Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   terrible canyons... can we talk about sims? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33399)

girlgun 08.04.2009 03:38 PM

terrible canyons... can we talk about sims?

or anyone else who might be a total dork like me.....

terriblecanyons 08.04.2009 03:38 PM

Yes, let's talk about sims. Let's talk about sims until our heads asplode.

Satan 08.04.2009 03:38 PM

trapping them and starting a fire is the best thing ever

terriblecanyons 08.04.2009 03:39 PM

I tried putting a baby in my pool but everyone was freaking out and saved it

Someone caught fire by a birthday cake once and died in my bathroom.

atsonicpark 08.04.2009 03:39 PM

Something I've noticed about people IN REAL LIFE who like the Sims. They buy every new Sims game and expansion pack, play it hardcore for a week, and then never touch it again. My girlfriend's Sims 3 copy already has dust on it. Not kidding.

Satan 08.04.2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Something I've noticed about people IN REAL LIFE who like the Sims. They buy every new Sims game and expansion pack, play it hardcore for a week, and then never touch it again. My girlfriend's Sims 3 copy already has dust on it. Not kidding.

yeah........

terriblecanyons 08.04.2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

That's fucking blasphemy. I play sims 3 every single day for hours on end. the only reason I'm not playing right now is because of this thread.

atsonicpark 08.04.2009 03:41 PM

They're clever little games, certainly.

I TURNED INTO A VAMPIRE AND MADE LAWN GNOMES FOR MONEY.

It's not blasphemy! I know like 5 Simsheads who are all the same. Anyway, though I'm not a big fan of these games, I'm really happy there are still people playing them instead of those shitty Halo games.

pbradley 08.04.2009 03:44 PM

http://www.boatcrime.com/2009/07/22/videogame/

girlgun 08.04.2009 03:45 PM

how do you make gnomes for money?

i'm the emperor of evil. i'm currently married to the guy i tried to kill. i locked him in the garage for 2 weeks, but i have aging turned off and he never died... but his bladder did. when i married him, i had to get him a "steel bladder" because i got sick of mopping up his puddles.

i recently moved my shit from riverside to the ocean one. i lost a lot of stuff.

i'm not sick of it. when i get bored... i build.

floatingslowly 08.04.2009 03:47 PM

tell 'em about yr death party!!

that may be the funniest thing I've ever seen in a videogame (that wasn't pre-scripted).

terriblecanyons 08.04.2009 03:47 PM

I went over to this bitch's house and she randomly was like "wanna move in?" of course I agreed. I sold her house, sold all of her shit, stole her baby, and kicked her out. I got about 200,000 simoleons for that genius move.

girlgun 08.04.2009 03:49 PM

hahahaha. that's hilarious.

i went to my ex-husband's house and he had a baby with my last name. i got locked out of the house with the baby, so i just put the baby down and left. i don't want no stinkin' baby!

i made my husband fuck the maid and then i kicked his ass.

if i let my sim do what she wants, she randomly scares people or just slaps them.

Rob Instigator 08.04.2009 03:50 PM

I got bored with sims real quick.

I played Sim City though for about 8 months! fuck!

terriblecanyons 08.04.2009 03:51 PM

One of my sims died and the birthdays for these two little girls I adopted was coming up, so I decided to hold an ingenious birthday/funeral party. I put this huge buffet table in the middle of my front lawn, and just as I made the two little girls "age up", someone getting cookies from the buffet table died in my fucking lawn. Someone died at my funeral. SOMEONE DIED AT MY FUCKING FUNERAL. When the grim reaper showed up he stuck around and danced.

Satan 08.04.2009 03:53 PM

:( i neeeeeeed you sims

girlgun 08.04.2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
One of my sims died and the birthdays for these two little girls I adopted was coming up, so I decided to hold an ingenious birthday/funeral party. I put this huge buffet table in the middle of my front lawn, and just as I made the two little girls "age up", someone getting cookies from the buffet table died in my fucking lawn. Someone died at my funeral. SOMEONE DIED AT MY FUCKING FUNERAL. When the grim reaper showed up he stuck around and danced.

hahahah! i so want to be death's friend... or at least paint his portrait. floating mentioned my bf died at a party... and death thought she was funnier alive than dead so he brought her back to life (after he went swimming in my pool). i felt sorry for her, so i asked her to spend the night because she died and all... but then she told me she was a klepto... so i kicked her ass right out.

terriblecanyons 08.04.2009 03:56 PM

I want to be his friend too. I really hate how you can't invite him over. It makes me angry.

