Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11440)

Derek 09.07.2008 04:29 PM

huh

pokkeherrie 09.07.2008 05:29 PM

I don't know which is better... the Armani bag or the flip-flops?

atsonicpark 09.07.2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shentov
i can't believe this thread is actually serious...

Yeah, believe it or not, people on here seriously discuss good music every now and then. I know it's weird but hey.

atari 2600 09.07.2008 06:28 PM

bah, as a rule of thumb it has to be arty and/or abrasive, "weird" and/or "evil" to be discussed here.

case in point: no one has mentioned Mudcrutch as of yet. no mention of the new Elf Power or The Visitations either...probably the best two truly indie rock bands in America right now, if not the world.

but no biggie, I'm rather used to people lagging behind.
true, there are bands that are decidedly more fresh-faced; too bad most if not all suck for the most part though.

atsonicpark 09.07.2008 06:30 PM

Actually, I really like Tom Petty, and my friend played me some of that stuff about 3 months ago. I didn't go crazy for it but I enjoyed it.

steve newman 09.07.2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokkeherrie

or perhaps lars' braids.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 09.07.2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Sounds like you're describing the newest hot noise record.

In a way yes, Metallica should get into noise! They can't be called sellouts that way at least.

Everyneurotic 09.07.2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atari 2600
...no mention of the new Elf Power...

i thought it was good but nowhere near as good as back to the web. didn't make me want to listen to it a lot which i thought was a shame.

great band though.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 09.07.2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atari 2600
case in point: no one has mentioned Mudcrutch as of yet. no mention of the new Elf Power or The Visitations either...probably the best two truly indie rock bands in America right now, if not the world.

I've only heard one song by Mudcrutch and I really dug it. Real blues rock like.

andrei 09.08.2008 01:01 AM

I just listened it and i think it's shit. A little bit near the old stuff, but still far away...

atsonicpark 09.09.2008 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokkeherrie

Of Wolf and Armani
Turn the Plaid
The End of the Shopping Line
Armani Within My Hands
Some Kind of Middle-Age
Sad But True
The Sandals Within
For Whom the Sale Tolls
Fade to Plaid
Welcome Home (Armanitarium)
Shop and Destroy
The Plaid That Failed
The Sale that Never Comes
St. Armani
Mandal Militia
Armanibreath
Enter Salesman
The Shorts That Should Not Be

...sorry.

PAULYBEE2656 09.09.2008 07:16 AM

new elf powrer is real good. i thoght that was discussed months back......

i worried about downing the metallitica album.... i dont really want to hear it. but open mind cold feet good in bed etc etc etc

and adam..... thanks for upping are few and far between here, only yht true hardcore thank people here!

atsonicpark 09.09.2008 07:20 AM

hahaha.

It's no big deal if I don't get thanked. I was just surprised this time.

noisereductions 09.09.2008 07:22 AM

I can't believe I'm interested in hearing this. I trust that Adam wouldnt say something was good if it wasn't, though. I'm still not gonna rush out to get it, but I'm gonna keep my ears peeled I guess.

oh, and I dont know why this is related, but I forgot Elf Power had a new one. Haven't kept up with them since their covers album. Which was good.

atsonicpark 09.09.2008 07:23 AM

Thanks for the trust.

If you like Metallica at all (their older stuff, I mean), it's worth hearing. I dunno. If you plan on buying it, you'll be able to find it used for about a penny in a month, so hey.

You could do what I did, though, and save 300 boxtops of Of Wolf and Man Cereal to get an early copy on vinyl!

atsonicpark 09.09.2008 07:25 AM

Also, if anyone's wondering, Lars ditched the steel drums, broken church bells, aluminum toms, and sewage pipe for the newest album.

PAULYBEE2656 09.09.2008 07:27 AM

hmmm.. ok i succumbed to peer pressure and am downing the death magnetic now... i like the old cliff burton era metallica... before they became rawk stars and started earning stupid amount of money and playing with philharmonic orchestras and the like. i love some kind of monster because it shows them up to the fucking wankers that they are, especially lars dildo ulrich!

but loads have said that the new one is the polar opposite to everything post black album.... im curious... maybe metallica have realised that they really have sucked for a while.......

ill leave my desicion untill i hear it in fulll.......... not expecting it to be the new lightning bolt or anything.... man theres a thought......

PAULYBEE2656 09.09.2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Also, if anyone's wondering, Lars ditched the steel drums, broken church bells, aluminum toms, and sewage pipe for the newest album.

aw shit... he didnt dissappear down the shit hole then.....the bastard...he promised!!!!!

atsonicpark 09.09.2008 07:30 AM

The lyrics still really fucking suck though there's nothing as bad as "OHHHHH WHAT A GOOD BOY YOU AREEEEEEE", "I'm madly in anger with you!!!!!!", "purify, pure if I..." and "ominous! I'm in us!"

atsonicpark 09.09.2008 07:33 AM

Oh, as an advertising and social experiment, I've had a scissor shock album mislabeled as the new metallica album for months on soulseek. Browsing the user lists of the pissed-off people who download the album off of me (which takes them, oh, about 3 minutes and 30 seconds combined), there are some really eclectic Metallica fans out there!

Some dude named ZYKLON B downloaded off of me and his entire share folder was genesis p-orridge/throbbing gristle albums.