Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Want to buy a HAREM FUZZ pedal!!! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=110248)

benjemima 10.17.2014 09:01 AM

Want to buy a HAREM FUZZ pedal!!!

Hi Fellow SYers

Does anyone out there have a HAREM FUZZ pedal they would consider selling me pleasE?

Thanks.

Diesel 10.17.2014 11:10 AM

Great name. No.

Ah Thurston owns a Harem, how fitting. What next? Arab language goo t-shirt designs!! er you daft fanboy?!

benjemima 10.22.2014 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
Great name. No.

Ah Thurston owns a Harem, how fitting. What next? Arab language goo t-shirt designs!! er you daft fanboy?!

Im not sure I understand any of that at all??

scott v 10.22.2014 01:35 PM

I owned one for a brief period of time and sold it.

Its a good Big Muff clone (Its more Rams Head version-like than Sovtek/Russian to my ears) though to me not essential, I would try to find a good diy/clone of a sovtek or make one yourself via general guitar gadgets dot com, it will be much cheaper than trying to find any older production big muff (pre-2000-ish)

I let it go because I have too many Big Muff type pedals and now I stick w/ an army green tall font Sovtek and occasionally pull out my 70's Deluxe Big Muff (the one J Mascis used on the 1st Dinosaur album) of which I did a minor mod that runs the compressor in series w/ the fuzz/distortion which gives the whole signal a serious BOOST, makes it the loudest most outrageous fuzz I have ever played thru. A trick I found online that was originally published in an effects units newsletter from the 70's/80's...

benjemima 10.23.2014 10:58 AM

Thanks for the detailed response.

I am a bit of a boutique pedal nerd and like to try things myself and also enjoy the artwork etc....

Big Muff sound is a little ubiquitous for my liking and a little too 'creamy'. The green sovtek tall fonts are my favourite muff I think.

Have you heard the death by audio fuzz pedals?? they are NICE.

scott v 10.24.2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjemima
Thanks for the detailed response.

I am a bit of a boutique pedal nerd and like to try things myself and also enjoy the artwork etc....

Big Muff sound is a little ubiquitous for my liking and a little too 'creamy'. The green sovtek tall fonts are my favourite muff I think.

Have you heard the death by audio fuzz pedals?? they are NICE.

I had a 2 knob fuzz war briefly and sold it, it was nice but in my opinion only had one "sweet spot" and the tone control provides too much treble in its sweep, i determined i wasn't going to need it or use it since i prefer my big muff, and the only other type of fuzzes i really like is fuzz face and maybe a tonebender.