Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ATP Don't Look Back Daydream Nation (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10668)

sonicl 07.04.2007 08:15 AM

Only 57 days to go to the first of the three dates!!!!

Danny Himself 07.04.2007 09:06 AM

Oh my!

I'll be seeing you on friday the 31st, sonicl. With my super duper best friends screamingskull and trasher02.

GrungeMonkey 07.04.2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog
Does anybody out there want two tickets for the roundhouse ,saturday night .I cant make it now .I would ideally swap for two tickets for thursday or face value .

Sell 'em on ebay, dude. They're going for like 50 quid so you'll make double what they costed to buy. Thats if no-one will trade with you. I wouldn't sell my tickets.

jon boy 07.04.2007 09:33 AM

probably selling mine for whichever day i have a ticket for. the closer the date you sell the higher the price.

_slavo_ 07.04.2007 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Oh my!

I'll be seeing you on friday the 31st, sonicl. With my super duper best friends screamingskull and trasher02.

I'll be in London since Thursday evening until Sunday. I have a ticket for the Saturday show, but nevertheless,...how about I join you for a pint before the gig on Friday? Is anything like that on plan?

Danny Himself 07.04.2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
I'll be in London since Thursday evening until Sunday. I have a ticket for the Saturday show, but nevertheless,...how about I join you for a pint before the gig on Friday? Is anything like that on plan?

I don't drink alcohol- and even if wanted to, it would be illegal! I'm only sixteen. I don't know what my schedule is yet but we'll definitely try to meet if its possible. Breakfast on saturday?

_slavo_ 07.05.2007 03:43 AM

Quote:

I don't drink alcohol- and even if wanted to, it would be illegal! I'm only sixteen. I don't know what my schedule is yet but we'll definitely try to meet if its possible. Breakfast on saturday?

oh, I never actually realized your young as that - your posts are mature enough for not thinking about things like that.

I don't know, I'll probably end up swapping the saturday ticket for the friday ticket with one of the fellow boardies, so I might be there with y'all on Friday.

I have to check my London trip itinerary.

sarramkrop 07.05.2007 03:50 AM

I gave mine away with pleasure.

Danny Himself 07.05.2007 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
oh, I never actually realized your young as that - your posts are mature enough for not thinking about things like that.

I don't know, I'll probably end up swapping the saturday ticket for the friday ticket with one of the fellow boardies, so I might be there with y'all on Friday.

I have to check my London trip itinerary.

I'll take that as a compliment. :)

Well hopefully I'll see you at the friday gig then!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarrakrop
I gave mine away with pleasure.

We were going to kick you in the shins and run away. How dare you ruin our plans?

sonicl 07.05.2007 08:19 AM

The downside of seeing _slavo_ on the Friday will be that you won't see me, as I'm the one that he may be swapping with.

Danny Himself 07.05.2007 08:20 AM

Oh, for fucks sake. I'm losing everybody!

sarramkrop 07.05.2007 08:27 AM

Quote:

We were going to kick you in the shins and run away. How dare you ruin our plans?

It's Sniper Day on that date, Danny Boy.

Mysterygirl 07.07.2007 01:31 PM

Hey hey - i have a ticket for the Friday Roundhouse show but can't go anymore :( BUT def don't want to miss out on Daydream Nation goodness so was hoping someone on here might want to swap for the Thurs night show? Pls let me know if so :)

mAraujo 07.09.2007 07:17 AM

I just found out I'll be in London on September 1st and the show is fucking sold out. I can't believe this...
Who wants to sell me their ticket? :D

RoadkillKid 07.16.2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mAraujo
I just found out I'll be in London on September 1st and the show is fucking sold out. I can't believe this...
Who wants to sell me their ticket? :D

Looks like I have 2 spare tix for Sat 1 September. I'll sell them only as a pair so hopefully you can get someone to go with. Email me on philatom AT gmail dot com

pantophobia 08.05.2008 08:24 AM

i found this interesting article on the don't look back series on the msnbc website, and it's not often you see Sonic Youth and sales in the same paragraph

excerpt
So far, Sonic Youth has found the most success in branching out with the full-album tour concept. Based on Billboard Boxscore data for a 2007 two-night stand in Berkeley, California, and a show in Brooklyn, the band grossed $496,791 in ticket sales, with two selling out in venues with 5,000-plus capacity. Compare that with the band's 2006 outing: 11 shows that grossed $315,305, according to Boxscore.
Part of that disparity can be chalked up to the limited nature of the "Daydream Nation" shows, ensuring that demand would be higher than supply.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25999113/

noisereductions 08.05.2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantophobia
the band grossed $496,791 in ticket sales, with two selling out in venues with 5,000-plus capacity.

Oh shit! MSNBC said that SY "sold out" yo.