Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   roundhouse - saturday (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=16013)

musefreek 09.01.2007 06:55 PM

roundhouse - saturday

tonight was spectacular. i thought they were really great and the sound was respectable too.

kim said tonight's crowd was the BEST. woo!

sorry i can't remember the setlist but they did predominantly play RR stuff after DDN.

Danny Himself 09.01.2007 07:04 PM

Expresswayyyyyyyyy!

toxic johnny 09.01.2007 07:24 PM

It was truly fantastic.... the DDNationers got their shit and the expansive improv/noise lovers got their jollies too with a scorching Expressway as the final encore, including the Corsano/Flowers duo (who also put in an A+ support set). So nobody can complain. Thurston was in a very talkative mood when they were doing the RR encore, Extolling the virtues and history of the Roundhouse venue... Ramones/Clash/Andy Warhol etc etc. I am a very, very happy bunny right now!!!!!. It will take me a while to come down.

DDN.
________

What A waste
Incinerate
Jams Run Free
Pink Steam
Or.
________

Expressway To Yr Skull.

the ikara cult 09.01.2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Expresswayyyyyyyyy!

No............... they didnt..............*dies*

farmhouse 09.01.2007 08:22 PM

Corsano on expressway! . . . man, i was on the rail in front of lee during that with corsano just behind . . they were ripping the hell out of it! . . . i couldn't see this one coming . . Or finished it off at eleven, which was the venue curfew, but then they quickly assembled corsano's kit and . . . oh god oh god . . . please god, let me sleep tonight!

elsuko 09.01.2007 09:31 PM

First time i've seen SY live. Bought DDN in '91 and naturally captivated by it- poor thing, was only 17 then!
Hey, gig was 'correct'. Glad I wandered about and retreated a bit to the bar,not feeling compelled to squeeze out ticket value.. And managed to find myself right in the front line, 2nd row, for an exquisite 'Expressway' encore surprise..

un-expected treat, respect to you!

_slavo_ 09.02.2007 03:58 AM

The gig itself was absolutely fantastic, most likely the best concert I've ever been to. Expressway was sheer heaven, it's hard to describe the energy coming from the twin drumming unit Shelley/Corsano...fantastic !!! Also, I think that the RR songs sounded much better than on the gigs I went to before during this tour (Prague, Vienna).

Apart from that, I was highly pleased to meet fellow boardies sonicl, bertrand, diamond sea and pokkeherrie, to whom I thank for nice chat (and especially to stephen who took a picture of me w/Kim and Thurston). Too bad I did not meet the other boardies on the gig, since this was probably the only possibility to say hello to you, but nevertheles...it was worth coming all the way here to England.

Kyohan 09.02.2007 05:18 AM

Noooooooooo! I knew they would end up playing Expressway on the one night I didn't go :(

sonicl 09.02.2007 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyohan
Noooooooooo! I knew they would end up playing Expressway on the one night I didn't go :(

It's okay, I have video.

zhivago 09.02.2007 06:37 AM

they were majestic...I saw them on Friday as well...Expressway was so, so good!

sonicl 09.02.2007 06:43 AM

Welcome to the board, Zhivago.

thomasboy 09.02.2007 06:52 AM

Setlist?

EvdWee 09.02.2007 06:53 AM

here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic johnny
It was truly fantastic.... the DDNationers got their shit and the expansive improv/noise lovers got their jollies too with a scorching Expressway as the final encore, including the Corsano/Flowers duo (who also put in an A+ support set). So nobody can complain. Thurston was in a very talkative mood when they were doing the RR encore, Extolling the virtues and history of the Roundhouse venue... Ramones/Clash/Andy Warhol etc etc. I am a very, very happy bunny right now!!!!!. It will take me a while to come down.

DDN.
________

What A waste
Incinerate
Jams Run Free
Pink Steam
Or.
________

Expressway To Yr Skull.

Kyohan 09.02.2007 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
It's okay, I have video.

Nice one - have you posted it anywhere online?

racehorse 09.02.2007 09:01 AM

it sounds like it was fantastic.
i'm glad i got an expressway in paris w/matts gustaffson on the outro or i'd probably be pretty frustrated right now.

No Star 09.02.2007 09:26 AM

we had to sleep in a park cause we had nowhere to stay but they were amazing!

No Star 09.02.2007 09:51 AM

i would like to see your photos?

sonicl 09.02.2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyohan
Nice one - have you posted it anywhere online?

I'll transfer it to badongo or something later.

jon boy 09.02.2007 10:24 AM

can i just say that friday was good as well.

greenlight 09.02.2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
I'll transfer it to badongo or something later.

do you have whole show sonicl?