Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Breaking new: Reports from all over the world are saying anybody that falls asleep (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40649)

ALIEN ANAL 07.28.2010 05:36 AM

Breaking new: Reports from all over the world are saying anybody that falls asleep

Will die! What would you do in a real life situation?

ann ashtray 07.28.2010 05:47 AM

I suspect I'd be within' the last 10-20% of those living.

I'd likely want to compete to be the last person...even though I doubt it would happen. Staying awake is just something I'm better than most at.

I'd stay away from energy drinks. I'd drink ton's of water. I'd stay away from foods that are difficult for my body to break down. I'd damn sure stay away from any sort of sex (including masterbation). Caffeine in small doses. I'd carry razors and pins in my pocket at all times. I'd stay away from showering...only washing my face in the sink. I'd stay on my feet as much as possible. I'd listen to music as much as possible (as loudly as possible). "Resting" only in sitting positions, in uncomfortable surroundings (hot sun, cold w/ as little clothes as possible, etc).

Once the population in my area dropped to less than half, I'd start helping mother nature revive this place in ways I won't mention here because they don't matter. That, or either I'd try and make it to some mountain, sit on top, and stare out over everything in complete silence until I finally fell asleep. maybe The indian mounds would be fitting....w/ a big ass bottle of Ezra I likely didn't even have to pay for.

The hardest part would likely be me having to avoid friends/loved ones....w/ an exception of my mom most of them fall asleep too easily + I don't think I'd be comfy watching any of them die,.

demonrail666 07.28.2010 05:49 AM

buy a can of red bull, I suppose

Keeping It Simple 07.28.2010 05:53 AM

I'm going to die as I love to sleep. It was nice knowing you all.

SYRFox 07.28.2010 06:03 AM

ALIEN, I missed your threads!
I'd probably go to somewhere with music played loudly where I can dance. My body tends to forget sleeping for a while when I'm in a club or somewhere where I can dance to music

ALIEN ANAL 07.28.2010 06:13 AM

Anyone know what the statistics would be on the drop rate of the human species.

_slavo_ 07.28.2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
It was nice knowing you all.

fuckin FINALLY.

SYRFox 07.28.2010 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
fuckin FINALLY.

this

Keeping It Simple 07.28.2010 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
fuckin FINALLY.

You're damned. Did you know that?

ann ashtray 07.28.2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

I'm going to die as I love to sleep. It was nice knowing you all.

If ya have any trouble lemmie know...I'll gladly give ya some very potent sleep aids free of charge.

_slavo_ 07.28.2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Did you know that?

:) :) :confused: :fuckyou:

ann ashtray 07.28.2010 06:25 AM

Good Morning, Slavo.

_slavo_ 07.28.2010 06:32 AM

Good morning sway.

noisereductions 07.28.2010 07:21 AM

whatever you do..... don't. Fall. Asleep.

ploesj 07.28.2010 10:56 AM

i'd make the most of my last day and fall asleep in my boyfriend's arms, in a warm and cozy bed. souns a lot better than struggling and torturing yourself to stay awake, only to die in stress and fear...

SONIC GAIL 07.28.2010 11:10 AM

Id be dead within 10 minutes

chicka 07.28.2010 11:21 AM

as the saying goes only the good die young so I suspect I'd be in the last 5% to die. I've already been there a couple of times but the EMT's brought me back. Why? cause only the good die young

hevusa 07.28.2010 11:26 AM

blow

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.28.2010 12:43 PM

wonder how Nightmare on Elm Street suddenly became a reality? Is NASA in on it? They are bringing to life Total Recal with a multi billion dollar a year program to terraform mars (and shit, they are actually serious!)
Or is it the Pentagon? Someone there clearly saw the Terminator series in their quest to create a real sky-net, full of fully automated military technology, robots and machines that do the killing for us, but what happens when they become self aware?

oh wait, I get it. Its the 2000s, everybody in America does meth, so it is in vogue right ;)

SpaceCadetHayden 07.28.2010 12:47 PM

I'm too high strung to sleep. I also know where the psychostimulants are at.