Here's death, dancing to my retarded long haired rock star's music.

Here's the grave by the buffet table.

girlgun 08.04.2009 04:00 PM

death is awesome.

are you just screen shotting? or are you using your "phone camera"?

girlgun 08.04.2009 04:00 PM

show me your house.

terriblecanyons 08.04.2009 04:01 PM

I use the screenshot option in the panel.

Here's more:

This is the bitch that I stole the baby and house from. She's swimming in her clothes while some random guy steals her baby.

Some random half-naked guy in my backyard

Satan 08.04.2009 04:03 PM

which sims is this?

i don't remember shit going down like this on my sims

girlgun 08.04.2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

I use the screenshot option in the panel.

Here's more:

This is the bitch that I stole the baby and house from. She's swimming in her clothes while some random guy steals her baby.

Some random half-naked guy in my backyard

hahaha... i just snorted. ohhhh i'll have to screen shot some shit. funny stuff happens.

it's sims 3, satan! i never thought i'd get hooked, but i did :(

Satan 08.04.2009 04:07 PM

how long before i can buy it cheap for mac?!?!?!?!

Rob Instigator 08.04.2009 04:09 PM

sell yr soul to yrself for mad cash!

girlgun 08.04.2009 04:10 PM

i dunno. floating bought it for the mac for him, but i took it over. he's now on a laptop in the other room. mwahaha. i might piss myself waiting for expansion packs.

floatingslowly 08.04.2009 04:10 PM

it's only a couple months old, so the retail price won't drop too soon.

I just looked, and you can get it on amazon for $29. it's a pc/mac dvd.

girlgun 08.04.2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
sell yr soul to yrself for mad cash!

if only that were possible!

atsonicpark 08.04.2009 04:10 PM

Making lawn gnomes for money may be exclusive the console versions, I dunno..

Satan 08.04.2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
it's only a couple months old, so the retail price won't drop too soon.

I just looked, and you can get it on amazon for $29. it's a pc/mac dvd.

DVD, wtf

i might break down and buy it though

i cant even find sims 2 for cheap (cheap = $20 or less)

girlgun 08.04.2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Making lawn gnomes for money may be exclusive the console versions, I dunno..

it must be. haven't seen any opportunity for that. i know i get a lot of magic gnomes by sending off gems to be cut, but they come back as magic gnomes. i wake up/log on and they're all around my bed. i think they're trying to kill me.

terriblecanyons 08.04.2009 04:12 PM

my cars

house - back view

house - side view

I'm not quite done editing it to my liking, but it's big enough to hold all my sims and the ghosts of all my dead sims. They visit my house late at night. One of them thinks they're still alive, and they still go to work and everything.

floatingslowly 08.04.2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlgun
he's now on a laptop in the other room.

I
am
so
fucking
nice.

:mad:

girlgun 08.04.2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

my cars

house - back view

house - side view

I'm not quite done editing it to my liking, but it's big enough to hold all my sims and the ghosts of all my dead sims. They visit my house late at night. One of them thinks they're still alive, and they still go to work and everything.

awesome. did you build it from scratch? i always modify another house.

yes... FS.. you're SO nice. thank you. srsly.

terriblecanyons 08.04.2009 04:18 PM

I modded this house when I only had three sims. Now I have eight. I'm going to sell it soon and start from scratch.

girlgun 08.04.2009 04:25 PM

i'll take a picture of my house tonight. do you play in the oceanside town? or the riverside one?

i think i may work on a house from scratch while i keep my other one. i loved my riverside house. it was evil and very new orleans, but the ocean town is better.

terriblecanyons 08.04.2009 04:27 PM

I play in oceanside. I haven't touched riverside yet. I'm still trying to find the perfect lot to build my obnoxiously huge house on.

girlgun 08.04.2009 04:33 PM

riverside has bigger lots. my house wouldn't fit on ANY lot in the ocean one.

terriblecanyons 08.04.2009 04:34 PM

Maybe I'll move to riverside. I dunno. I don't wanna lose all the awesome shit I have, and my sims are worth almost 1,000,000 simoleons.

girlgun 08.04.2009 04:47 PM

i had 1.5 million simoleons. i put all the stuff i wanted to take in my family inventory. it mostly worked, but my paintings ended up with question marks on them and all my trashy novels didn't come with me in my book cases, but they would've if i had put them in my regular inventory. my mistake. now i know. the other characters are better in the ocean one though. i kept all my skills and my money, but i didn't own all the business like i did in riverside. so $$ isn't issue. you just have to save to library and then move family in in new location.