Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   No Fun Fest DVD update (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1594)

chabib 10.21.2006 05:12 PM

maya from double leopards/religious knives did the art for the cover. i did all of the art/animations for the menu/title/credit/interstitial stuff.

m^a(t)h 10.21.2006 11:03 PM

i wish i had the money, i saw that prurient footage taken by chabib like 3 months ago and have been waiting to watch it on my tv... looks like that wont be happening for a while.

krastian 10.22.2006 01:59 AM

Cool shit, Chris....I'll have to pick that up.

PAULYBEE2656 10.22.2006 08:23 AM

mine ordered, awaiting with salivating mouth and sweaty palms.............

greenlight 10.23.2006 02:44 AM

same here....

*edit*

greenlight 11.01.2006 04:05 PM

i was checking, when i posted my last post here (that's when i ordered dvd), coz still didn't get it. it's only 9 days tho, there's no need to worry then. seems like an ages. did you see it allready?

Moshe 11.01.2006 04:08 PM

I ordered my copy from here:
http://www.djangomusic.com/item_musi...+++868792&dt=1

PAULYBEE2656 11.05.2006 07:30 AM

got mine last week. its fucking awesome.......

golden child 11.05.2006 05:20 PM

low on bling at the mom.

greenlight 11.06.2006 04:46 PM

still didn't get the dvd.
bit worried now.

chabib 11.06.2006 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
still didn't get the dvd.
bit worried now.

did you email whoever you ordered it from to ask what's up? i know that load's been shipping them for a few weeks now and that plenty of people have received 'em. if you ordered from load, you might want to follow up with them nd find out what's up.

m^a(t)h 11.06.2006 05:17 PM

fuck the no fun fest, its not even about the art anymore. its just about old fat fucks getting on stage drunk, and acting like their total bad asses cuz they can make really loud sounds with store bought metal pedals...

...the only good performance i imagine would be the prurient set, which you can find on youtube...

greenlight 11.06.2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chabib
did you email whoever you ordered it from to ask what's up? i know that load's been shipping them for a few weeks now and that plenty of people have received 'em. if you ordered from load, you might want to follow up with them nd find out what's up.

yeah, i've emailed to load records, but with no reply. it's an email adress i've got with my "receipt number email".

Iain 11.06.2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
fuck the no fun fest, its not even about the art anymore. its just about fat fucks getting on stage drunk, and acting like their total bad asses cuz they can make really loud sounds with store bought metal pedals...

...the only good performance i imagine would be the prurient set, which you can find on youtube...

Ummmm....what about Borbetomagus sir?

chabib 11.07.2006 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
fuck the no fun fest, its not even about the art anymore. its just about old fat fucks getting on stage drunk, and acting like their total bad asses cuz they can make really loud sounds with store bought metal pedals...

my performance ruled. i got naked.

that and i'm skinny and straight edge. kiss me? touch me? feed me some tofu?

logcabinrecluse 11.07.2006 02:03 PM

hey chris - why did the sightings footage get dropped?

the prurient footage is my fav so far - dom is intense as hell. watching his neck pulsing is rad!

the magik markers footage is my least fav so far. not to be rude, but i think the slo-mo footage kills all the energy of their set.

HaydenAsche 11.07.2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Ha! Sometimes, I love you.

m^a(t)h 11.07.2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

well if your skinny then thats cool, i just hate it when old fat geezers get up their and take off their clothes, its nasty and fucking gross.

chabib 11.07.2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logcabinrecluse
hey chris - why did the sightings footage get dropped?

the prurient footage is my fav so far - dom is intense as hell. watching his neck pulsing is rad!

the magik markers footage is my least fav so far. not to be rude, but i think the slo-mo footage kills all the energy of their set.

their set was weirdly lit and for the most part, mellow. i also only had one camera for most of it. i really liked what they did sonically for the segment of music i picked, but the actual images that went with that sound had very little energy. to mittigate everything, i picked the images from their whole set that i liked best and played a little game where i tried to match something about them to the music. i slowed the footage down to make it clear that it wasn't supposed to sync to the sound. it was more of a deconstructive exercise than a performance edit. some people enjoy it some don't. that's fine with me.

but yeah. dom's set was great.

sightings got dropped cos i agreed to only include it on the festival edition. it was actually one of my favorite things on the first disc, but the band requested that it not be on the commercial release for what are more or less obvious reasons that have nothing to do with the video or the music. they said i could use anything from their set from the following year, but that set didn't have the same ragged energy that i loved so much in the first year. i left them in the interstitials to insure that people will always ask where the hell their set is.

nicfit 11.07.2006 03:39 PM

I repped chabib for the first time.