Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   lou reed's rock n animal (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=491)

hey alex 04.01.2006 09:06 PM

lou reed's rock n animal

DEAR GOD MAKE IT STOP!!!

I never wanted to hear herion and white light/white heat with blandass 70's arena rock guitar. Why o why!

I mean seriously. If this is supposed to be a good lou album, then I bet sally can't dance must be like... comotose indcuing.

Just thought I'd put that out there

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 04.01.2006 09:07 PM

its okay...(not the song)

hey alex 04.01.2006 09:14 PM

i dunno,,,, it's not horrific enough for god make it stop probably... but it does sound like lou reed for people who don't like lou reed... at all.

sonikold 04.02.2006 03:34 AM

i like it.

c'mon, you know you always just wanted to rock out sweet jane and rock & roll...

AllHandsOnTheBigOne 04.02.2006 02:31 PM

I really need to pick up a Lou Reed solo album. What's a good one to start with??

hey alex 04.02.2006 09:46 PM

Alright, I listened to a little more.. it's an ok record... But I don't like the version of herion.

And for reed solo, I haven't heard a lot but transformer's a safe bet. Co-produced by bowie and has 'walk on the wild side', vicious, perfect day. It's solid. I just got street hassle recently and it's fuckin awesome, don't know if you should start there, but it's damn good and starts with a parody of sweet jane...

"Hey, if that ain’t the rock’n’roll animal himself, what you doing bro.
(standing on the corner)
Well, I can see that, what you got in your hand
(suitcase in my hand)
No, shit, what’s this
(jack is in his corset, jane is in her vest)
Fucking faggot johnson
(jack, sweet jane, I’m in a rock’n’roll band)
Well, I can see that"

it's fun

sonikold 04.02.2006 10:58 PM

transformer's a good start.

dietzer123 04.02.2006 10:59 PM

lou reed vs. iggy pop in a fight to the death, who wins?

hey alex 04.02.2006 11:16 PM

neither.

Everyneurotic 04.02.2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dietzer123
lou reed vs. iggy pop in a fight to the death, who wins?

ok, lou gets a needle out and shoots enough meth to feel the power of 10 tigers. iggy gets the peanut butter jar out, then breaks bottles on the ground and roll on them until they are stuck to his body, then he hurls himself to lou. meanwhile, all lou can do is stare psychotically into space as he sees metal machine music turned into a monster (someone there spiked the meth with some lsd); just as iggy is about to hit lou, david bowie arrives and tells them there's no need to fight when he can help them with their careers. then he fucks both to submition.

krastian 04.02.2006 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
ok, lou gets a needle out and shoots enough meth to feel the power of 10 tigers. iggy gets the peanut butter jar out, then breaks bottles on the ground and roll on them until they are stuck to his body, then he hurls himself to lou. meanwhile, all lou can do is stare psychotically into space as he sees metal machine music turned into a monster (someone there spiked the meth with some lsd); just as iggy is about to hit lou, david bowie arrives and tells them there's no need to fight when he can help them with their careers. then he fucks both to submition.

That sounds about right.

hey alex 04.03.2006 12:29 AM

totally/

pokkeherrie 04.03.2006 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hey alex
I never wanted to hear herion and white light/white heat with blandass 70's arena rock guitar. Why o why!

those were exactly my thoughts when i got that album from some second hand store about 10-12 years ago. :D

as for a solo lou reed album, transformer would be the obvious pick i suppose.

Inhuman 04.03.2006 08:43 AM

Aww I love Lou Reed. The Velvet Underground are one of my alltime favorites, and in his solo career, the song Perfect Day simply amazes me

Everyneurotic 04.03.2006 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
I really need to pick up a Lou Reed solo album. What's a good one to start with??

fuck the singer/songwriter pussy shit!!!!. get metal machine music

hey alex 04.03.2006 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
fuck the singer/songwriter pussy shit!!!!. get metal machine music

reed - "anyone who gets to side four is dumber than I may for making the thing"

I am one dumb fuck ^__________^