12.11.2006 05:46 PM

These quizzez make me quite nervous.

gmku 12.11.2006 05:47 PM

The quizzes doesn't so much as the responses from everyone.

SynthethicalY 12.11.2006 05:49 PM

It is really a simple mathematic solution to the quizzez, retake them and just pick out the ones that describes the guitarist like what music you like just choose blues and that serves as a point for Jimi. You know so forth.

gmku 12.11.2006 05:51 PM

They're actually a bit too specific. If I wanted Keef, for example, I'd have to say I like rock and blues, as well as country, but the quiz doesn't allow for such.

SynthethicalY 12.11.2006 05:53 PM

Yeah. That's what i meant.

k-krack 12.11.2006 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Better_Than_You
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unicorns

All of you will probably hate them, but they're cute and it was Nick Diamonds first band (i think)... before he made Islands.


Nick Diamonds is rad. Islands were one of the funnest bands I ever saw live, especially when they played Rough Gem.

Better_Than_You 12.11.2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I'm never one to turn down an offering of songs, darlin'.


http://secretunicornsforum.com/forum...=287577#287577

Download the zip drive "2004-1-19 Minniapolis - Seventh Street Entry" The only songs that are good on it though are Child Star (He switches the lyrics around on that one... which makes me mad but I guess he can do that; he wrote the song) and Les Os.

Their live songs aren't as good as the ones on the CD.

Better_Than_You 12.11.2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
Nick Diamonds is rad. Islands were one of the funnest bands I ever saw live, especially when they played Rough Gem.


Awww... Rough Gem and Jogging Gorgeous Summer are my favorite songs off of Return To The Sea.

k-krack 12.11.2006 06:23 PM

I love Don't Call Me Whitney, Bobby as well. And Where There's A Will, There's a Whalebone. Those three, (Rough Gem included) are my favourites.

Pookie 12.11.2006 06:24 PM

Tom Delonge

Norma J 12.11.2006 06:46 PM

HAHA. Poor Pookie.

LifeDistortion 12.11.2006 06:52 PM

I'm David Gilmore apparently. I'm just a man, too mortal to be Hendrix.

Danny Himself 12.11.2006 06:55 PM

Hendrix! Alright!

fishmonkey 12.11.2006 06:57 PM

i got poxy fuckin page.
whoo-hoo.

SynthethicalY 12.11.2006 06:58 PM

I got Jimi the second time.

Massenvernichtungswaffen 12.11.2006 07:15 PM

jimmy page

which is cool, cuz he was gutsy but soulful. sloppy sometimes, but hey who needs to be perfect?

at least it didn't say I was Yngwie. puke.

Better_Than_You 12.11.2006 07:17 PM

i wouldn't want to be dimebag. i used to be into metal but now i cant stand it.

!@#$%! 12.11.2006 08:02 PM

plef, i got this shit

<table style="width: 320px; border: 1px solid gray; font: normal 12px sans-serif; background-color: white;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="background: white; color: black; padding: 5px;"><b style="font-size: 20px; display: block; margin-bottom: 8px;">Which famous guitarist are you?</b> <div style="font-size: 16px; margin-bottom: 4px;">Your Result: <b>David Gilmour</b></div><div style="width: 200px; background: white; border: 1px solid black;"><div style="width: 88%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div><p style="margin: 10px; border: none; background: white; color: black;">You play from the heart. You also deliver a great show anytime. You have skill, but you really don't like to show off. You let the music come in second to the visuals of the show. You prefer to play with people who know what they are doing.</p><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Jimi Hendrix</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 80%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Jimmy Page</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 64%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Adam Jones</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 54%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Dimebag Darrell</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 31%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Synyster Gates</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 21%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Tom Delonge</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 0%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" style="text-align: center; padding: 8px;"><a href="http://www.gotoquiz.com/which_famous_guitarist_are_you"><b>Which famous guitarist are you?</b></a></td></tr></table>

