Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Unrequited Love Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24961)

sarramkrop 08.29.2008 09:09 PM

Unrequited Love Thread

Post you suicidal stories of pain and sorrow beacuse someone doesn't seem to love you as much as you love them.

TODAY: The Turkish doorman. It's killing me.

Danny Himself 08.29.2008 09:39 PM

You know all tall brunette girls with this haircut?

I LOVE THEM but I don't know any, so this qualifies this love as unrequited? There were scores of them at the Conor Oberst gig I went to recently and I almost died of an indie boy heart attack. By law, all of these ladies listen to M. Ward every night before bed, light scented candles instead of lamps at night, drink coffee, look good in jeans, and write indie pop songs on ukeleles. I am yet to befriend one. There's none in any of my college classes. One of them started talking to me about Daniel Johnston in a bar one night and I was so scared that I just offered some piss-poor reply about how one of my friends likes Daniel Johnston too.

o'connor 08.29.2008 10:10 PM

i find most indie chicks (that are hot) are either out of my league or just really fucking snobby. my friends are always baffled by the type of women they see me w/. so am i actually. hmmm.

demonrail666 08.29.2008 10:28 PM

I've had it, and it depresses me to this day in a very deep and troubling way.

terriblecanyons 08.29.2008 10:45 PM

The pizza guy. I always tip him like 3 bucks but he doesn't even like, care. :(

alteredcourse 08.29.2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
I've had it, and it depresses me to this day in a very deep and troubling way.

What happened ?!?

Pax Americana 08.29.2008 10:56 PM

I've had this massive ongoing crush on this one girl that I went to high school with for like 8 years now. I've had other girlfriends in that time, but in the back of my mind, I've always wanted to be with this girl. She moved away from the area a couple years ago, but she still has family here. So anyway, she was back here a couple months ago for this wedding that I also happened to be at. I figured this was my one shot since she's not around here anymore. So I danced with her, did some hardcore flirting, and really turned on the charm and told her how I'd had feelings for her for a long time.

Yeah... she wasn't havin' it. It was really depressing for a while and I was kinda broken up about it, but at least now I know it's never gonna be, so I can forget her for good.

Everyneurotic 08.29.2008 10:59 PM

i'm still heartbroken over it, i'm feeling like i could never love someone anymore after what happened.

demonrail666 08.29.2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alteredcourse
What happened ?!?

Everyneurotic's post above sums it up perfectly.

Cantankerous 08.29.2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself

You know all tall brunette girls with this haircut?

uh, yeah, hey

Alex's Trip 08.29.2008 11:17 PM

Seventh grade science teacher...

*sigh*

pop punk will eat itself 08.30.2008 01:01 AM

After telling the girl i was in love with how i felt about her, she seemed genuinely interested in me and flattered that i felt that way. We talked about going to the movies or something, but a week passed without any contact from her. When i finally heard from her after a week, she told me that the going out thing wasnt such a good idea, maybe some other time. that right now shes thinks the male species is full of shit, and if it were an option for her, she would choose homosexuality over having anything to do with the opposite sex. I immediately cried and a couple of months later almost killed myself. I'm pretty much over it now -- its been a year -- but it took a lot of alcohol and several random hookups. Ugh, damn 2007 to hell.

i found out a few days after the incident that she wasnt over her last relationship when i approached her. so i do think she had some interest in me, it just wasnt the right time.

MellySingsDoom 08.30.2008 03:38 AM

Yeah, I've been there, got the T-shirt, and moaned to everyone in earshot about it. Poor Melly friends...

This Is Not Here 08.30.2008 04:34 AM

She just won't take my calls.

Cantankerous 08.30.2008 04:38 AM

you know i think i'm the only person here who can honestly say that i have never experienced unrequited love.

This Is Not Here 08.30.2008 04:52 AM

Check this depressing little tale out. Over the past year I've made the closest female freind I have, I met her on my course, and shes wonderful. When we first started getting close, it seemed likely we'd either sleep with eachother or start going out. Then everything changed when my best freinds went to Australia for five monthes, I realised I didn't need a fuck-buddy or girlfreind relationship from her, I needed a close freind, because my man-friends had buggered off abroad. Also partly because our course was hotting up and we were applying to unis etc, it wasn't what we needed to focus on, so we were best freinds throughout this period, and it was just so perfect. However, on my friends return the dating question once again arose, and it did seem apparent that it was never going to happen, she had really stopped thinking of me in that way. Fine. However, what happened next was not: whilst I was on holiday in New York, she slept with one of my best freinds (one who went to Australia, ironically). So on my return I was told in one cold hard blow, not only had they pulled, which would have been shock enough, but they'd fucked when I was out of the picture. Shame how your total trust in people is proved wrong, isn't it.

This Is Not Here 08.30.2008 04:54 AM

Also the barman at Trash Palace is rediculously hot and seemingly unattainable, to add insult to injury.

Cantankerous 08.30.2008 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Also the barman at Trash Palace is rediculously hot and seemingly unattainable, to add insult to injury.

yeah he is.

MellySingsDoom 08.30.2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Check this depressing little tale out. Over the past year I've made the closest female freind I have, I met her on my course, and shes wonderful. When we first started getting close, it seemed likely we'd either sleep with eachother or start going out. Then everything changed when my best freinds went to Australia for five monthes, I realised I didn't need a fuck-buddy or girlfreind relationship from her, I needed a close freind, because my man-friends had buggered off abroad. Also partly because our course was hotting up and we were applying to unis etc, it wasn't what we needed to focus on, so we were best freinds throughout this period, and it was just so perfect. However, on my friends return the dating question once again arose, and it did seem apparent that it was never going to happen, she had really stopped thinking of me in that way. Fine. However, what happened next was not: whilst I was on holiday in New York, she slept with one of my best freinds (one who went to Australia, ironically). So on my return I was told in one cold hard blow, not only had they pulled, which would have been shock enough, but they'd fucked when I was out of the picture. Shame how your total trust in people is proved wrong, isn't it.

That's horrible, TINH, especially with your "best" friend knowing how you felt about this girl. Life's a cunt sometimes, isn't it?

This Is Not Here 08.30.2008 05:07 AM

It's not a good situation at all, and I've been in a very bad way about it over the past few weeks. He even had the audacity to say last week that I was "tainting" his relationship with her. Whats more canoodle on the floor with her whilst he KNEW i was still awake. Whats more shocking is if I had to name one friend who would not act like this it would be him.