Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Six Feet Under Vs. The Sopranos (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40922)

screamingskull 08.12.2010 06:52 AM

Six Feet Under Vs. The Sopranos

Vote!

atsonicpark 08.12.2010 06:53 AM

oz.

...but, sopranos, by far

screamingskull 08.12.2010 06:56 AM

"Six Feet Under received widespread critical acclaim, particularly for its writing and acting, and consistently drew high ratings for the HBO network. Six Feet Under has frequently been described by critics as one of the greatest television series of all time as well as having one of the greatest series finales of all time.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12] It won numerous awards, including three Golden Globes, nine Emmys and three Screen Actors Guild Awards."

"A major commercial and critical success, The Sopranos is the most financially successful series in the history of cable television and is acknowledged as one of the greatest television series of all time and a seminal work of fiction. The series is noted for its high level of quality in every aspect of production and is particularly recognized for its writing and the performances of its lead actors. The show is credited with bringing a greater level of artistry to the television medium and paving the way for many successful drama series that followed. It also won a multitude of awards, including twenty-one Emmys and five Golden Globes."

ummmmmm.....

screamingskull 08.12.2010 07:02 AM

everything about Six Feet Under was just so beautiful

radarmaker 08.12.2010 07:48 AM

Loved the first season of Six Feet Under, but it went rapidly downhill after that. Nate's tumour saw it diving straight over the shark. I suspect a lot of the bits I loved would have me cringing a little if I watched it again now, mind. Last episode was great though.

The Sopranos was much more consistent over the whole run, though it was beginning to flag a little towards the end. Again, the last episode was very well done.

But yeah, Oz, Deadwood & The Wire all top 'em both.

screamingskull 08.12.2010 07:54 AM

I seem to remember that they were planning to end the show at the end of the 3rd series, which was why they introduced Nate's tumour...

Nate wasn't my favourite character, Brenda, Claire, David and by far Ruth were the best characters, but they were all deeply flawed individuals.

batreleaser 08.12.2010 08:29 AM

Sopranos absofuckinglutely. Tony was the most consistently fascinating character on any show ever. I did, however, want to to be Nate Fisher when I was 17.

artsygrrl 08.12.2010 08:55 AM

The Sopranos!! Brilliantly written, unforgettable scenes and quotes!
L O V E I T

static-harmony 08.12.2010 09:01 AM

Six Feet Under is next to True Blood. Maybe I have an Alan Ball crush.

artsygrrl 08.12.2010 09:02 AM

You must spread some rep around before giving it to screamingskull again.

screamingskull 08.12.2010 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static-harmony
Six Feet Under is next to True Blood. Maybe I have an Alan Ball crush.

i do, it's cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by artsygrrl
You must spread some rep around before giving it to screamingskull again.

Rob Instigator 08.12.2010 10:03 AM

I vote Sopranos.

Both shows are quality, although I never enjoyed the 6 feet under. too much weepy melodrama.

jon boy 08.12.2010 10:30 AM

i dont like either all that much but if push came to shove i would choose six feet under. the soprano's was just kinda boring.

the original pincho 08.12.2010 09:38 PM

I would have to vote for the sopranos also.

h8kurdt 08.13.2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
i dont like either all that much but if push came to shove i would choose six feet under. the soprano's was just kinda boring.

Ohhhh!!

SONIC GAIL 08.13.2010 12:59 PM

I love the Sopranos! I did'nt watch any of it until the reruns were released on A & E. Id say one of the best things on tv ever.