^^ that's some shitty-ass code for fucks sakes

ALIEN ANAL 12.11.2006 09:02 PM

oh man its the matrix! your neo!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
plef, i got this shit

<table style="width: 320px; border: 1px solid gray; font: normal 12px sans-serif; background-color: white;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="background: white; color: black; padding: 5px;"><b style="font-size: 20px; display: block; margin-bottom: 8px;">Which famous guitarist are you?</b> <div style="font-size: 16px; margin-bottom: 4px;">Your Result: <b>David Gilmour</b></div><div style="width: 200px; background: white; border: 1px solid black;"><div style="width: 88%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div><p style="margin: 10px; border: none; background: white; color: black;">You play from the heart. You also deliver a great show anytime. You have skill, but you really don't like to show off. You let the music come in second to the visuals of the show. You prefer to play with people who know what they are doing.</p><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Jimi Hendrix</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 80%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Jimmy Page</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 64%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Adam Jones</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 54%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Dimebag Darrell</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 31%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Synyster Gates</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 21%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Tom Delonge</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 0%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" style="text-align: center; padding: 8px;"><a href="http://www.gotoquiz.com/which_famous_guitarist_are_you"><b>Which famous guitarist are you?</b></a></td></tr></table>

^^ that's some shitty-ass code for fucks sakes


Inhuman 12.11.2006 09:10 PM

There's a code!
Quote:

<table style="width: 320px; border: 1px solid gray; font: normal 12px sans-serif; background-color: white;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="background: white; color: black; padding: 5px;"><b style="font-size: 20px; display: block; margin-bottom: 8px;">Which famous guitarist are you?</b> <div style="font-size: 16px; margin-bottom: 4px;">Your Result: <b>David Gilmour</b></div><div style="width: 200px; background: white; border: 1px solid black;"><div style="width: 88%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div><p style="margin: 10px; border: none; background: white; color: black;">You play from the heart. You also deliver a great show anytime. You have skill, but you really don't like to show off. You let the music come in second to the visuals of the show. You prefer to play with people who know what they are doing.</p><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Jimi Hendrix</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 80%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Jimmy Page</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 64%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Adam Jones</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 54%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Dimebag Darrell</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 31%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Synyster Gates</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 21%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Tom Delonge</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 0%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> </div></div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" style="text-align: center; padding: 8px;"><a href="http://www.gotoquiz.com/which_famous_guitarist_are_you"><b>Which famous guitarist are you?</b></a></td></tr></table>

^^ that's some shitty-ass code for fucks sakes
how disturbing....

gmku 12.11.2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Better_Than_You
http://secretunicornsforum.com/forum...=287577#287577

Download the zip drive "2004-1-19 Minniapolis - Seventh Street Entry" The only songs that are good on it though are Child Star (He switches the lyrics around on that one... which makes me mad but I guess he can do that; he wrote the song) and Les Os.

Their live songs aren't as good as the ones on the CD.


You're very sweet. Thank you.

I remember 7th St., barely, from my Mpls days. Ah... mammories...

Do you ever see STNNNG there in the cities? They're currently my favorite new band.

!@#$%! 12.11.2006 09:20 PM

it sez im david gilmour/gilmore but not one of the girls

it sez, ah, other bullshit, but their html is prehistoric.

CHOUT 12.11.2006 09:25 PM

Adam Jones. From Tool, right?

Norma J 12.11.2006 09:26 PM

Right.

heavium 12.11.2006 09:37 PM

adam jones too, haha, i guess i do like tool..the old tool..just a notch, might've made me want to pick up a bass too ..for some odd reason *sigh*

Page is second.

soniknirve 12.11.2006 09:45 PM

Your Result: Jimi Hendrix


You are all about jamming and just making music. You are born for making music. When you make music, you like to be with people you know well so you have a feel for them. You are in the spotlight all the time. Cut your hair, hippie!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth