Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Albums you've owned for some time, but have never listened to (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=20517)

Torn Curtain 03.17.2008 12:57 PM

I listen to every album I buy at least once.

yazz 03.17.2008 01:19 PM

Well I don't own these, as in material CD/vinyl/etc form, but they're just there on my computer and I haven't given them a listen yet.

Highway 61 Revisited - Bob Dylan
Gulag Orkestar + Lon Gisland EP - Beirut
Pink Moon - Nick Drake
Illinois - Sufjan Stevens
Imperial Bedroom - Elvis Costello

Glice 03.17.2008 01:38 PM

I've got loads of compilations that I can never be arsed to listen to. Invetiably when I pick one from the pile it's shit. I did have a gash-load of charity shop records that we sat in a pile waiting to be listened to, but a weekend's solitude sorted that out late last year.

Every now and then I'll find a record I've forgotten I owned and then give it a bash; actually, there's a record by the Sea Ensemble that I listened to when I got it, twice, and thought it was rubbish; I gave it another bash last year and it's really good. Very difficult to know how one's taste will change.

I need to get rid of some records I think. I've got a plan to stick around the 1,000 records mark and episodically purge to stay around that point. I don't feel like I can feasibly own and realistically listen to more than that.

tesla69 03.17.2008 01:43 PM

I've got an HR LP on SST I bought used for a $1 last summer I haven't played yet. And a friend gave me his extra copy of the Awesome Color Cd I still haven't played yet. And the first Norah Jones someone else gave me.

now that I think about it I still haven't listened to the moore/cline/ranaldo/giffoni live CD

acousticrock87 03.18.2008 01:00 AM

Pretty much every I've ever gotten from the $1 bin. I think the idea that I got it for $1 convinces me it's crap by the time I get home.

The Best of R.E.M. CDs. I don't like them. I hoped those would change my mind.

Also, a ton of Aphex Twin stuff that I got too quickly. He has a lot of shit.

Genteel Death 12.28.2010 10:44 AM

Ken Filiano - Subvenire
Electric Tones - Jukebox

Derek 12.28.2010 10:46 AM

Some noise tapes people have randomly sent me.

SpaceCadetHayden 12.28.2010 05:46 PM

I have tons of 7" that I got from KRS and various record labels as promos that I've never listened to. That's probably it, though.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 12.28.2010 07:04 PM

my popz sent me some kings of leon records years ago, they STILL never managed to get into my rotation, even after that band blew up all big more recently..

I also took over a year to finally give the Black Keys Attack and Release a chance, and it turned out to be one of my all-time favorite records, but previously I had even seen the Black Keys perform multiple times as opening acts and I never much cared for them, neither do I care much for the pre-A&R records..

jon boy 12.29.2010 04:17 AM

rather ripped stands as a testament to anti rock.

PAULYBEE2656 12.30.2010 01:31 PM

something by burial. something by malajube. something by beach house. something by someone who i have no idea who or what they are but the cover looks nice and one song was called " i wet the bed yesterday" so i bought it for 50c in a shop which doesnt usually sell cds. it probably sucks in fact im sure it does suck. ill never listen to it, ever ever ever ever.