Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Bark Haze release date (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10211)

Moshe 01.31.2007 04:19 AM

The Bark Haze release date

http://www.saucerlike.com/index.php

The Bark Haze gets Important
January 27, 2007

On February27th Important Records will release a CD and an entirely different LP (both untitled) from The Bark Haze:
"The Bark Haze is primarily a guitar duo of GOWN (nom de plume of one Andrew Macgregor) and Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth tfuckingcetera). Auxiliary members have been know to include Pete Nolan (Magik Markers, Virgin Eye Blood Brothers, Cops et al). Their name came from a mis-hearing of the radical early 70s R+B group the Bar-Kays and from that moment the concept of mis-hearing and allegiance to presenting the mis-hearing as some open-ended musical course became The Bark Haze's identity. So far all concerts have taken place in Western Massachusetts and once in the confines of Cambridge, MA's Twisted Village record emporium. They anxiously await their debut gig in the UK at the Nightmare Before Christmas event curated by Moore. As the heroic and potentially bonkers Carpenters refrained We've Only just Begun.Damn straight."

Moshe

jon boy 01.31.2007 04:30 AM

exellent. thanks once again moshe.

Moshe 02.07.2007 02:33 AM

The CD is called "Total Joke Era" and it contains two live tracks (running 35 min) recorded in Northampton, Ma September 2006.

sonicl 02.07.2007 04:13 AM

In case anyone's wondering, like I was, Important Records don't have either the CD or the vinyl available for pre-order.

They said, when I asked:

We've got about 1/2 of the titles from the next new batch of new releases here so we're not making them available until they're all here. It should be in the next 1-2 weeks. No need to pre-order Bark Haze. We'll definitely have enough for mailorder.

Moshe 02.22.2007 01:14 AM

Both CD and LP are available now!

sonicl 02.22.2007 04:02 AM

You beat me to it!

THE BARK HAZE - Total Joke Era - cd
imprec127 - CD - $11.99

MP3

The Bark Haze is primarily a guitar duo of GOWN (nom de plume of one Andrew Macgregor) and Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth etfuckingcetera). Auxiliary members have been know to include Pete Nolan (Magik Markers, Virgin Eye Blood Brothers, Cops et al). Their name came from a mis-hearing of the radical early 70s R+B group the Bar-Kays and from that moment the concept of mis-hearing and allegiance to presenting the mis-hearing as some open-ended musical course became The Bark Haze's identity. So far all concerts have taken place in Western Massachusetts and once in the confines of Cambridge, MA's Twisted Village record emporium. They anxiously await their debut gig in the UK at the Nightmare Before Christmas event curated by Moore. As the heroic and potentially bonkers Carpenters refrained We've Only Just Begun. Damn straight.

The Bark Haze - Lp - lp
imprec128 - Lp - $11.99

MP3

This limited edition lp was pressed in an edition of 1000. The first 100 mailorder customers will receive half & half black/white color vinyl. These are completely different recordings than the Bark Haze compact disc also on Important Records.

NORTH AMERICAN SHIPPING:
$3 for the first item and .50 each additional item.

OVERSEAS SHIPPING:
$4 for the first cd and $1 each additional
$11 for the first lp and $1 each additional cd or lp
($12 for both the CD and LP to go to destinations outside North America)

Our paypal i.d. is imprec@importantrecords.com

http://www.importantrecords.com/releases/b.htm#barkhaze

sonicl 02.22.2007 04:21 AM

Me too. I want that sexy black/white vinyl!

tesla69 02.22.2007 11:50 AM

For those of you who have seen them play live, what should we expect soundwise? Fey pseudo folk? noise-acoustic? grating sheer blasphemy?

sonicl 02.22.2007 12:02 PM

Give me a few minutes, Tesla69, and I'll post a yousendit link for you, with their ATP performance on it.

EDIT - The link is in sonic sharing.

tesla69 02.22.2007 12:26 PM

Sonicl, thanks for that link, but I'm at a work pc so I can't access it, I was just looking for a few words that might pigeonhole this project;-)

They play in NYC a couple weeks but its the same night as Test plays, its a tough choice.

EDIT: nevermind, friends, I see there's MP3's at the Important site...oh yeah this IS sweetstuff...

jon boy 02.22.2007 03:17 PM

yeah that performance was utterly amazing. i listen to it quite a lot. its good for getting up to in the morning.

racehorse 02.22.2007 06:14 PM

ordered my copy!
can't wait to hear this, one of my favourite of all sonic side projects!

val-holla-ing 02.23.2007 02:49 AM

ordered mine!

i wish they would venture out of the northeast and tour or something.

sonicl 02.27.2007 04:47 AM

I have that sexy black/white vinyl in my hands right now (well, actually it's sat next to me - if it was in my hands I wouldn't be able to type this).

Nice picture of Thurston in the CD booklet too.

greenlight 02.27.2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
I have that sexy black/white vinyl in my hands right now (well, actually it's sat next to me - if it was in my hands I wouldn't be able to type this).

Nice picture of Thurston in the CD booklet too.

so do you like it?

can't wait for my copy.

stu666 02.27.2007 02:01 PM

mine arrived today and i got the black/white vinyl just need a record player now

pantophobia 02.27.2007 02:57 PM

is Ecstatic Peace gonna get an allotment of the bark haze stuff?, or are they planing to release a different bark haze CD or LP?

whorefrost 03.01.2007 06:46 AM

fuck Bark Haze, we need an Alien Heat LP!

pantophobia 03.01.2007 11:47 AM

so how do the CD and LP sound?

sonicl 03.01.2007 11:50 AM

I'll let you know about the CD tomorrow. I won't have time to listen to the vinyl until the weekend.